Titan Network > Feedback

Account Cleanup

(1/3) > >>

Sekoia:
Since the announcements forum is read-only, here's a place to discuss the announcement I made about Account Cleanup. Post any questions or concerns below and I'll try to address them!

Floride:

--- Quote from: Sekoia on July 14, 2015, 09:19:09 PM ---When we clear insecure passwords, we'll also be taking the opportunity to delete unused accounts. An unused account is one that meets all of the following criteria:
--- End quote ---
First question: Doesn't the release of Paragon Chat kinda warrant a temporary cease and desist (yeah, i went there :) ) on deleting accounts? There are probably a good number of folks who haven't logged in since the week of the sunset who may want in on Paragon Chat when they  finally get word of it's existence. I'll admit I can't even speculate on what percentage of them won't remember their login/password and will just make a new account anyway, but others have Faces accounts and will probably want to update them and join in the fun here again now that they have a reason.

Second question: if an account gets deleted can the person make a new account re-using the deleted login/profile name?

I'm not asking for myself, but for former players I'm trying to contact who I know aren't active here anymore.  And I'm asking on behalf of all the people who were thinking the same thing when they read that post.

Sekoia:

--- Quote from: Floride on July 14, 2015, 11:21:14 PM ---First question: Doesn't the release of Paragon Chat kinda warrant a temporary cease and desist (yeah, i went there :) ) on deleting accounts?

--- End quote ---

The deletion will happen January 1. That's five and a half months away. Hopefully by then, everyone will have heard about Paragon Chat. :)

--- Quote from: Floride on July 14, 2015, 11:21:14 PM ---but others have Faces accounts and will probably want to update them and join in the fun here again now that they have a reason.

--- End quote ---

If they actually used their Faces account such that it has some sort of info on it and isn't just a blank default profile, they won't get deleted.

Again, we're only deleting accounts that are completely and totally unused.

--- Quote from: Floride on July 14, 2015, 11:21:14 PM ---Second question: if an account gets deleted can the person make a new account re-using the deleted login/profile name?

--- End quote ---

Yep, unless someone else nabs their username before they register again. And provided they are able to register under the same name, they'll effectively have recovered their previous account because we're only deleting accounts that are completely and totally unused. (In other words, there's nothing to recover. The only thing they're potentially losing in their username, because they don't have anything else on their account.)

Thanks for the questions. :)

FourSpeed:
Hi Sekoia,

I'm able to login to the forums (to post this note, for instance), but the same login credentials aren't working on your login page.

Any assistance you could lend would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sekoia:
Hi FourSpeed -- Let me know if the solution you saw in the other thread doesn't work for you. Your account does look valid and has the same email address as your forum account, so a password reset should hopefully fix it up for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version