Author Topic: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist  (Read 91968 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat Development Roadmap and Wishlist
« Reply #380 on: August 03, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Updated road map noted. ;)

Target Milestone: 1.2
Estimated Completion: A while

Private instance support using arbitrary maps

GM abilities in private instances

Costume change emotes

NPC spawning in private instances

Supergroups

More base love!

I have been base building, having fun with that...and encouraged others to do so...even given them help on how to do various aspects of it.  I've gone for the sewers look on private and oriental look on global...  Furnished with World Globe and Book Cases...and a Cosmic Cube.

While enjoying the 'now' I am, and have been, really looking forward to the 1.2 update.  It has intriguing features on it.  Such as...

Private instance support for arbitrary maps...  I can't escape the feeling that the work done on the 'back end' system for Bases/Building/Editing will be inextricably linked to this feature...  GM 'abilities' in said 'private instances' sounds intriguing.  What could that mean? :D

The NPC spawning in private instances also something I've been really looking forward to, along with the 1.2 update.  (Be nice to have some 'NPCs' in your private SG Base too...?  As a further feature request...)

'More base love!' is welcome.  It falls into that all important category, giving people something 'to do.'

It will be nice to have the supergroup 'Blue Text Club' feature but will be busy base building in the mean time...  (You can have your team mate look around your base any how...as 'good as...')

Azrael.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:16:46 PM by Azrael »

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #381 on: August 03, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »
Target Milestone: 1.3
Estimated Completion: Longer than a while

???
To be determined.

Such a tease. :D

Azrael.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #382 on: August 03, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
Not really teasing on purpose, all the stuff I had on the roadmap for 1.3 ended up getting shuffled around and moved to other milestones. So that left me with an empty milestone that I now have to figure out what's going to go there.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #383 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
Re: Global message of the day...

Are they going to be plucked from a book of Confucius sayings...?

One idea I had for that was a bit line the community involved in rewriting the plaques.

Could tender the GMOTD from a bank of messages from the PC community randomly selected each day.

Just a thought.

Azrael.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
  • You're not seeing double, I'm not wearing pants.
    • City of Warcraft or whatever it was called
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2018, 04:10:45 AM »
Not really teasing on purpose, all the stuff I had on the roadmap for 1.3 ended up getting shuffled around and moved to other milestones. So that left me with an empty milestone that I now have to figure out what's going to go there.

How about bringing back that blimp that flew over AP?

I don't know when City of Heroes will return, or do I?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2018, 11:11:31 PM »
Aye.  The Blimp.

One of the last sounds I remember hearing before the servers closed.

I was sitting on top of the Atlas globe, having a cup of tea...as it rumbled by...

Azrael.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #386 on: August 30, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
One thing I'd like to see is a way for servers to customize their environment.

Specifically, I'd like for Paragon Chat to treat all of the .cfg files as being "per-server" instances, such that when it connects to a server it queries that server for any special .cfg files that go with that server and it automatically downloads them into an appropriate folder and prefers those .cfgs while connected to that server.

If I'm running my own server and someone joins up, they'd download my strings.cfg and when they joined Atlas Park, they'd be greeted by Liberty Belle instead of Ms. Liberty. The Top Dog badge on my server would be named 'On Top of the World!'.

I'm assuming this could be accomplished through a pub-sub node.

Streetwise Hercules

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
« Reply #387 on: October 02, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »
Gosh, I hope this is the right thread... It'd be awesome of Team Captains could set an in-zone Waypoint for the entire team! Love the continuing awesomeness! Thank-you all!