Author Topic: List of Combat Emotes  (Read 30799 times)

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
Re: List of Combat Emotes
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »
Yeah 9 times out of ten the answer im looking for is on another thread typicslly the one i read after i post. I really got to read the sticky posts first rather than the ones that look fun first. The devs of this game are so sharp its scary.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 03:13:23 AM »
Thanks, Arcana, I tried the experiment you suggested. Still bugging me that I've seen those "bits" on a website somewhere before, along with the animation names, activation times, and how long the animation was. For the most part just scratched my head at the time, and at least some parts of it wasn't clear to me the people posting them understood. Can't track it down, and from what you're saying even if I could the information is almost certainly out of date by now anyway. It sticks in my mind that I saw that somewhere partly because the list of "bits" puzzled me when I saw them back then.

I tinkered a bit using the list of MOV animations for demoediting on Paragon Wiki to take a stab at getting a few working, but with very mixed results. Was able to get one or two that did something visible anyway, probably guessing wrong on the others in any one of several ways. Will leave it to the folks who know where to get the right info to plug in.

It's like Arcana says, even if you get bits and pieces to work, the most you can manage right now is PARTS of a power activation. If you can find all the pieces, you MIGHT be able to build up into a full sequence you can activate manually with macros that kinda sorta looks like a power activation. So far, of course, I have made no progress on getting the ones I really want working at all. (lol)

Hopefully people who understand it all better will post some more working emote.cfg snippets soon. The martial arts moves someone posted are VERY handy for my MA/SR scrapper, hoping we'll gradually build up a similar set for a lot of other powersets. Sounds like the ranged sets are a lot farther off than some of the others.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:39 AM »
Ive seen people waving staves and guns around so  those must be  floating around  somewhere.
wonder if this  could of emotetech could  be  used for the  infamous "walk" power.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »
Ive seen people waving staves and guns around so  those must be  floating around  somewhere.
wonder if this  could of emotetech could  be  used for the  infamous "walk" power.

Some emotes actually put objects into people's hands, like doughnuts, signs, and even staffs and guns.  Its not the same thing as making your weapons visible when performing combat animations, because those don't make those same items appear and there's no way to cross the streams, so to speak, and get the effects of one animation to rub off on another.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 09:00:55 AM »
I was just referring to  the ones just pulling out the items myself if that is what i've seen.
honestly id just like to be able to move my blind character around with a staff in hand...did that with nemisis staff before staff combat came out,  don't care about fighting with it you can use hand auras and stuff for combat.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
I was just referring to  the ones just pulling out the items myself if that is what i've seen.
honestly id just like to be able to move my blind character around with a staff in hand...did that with nemisis staff before staff combat came out,  don't care about fighting with it you can use hand auras and stuff for combat.

What you're seeing is emotes with objects baked in to the animation itself.  Triggering weapon objects is totally different, you're spawning an entity in the character's hand, which is a different thing entirely to triggering a premade animation sequence.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
no id actually like to know what the emotes i saw were.the pre-baked ones  the staff i saw looked pretty cool. most the  emotes i have  don't have anything weapon-like pre-baked or other-wize, a few have light shows.. but im not that into light shows. light shows are way more distracting than standing there with a staff. I guess /e talkpool is close but the talking part of it is distracting.

im not asking for a custom weapon or a combat weapon. I just want to know what i've seen already in game.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 11:41:45 AM »
no id actually like to know what the emotes i saw were.the pre-baked ones  the staff i saw looked pretty cool. most the  emotes i have  don't have anything weapon-like pre-baked or other-wize, a few have light shows.. but im not that into light shows. light shows are way more distracting than standing there with a staff. I guess /e talkpool is close but the talking part of it is distracting.

im not asking for a custom weapon or a combat weapon. I just want to know what i've seen already in game.

Well, most of the list are available in the ICON subform, you could always experiment with them to see which ones are the ones you're after, then put them into the emote.cfg file in PC.  That's what I did (eventually), after all.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »
I made a staff character, and for some reason the weapon stayed out when I went in game. It was doing the samem thing when I made the character, in the character creator, so maybe if you can get the staff to stay out in creation it'll stay out in game.

This was a few versions of PC ago, though, and I haven't logged in since.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 05:40:32 PM »
Was it the Tech Knight staff? That set was unfinished and I seem to remember noticing that the animation sequencer for the staff is broken and it's visible all the time.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »
yeah i have most the emotes published on this forum...true may be a costume bit i had not considered that i may have to check that out.  :o

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
Was it the Tech Knight staff? That set was unfinished and I seem to remember noticing that the animation sequencer for the staff is broken and it's visible all the time.

It was indeed.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
Yes... Its perfect...

we should totally break all weapon sequencers :p
im kidding of course. no need to break the game for me. :)

Thanks for the tip. the one i saw looks more like a fethery carnival staff somone probibly did the  get npc costumes thing to get it. but the tech staff is fine for my needs.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »

Thank you guys. Figured it out. I love Arcana's power presentation mnu file as it has more powers included. No offense to anyone. I know there are many more powers i played with in icon a while back. I just do not remember the link where all that raw files for the powers are again.

Could this be what you were looking for?

http://cohrevival.tk/codex/movs.html

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
The Combat emotes added here are very neat  8) and extremely fun to play with  ;D. I do have a  questions though:
+Would this be able to be used on the working version of the game?
I sure would hope so  :D these animations are too fun and cool to just have in PC  :), Again, thanks for the emotes and your hard work  ;D
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »
I do have a  questions though:
+Would this be able to be used on the working version of the game?

The real functioning game can't quite be edited in the same way.  Its not impossible, but much trickier.

Hazukichan

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »
I hope I'm not missing something, but I keep looking around this forum for a list of... well, other emotes/misc. animations that aren't player-available by default... and coming up blank. To clarify, I have looked through this and the costume change emotes thread, and found them both useful; just wondering if there are more similar ones I might have missed, or if the players showing off unfamiliar emotes got their info some other way.

If there is another thread (or more) on the topic, may I have a link, please?
If not, then no worries. Not asking anyone to put together one on my behalf, I'm plenty grateful for the two I did find.  ;)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
Some of the emotes I use I haven't posted because they don't work properly; ie: some of the teleport out emotes, after triggering, render your character invisible until you relog.  One of them even welds you to the floor... :S

lexicon

• Minion
    • The Danger Ranger's Database
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
"If there is another thread (or more) on the topic, may I have a link, please?"

-------------------------------[

The Quickchat menu Fix incorporates every emote discovered here so far and many more, Imblazed247 has done a lot of work with me towards creating a large list of emotes for use... Just sayin. :)
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!
My CoH Faces Profile! // Get your Quickchat FIXED!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club