Author Topic: Senticon Output Failure  (Read 14972 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Senticon Output Failure
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:59:27 PM »
I have a lot of Sentinel files, so I moved a few of them (11) to a new folder. They had 53 costumes, of which 5 failed to process properly. I tried to extract again with just one hero, but the same costume failed on that try. Is there any way to get that costume using Senticon? Barring that, what's the best way to manually extract it somehow?

Also, I would suggest that in the instructions (http://cit.cohtitan.com/senticon/index.php) you provide a slightly more thorough explanation of "navigate there with your command prompt." Additionally, the link you have to Java is outdated - they're up to version 8 update 45, and yours links to 7 something.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
Re: Senticon Output Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 04:11:41 AM »
So, uh...... yeah, I had this same issue. After using the command to extract all the costumes, a few didn't load. I tried an individual file where all 5 costumes failed... and they when I do it for just the one file.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 04:58:35 AM »
I'm going to be revisiting Senticon, since it looks like we'll need one in good working order going forward. I never was quite satisfied with it...

Mastigophoran

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 01:15:05 AM »
I was able to use Senticon to extract most of the costumes from my saved data, thank you very much for making it/offering it. Without both tools, I would honestly have nothing.

However, for several of my most prized characters, I had to manually edit a copy of my Sentinel+ XMLs and guess at what parts needed to be removed. In the case I worked on tonight, it was the parts related to a Tanker's shields powerset, as well as the 2 out of 5 auras that were set to Head & Fists. I replaced the shield lines with a copy of the adjacent none lines, and changed the aura to a type from another costume which had worked, but, left the colour that had been recorded. I was then able to use this tool to export them, and I edited them from there back to 'correct' with the game's costume creator.

My assault rifle blaster also fails to export the costumes, I'm guessing the cause is going to be similar.

One (perhaps) simple option that would make the tool easier to work with would be if could let you know which parts were unknown, as that would remove a lot of the guess work.

Thanks again.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 02:25:11 AM »
I'm going to be revisiting Senticon, since it looks like we'll need one in good working order going forward. I never was quite satisfied with it...

Do you need examples of files that don't work?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 04:23:09 AM »
I have some samples on my end already that should help lead me to the resolution I need. The new program will operate in a rather different manner to the old one, and I think you guys will be pleased with it.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 03:24:37 PM »
Thanks, this is great news!

My main wasn't able to be converted either.  Unfortunately I posted in the Icon section because I failed to look for this one...

I'll try editing the XML to get rid of the things I don't need and see if that works.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 06:22:03 PM »
I did a little poking around in the XML and got the costume export to work. Here are the lines that I had problems with, in the hopes that it will be helpful.

Face: <part>V_fem_Head.GEO/GEO_Head_V_Asym_Standard !Face_Skin_V_Fem_Head_10 none 00e3e3e3 0000fdff</part>
I fixed this by replacing with:    <part>V_fem_Head.GEO/GEO_Head_V_Asym_Standard !v_sf_face_skin_head_02 Lips 0000007f 00000000</part> from another character that did import correctly.

Shirt? <part>Student_Long Student_01a Student_01b 00000000 00000000</part>
Replaced with <part>none none none 00000000 00000000</part> and corrected in Icon manually

Skirt: <part>Miniskirt_01 Plain Plain_01b 000000aa 000000aa</part>
Replaced with <part>none none none 00000000 00000000</part> and corrected in Icon manually

Maybe there's a difference between shutdown and what's in Icon now?

I hope this helps.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 06:29:05 PM »
Thanks for caring about fixing this problem.

Sub Zippo

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »
Looks like I'm not the only one having problems.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  I go to my command prompt, I'm in the folder with my files, and it tells me "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Or should I just wait for a revision?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »
Java is something you'll need to install from a third-party vendor. However, the follow-up I'm working on will be accessed on the Titan Network site through a web browser, so ease-of-use will be improved in that regard.

Sub Zippo

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Right but i followed https://www.oracle.com/link and the link to the up to date version and installed it but still get the error.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »
The console environment won't be able to use the java command without Java's bin directory being referenced in the path environment variable. Exactly how to get that set up depends on where Java was installed and what OS you're running.

Sub Zippo

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
So I need to do this out of the folder I installed Java in?

Ok cool!  I finally got it to work, though only half of my costumes loaded... Still, that's something.

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
The console environment won't be able to use the java command without Java's bin directory being referenced in the path environment variable. Exactly how to get that set up depends on where Java was installed and what OS you're running.

While I look forward to the web interface, I'd like to say thanks, because the console one was just able to successfully process my sentinal files for myself, my wife, and my son.  :)  I knew hoarding all my old CoH stuff would be worthwhile someday.  :)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 05:37:19 AM »
The "java is not recognized..." issue I was able to solve with stuff from here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15796855/java-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command

It's not super user-friendly, and I'm looking forward to the browser based one! ;D

Although given that most browser don't support java these days due to security issues, I wonder what form it will take.

rsreston

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
Just adding my voice - I'd love to be able to revive a few costumes from City of Heroes Volume 1 ;D
Onde of the XML's is corrupted, and only shows one costume out of 4 from a beloved character - and not the best costume...

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »
An update for those of you who are waiting patiently...

The new costume processor has entered the testing and refinement stage, and its performance is quite satisfactory. It's not ready for prime time yet, but the lion's share of the work has been completed, costumes are being converted, and it won't be long now.

The big problem with the old software is that it abandoned ship if it couldn't find an exact match for every costume element on a character. The reason that's a problem is because the game actually allowed older costumes to exist that use costume elements that aren't available anymore. For the most part, those costume options were updated with enhanced versions, but if one exists and one tiny little thing was off, the old Senticon would just refuse to produce any output.

The new software will always produce a .costume file, even if it can't find an exact match (it will do its best to find the closest match in the event an exact mach isn't available). At worst, this means those one or two legacy elements will prevent the .costume from loading in-game until you click Attempt Costume Fix, at which point you can go in and replace them with something similar.

Some R&D is underway that will enable the processor to automatically migrate costume parts to newer versions where available. This includes things like Armor Plate, Metallic and Tech Sleek (which were updated to incorporate environment reflections in Issue 17), legacy face textures that were upgraded to more detailed versions at some point, and chest detail emblem geometries that got renamed as new jackets and robes came along... just to name a few.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »
An update for those of you who are waiting patiently...

The new costume processor has entered the testing and refinement stage, and its performance is quite satisfactory. It's not ready for prime time yet, but the lion's share of the work has been completed, costumes are being converted, and it won't be long now.

Thank you so much for doing this. I used the old java based one to extract my costumes and ran into a few problems but was able to get most of them. I can't wait to be able to get the rest,.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 01:40:54 AM »
A release candidate is currently in testing. As soon as we're reasonably certain it won't explode in anyone's face, it will be available for public use.