Author Topic: Slash commands  (Read 43094 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Slash commands
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 07:33:37 AM »
Typing /architect while next to an Architect console will bring up the Architect UI. You can edit missions, but of course you can't test or play them.

0.97a: /customwindow <name> will create a new custom window for macros. However, they will not save unless you already have a data/customwindows folder.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:26:40 AM by Leandro »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 04:31:13 AM »
I updated the wiki page with slash commands. Am I missing any?
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat#Slash_Commands
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 04:57:31 AM »
As an addendum - is there a way to make a /roll command that DOESN'T add the rolls together? Right now, only the person rolling sees individual results, and only if they're viewing the tohit channel.

e.g. I want to do 6d6, but I want the individual results echoed, not the additive result. Maybe the stuff I'm rolling for, only rolls of 3 or more are applicable (as a generic way to show "armor" or something), so being able to display all six rolls means I can ignore rolls of 1 or 2, which can't be done with additive results.

/roll 6d6 -add
Aggelakis rolled 6d6: 1, 2, 5, 5, 6, 6.

Or keep the command as-is, but for multi-dice rolls show the individual rolls alongside the added result?
/roll 6d6
Aggelakis rolled 23 (6d6: 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6).

Right now, to do this, requires rolling individual dice however many times I need (so I need to execute /roll 6 six times). That's spammy and potentially annoying.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »
I updated the wiki page with slash commands. Am I missing any?
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat#Slash_Commands

You don't appear to be. I just did a double check, and I think it was reasonably thorough (for this thread).
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »
As an addendum - is there a way to make a /roll command that DOESN'T add the rolls together? Right now, only the person rolling sees individual results, and only if they're viewing the tohit channel.

I don't really want to do that because of the potential for extreme chat spam. IMO, if you're going to make 100 lines appear in the chat window of everybody nearby, short of writing code to do it, you should have to type 100 commands...

The extended syntax is intended for dice pools, which are common for attack rolls in some systems due to the statistical distribution of results when added together.

/roll 6d6

That might be a possibility, but only for smaller sized pools. For rolling 100d6, the list of results would overwhelm the rest of the message. The way dice rolls are implemented it would still be extremely chatty on the XMPP side though.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 07:19:52 PM »

e.g. I want to do 6d6, but I want the individual results echoed, not the additive result. Maybe the stuff I'm rolling for, only rolls of 3 or more are applicable (as a generic way to show "armor" or something), so being able to display all six rolls means I can ignore rolls of 1 or 2, which can't be done with additive results.

/roll 6d6 -add
Aggelakis rolled 6d6: 1, 2, 5, 5, 6, 6.

Or keep the command as-is, but for multi-dice rolls show the individual rolls alongside the added result?
/roll 6d6

Right now, to do this, requires rolling individual dice however many times I need (so I need to execute /roll 6 six times). That's spammy and potentially annoying.

How about this:

/roll 100d6 -min 4
Aggelakis rolled 100d6, 52 succeeded.

/roll 100d6 -min 2 -max 5
Aggelakis rolled 100d6, 67 succeeded.

/roll 100d6 -threshold 3
Aggelakis rolled 147 (rolls < 3 discarded)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
How about this:

/roll 100d6 -min 4
Aggelakis rolled 100d6, 52 succeeded.

/roll 100d6 -min 2 -max 5
Aggelakis rolled 100d6, 67 succeeded.

/roll 100d6 -threshold 3
Aggelakis rolled 147 (rolls < 3 discarded)
This also works! This is actually better because I don't have to math!!

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tomfoy224

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »
For anyone hating the Cartoon look with black outline on new update, "/usecelshader 0"  Gets rid of it! Your welcome! :) 8)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 08:57:42 PM »
For anyone hating the Cartoon look with black outline on new update, "/usecelshader 0"  Gets rid of it! Your welcome! :) 8)

Oh gods, thanks for that! The horrible is gone!