Author Topic: XMPP was unable to connect!  (Read 17365 times)

Korbian

Re: XMPP was unable to connect!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
Are you trying to get into Paragon Chat specifically?  Or are you trying to access one of the live servers? 

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 01:47:03 AM »
Are you trying to get into Paragon Chat specifically?  Or are you trying to access one of the live servers?

Seems he's trying for the latter.

Right up to this point works Ok -THEN the Rooms List option is greyed out.  Deep Sigh!  Please someone have pity on this unworthy gamer and show me the way to enlightenment... or at least how to get in to CoH.  :)

Paragon Chat isn't the game.  Using Pidgin with your Titan Account won't get you connected to a game server at all.  Read this, particularly the last paragraph, to get help with Homecoming.  (Your Titan Network account does not connect to any game server, you'd need to make a game account separately.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

JamesMcdonald

• Underling
    • Nova ChatGPT APK Premium
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2023, 10:21:02 PM »
OK, I've gone through the forums as best I can.  I've followed the procedures.

I already had COH Issue 24 loaded on C:\CoH Issue24 Beta\CoHBeta. 
I loaded Tequila.  Files verified. Had no verification errors. 
I verified that Paragon Chat exe is in the C:\CoH Issue24 Beta\CoHBeta (same folder as the cityofheroes.exe).
I have my Titan Network account (for awhile).  I've verified that the username listed is the one to be used in Paragon Chat login. The Titan website identified that I have access to Paragon Chat in the list of all the Titan Network programs.
I log into Paragon Chat and get:

XMPP was unable to connect!
Make sure that your XMPP login info is correct.

What am I missing, oh awesomesauces of the COHverse??  I yearn to walk amongst you, yet I have been at wits end for days in resolving this (plus some VERY long workdays and weekends of late).

I have never asked for help, being proud to find the answers myself, but I'm stuck and dying on the other side of the screen to be back home with all of you!

HELP PLEASE!

Yours,
Don "Major Deej" Finger
If you are still having trouble, try the following:

Restart your computer and then try logging into Paragon Chat again.

Ensure that your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking Paragon Chat. You may need to add Paragon Chat to the list of allowed programs in your firewall or antivirus software.

Try logging in with a different XMPP client to see if the issue is with Paragon Chat or with your XMPP login information.

Check the Titan Network forums for any known issues or solutions related to XMPP connection problems.