Author Topic: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist  (Read 219360 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2016, 04:06:34 PM »
Also, current status: Working on a metric crapton of backend framework necessary to make something work that will cause a lot of people to flip out. Before you get too excited, it's something that's already on the roadmap. But it's close to being functional enough for initial testing.
/e tantrum
/e crosses fingers hoping for teleport.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

LordRayken

• Underling
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:48 AM »
Also, current status: Working on a metric crapton of backend framework necessary to make something work that will cause a lot of people to flip out. Before you get too excited, it's something that's already on the roadmap. But it's close to being functional enough for initial testing.

I just want to play CoH again  :'(

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:42 AM »
Powers, Slotting, and enhancements just as a thing you could do. A levelup system so you can be "Lv 50" and people can see you as "Lv 50".
Targeting VIA friendlist would be amazing, but I understand that's handled by the combat engine that we don't have, so.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2016, 04:47:47 AM »
Targeting via friends list should work, I thought, but just like on live only works if they happen to be close enough to you to be in draw distance.

Targeting via team window is supposed to work regardless (team member positions are sent no matter the distance). Team support is a high priority item on my agenda that will probably be in the next release or two.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »
Just thought of something...
whenever we've right clicked a contact, NPC , or dayjob, whatever character,
we could choose" follow or Chat."

I guess I miss the little story arcs they would tell, about their plight or a favour asked,
usually a mission to do for them..
That would be neat to see again. :roll:

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »
I have been playing with 'tumble weed' in First Ward.... Interesting you can kick them around.
 :D
I was thinking, if they could somehow be adjusted so the 'down counter' (they disappear) isn't so short,
players might be able to 'kick' them around and play soccer? It would be something to do in chat

Just an idea to give some life to paragon chat

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00:53 AM »
I have been playing with 'tumble weed' in First Ward.... Interesting you can kick them around.
I was thinking, if they could somehow be adjusted so the 'down counter' (they disappear) isn't so short,
players might be able to 'kick' them around and play soccer? It would be something to do in chat

i was under the impression that debris and objects like the tumbleweeds were specific to each client in much the same way as the objects summoned by Propel. You can kick that tumbleweed all over the place, but no other players will see the same tumbleweed in the same place since that's handled entirely within each player's client and is not tracked server side.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2016, 07:53:43 PM »
i was under the impression that debris and objects like the tumbleweeds were specific to each client in much the same way as the objects summoned by Propel. You can kick that tumbleweed all over the place, but no other players will see the same tumbleweed in the same place since that's handled entirely within each player's client and is not tracked server side.

That would explain why, when teamed with grav 'trollers, my exclamation of "Hey, that's MY car!" got so little response. :/ The prop department was at fault! (throws hands into the air in exasperation) I've had it! I simply CANNOT work under these conditions! I'll be in my dressing room!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
It's not a dressing room.  It's a crate.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2016, 12:45:59 PM »
I was thinking, if they could somehow be adjusted so the (they disappear) isn't so short,
players might be able to 'kick' them around and play soccer? It would be something to do in chat.

I wonder if a bot-character could be created that would act like a tumbleweed/soccer ball/etc?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2016, 03:00:34 AM »
As high as playing repel ball is on my personal list of demandswishes, sadly 1 second latency due to XMPP batching is just way too much to credibly do something like that.

Even if that weren't an issue, trying to do multi-master synchronization of physics is a very difficult problem that there isn't a true solution for.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »

(hoping against rational hope that it's base-editing WAY ahead of schedule)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2016, 11:13:59 AM »

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2016, 11:28:09 PM »
As high as playing repel ball is on my personal list of demandswishes, sadly 1 second latency due to XMPP batching is just way too much to credibly do something like that.

Even if that weren't an issue, trying to do multi-master synchronization of physics is a very difficult problem that there isn't a true solution for.
During the first winter event there were a bunch of players holding games of Hydra hockey on the frozen lake in Perez Park. It was probably the most fun i ever had using Force Bolt. (Well, more like third most.) But yeah, i can understand why Repel Ball is not something that's currently practical.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2016, 05:27:27 AM »

Reminds me of Base Football. Awhile back when base PvP was enabled we used to play football in bases. The way it works was a team 8 people in the same SG all Grav/ trollers with repel and the enemy that enters the base would be a mastermind with a minion set to non hostile. The object of the game was 4v4 where you used repel to knock the minion into the other person's goal.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2016, 05:00:37 AM »
Last year we had random snow in various zones for December, which was awesome!  Thanks, Codewalker and crew. 

Is there any possibility that at some point in December this year we might get lit Christmas Trees (like the ones around the ski chalet) in Atlas Park? 

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2016, 05:42:57 AM »
Last year we had random snow in various zones for December, which was awesome!  Thanks, Codewalker and crew. 

Is there any possibility that at some point in December this year we might get lit Christmas Trees (like the ones around the ski chalet) in Atlas Park?

And how about giant christmas presents, either non-clickable or when you click them they reponse kind of like the doors do.

"This package isn't for you."
"Hey, not until Christmas."
"Snowman local 315 on strike"
"Did you see your name on this, go buzz off."
"You peek inside, it's socks and underwear.  You re-wrap the present."
"This package brought to you by NCSoft.  Have a whole lot of nothing."  (ok, maybe not this one.)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
Is the Jingle Jet data on our PC's, or was it a server-side bit of code? 

Just wondering if there's a way to either add it back for the holidays, or 'skin' a rocket-pack to look like a Jingle Jet and (heck, while we're at it, let's ask for the moon!) shoot snowflakes out the back, and have that little Jingle Jet music?  Aw, that sweet, sweet Jingle Jet.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
Is the Jingle Jet data on our PC's, or was it a server-side bit of code? 

Just wondering if there's a way to either add it back for the holidays, or 'skin' a rocket-pack to look like a Jingle Jet and (heck, while we're at it, let's ask for the moon!) shoot snowflakes out the back, and have that little Jingle Jet music?  Aw, that sweet, sweet Jingle Jet.
The Jingle jet was an FX with the music and flakes built-in. You can edit the database to give yourself one but you'll be invisible.
In sqlite on my character 1 costume 9 it was:
Code: [Select]
"1" "9" "11" "NULL" "NULL" "V_COV/ITEMS/HOLIDAY_ROCKETPACK/TEMP_POWER_HOLIDAY_ROCKETPACK.FX" "NULL" "NULL" "None" "Capes" "Back Packs" "-21504" "-1" "0" "0"

The color "-21504" was the closest I could get to the actual original blue jet flame.
It's possible to give yourself a jingle jet back pack thats always there and doesn't make you invis, but it's just another backpack costume piece, which is to say it is without sound or flakes, just the backpack geometry. I found it a long time ago but I'd need to dig through a lot of files to find it again.

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #339 on: January 01, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
And then CodeWalker went and just gave us all the Jingle Jets for CoHmas !!  Huzzah!