Author Topic: Broken screen resolution for Icon (and Paragon Chat)  (Read 3037 times)

Sehtger

• Underling
Broken screen resolution for Icon (and Paragon Chat)
« on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:15 PM »
I recently re-downloaded the i24 beta to try out Paragon Chat. It all worked out, but the first thing I did was change the resolution to my monitor's native resolution, 1920x1080. However, when I did, the login screen of CoH turned all wonky and a black bar is to the left, the image pushed far to the right. Now I can't click the settings button, as it is off-screen. I can't login either, as I need to accept the Paragon Chat user agreement, and that button is off-screen as well.
I tried going to the cityofheroes file and checking the "Run in 640x480 resolution", but it changed nothing. I even deleted all files and did a fresh re-download of i24 Beta, but the broken resolution remains. Honestly, I'm out of ideas on how to solve this, would love some help.
Thanks in advance.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Broken screen resolution for Icon (and Paragon Chat)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:32:22 PM »
Pressing ALT+Enter to switch to windowed mode is probably the easiest fix. You can then resize the window if needed and go into your graphics settings to change the fullscreen resolution (or just run in windowed mode).

Otherwise it's regedit time.

Sehtger

• Underling
Re: Broken screen resolution for Icon (and Paragon Chat)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:17 PM »
Thanks! Never knew about that. It fixed it, but it seems I'm doomed to play in windowed mode forever :c