Author Topic: Cool NPC costume pieces  (Read 5177 times)

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
Cool NPC costume pieces
« on: July 18, 2015, 03:14:26 AM »
Hi. I may embark on getting some NPC pieces. This is just a subjective question, a poll, but do you guys have any recent or past most-favorite NPC-specific costume pieces that you're excited to be able to RP with/wear? 

On a related question, does anyone recall if there were any female hairstyles that were NPC-unique?

-Tipsy

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Cool NPC costume pieces
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:43:27 AM »
Mother Mayhem's hair is unique. Mirror Spirit's. Ghost Widow. Lilitu. Vanessa DeVore (non-Praetorian, from the Harvey Maylor Carnie arc). Penelope Yin? Or is hers just the "Pocket D dance pack" hair? I don't think we have the "bun baggie" that The Lady Grey has? Sorceress Serene's is unique, I think? Maybe?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 11:01:10 PM »
Penelope's hair is only slightly different than the pocketd club set. There's a bunch of carnie hairstyles out there but I've yet to discover how use them even in icon.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:23:21 AM »
Are they from new carnies or old carnies? Because it was only in the last few issues or so that Paragon started using the costume creator to put NPC's together.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 02:36:01 AM »
the carnival of shadows (old carnies)

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:45 AM »
I found this skirt while costuming with Icon, it's floor length, and I would love to be able to use this in PC.

Called "Talons_Banshee"

CostumePart ""
{
   Geometry V_Hips_Talons.GEO/GEO_Hips_Ragged_Talons
   Texture1 !Skirt_V_Talons_02
   Texture2 !Skirt_V_Talons_02_Mask
   DisplayName P3930658043
   RegionName "Lower Body"
   BodySetName NewSkirts
   Color1  0,  0,  0
   Color2  0,  0,  0
   Color3  0,  0,  0
   Color4  0,  0,  0
}

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:30:28 AM »
I found this skirt while costuming with Icon, it's floor length, and I would love to be able to use this in PC.
Called "Talons_Banshee"

Can you post a screen shot or something so I know what this looks like?

-Tipsy

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
Can you post a screen shot or something so I know what this looks like?

-Tipsy

You bet. :-)

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
I like it!  Now to figure out how/where to edit the db.  I'm still new at that.  So far, my attempts haven't been the best.

BluArcher

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:20 PM »
does anyone know what the names for the alt. kheldian forms are my peacebringer only feels like a forth of the man he used it be lol

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:01 AM »
I like it!  Now to figure out how/where to edit the db.  I'm still new at that.  So far, my attempts haven't been the best.

Well you are head a shoulders beyond me, but let me know if you need any data I can try and find to help. I haven't tried looking at the db yet but I might venture to do so.

Thanks. :)

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »
So, for anyone in the future that stumbles on this thread and is looking to know how to get those special NPC pieces, I finally figured it out.

Most of the NPC costume pieces that can be used on a character can be found by using "NPC Mode" in Icon.  So, load up Icon with the dash-N switch (Icon.exe -n) and then find a costume you like.  Once you've loaded the game with the costume you want, type this: /access_level 9 and then /costumesave filename

That will throw a file into your /data/ folder where you saved CoH.  Open this up in a text editor (like Notepad) and make sure 'wordwrap' is off.  Each costume piece is referred to by a # in the beginning.  That number is the costume piece # that you'll match to when you make the edit.

Next, boot up a DB Edit program.  SQLite is easy and free.   Find your %APPDATA% folder with Paragon Chat.  Find the database file (.db) and Back it up!  Then, in SQLite open this up.  Go to the Brose Data  tab, select the costumepiece dropdown. 

In here, you'll see a bunch of rows.   Character # is the main list, followed by Costume # (#0 is actually the first slot in your costume slots, not #1!), and Costume Part is where you match up to the file you opened earlier.  You can find a slightly better guide on this here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11165.0.html

If I'd known this, I would've already known what hairstyles and 'cool pieces' were available, just by skimming the character creator in NPC mode.  I especially like the Talon extra long skirt above, I've put this on my main, since this piece was like, made for her.

I guess a good follow-up question, for those that might know... what costume pieces are available that AREN'T in the tailor under NPC mode?

-Tipsy

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »
BTW, I'm so sad that Bella's awesome hair is weirdly 'black' on the inside-facing side and the color seems to be unalterable.  I would've used the heck out of that piece if I could color it.  Anyone know how to fix that?

-Tipsy

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
BTW, I'm so sad that Bella's awesome hair is weirdly 'black' on the inside-facing side and the color seems to be unalterable.  I would've used the heck out of that piece if I could color it.  Anyone know how to fix that?

-Tipsy

It's likely that you cannot "fix" it. A lot of NPC pieces had baked-in texture, scale, and/or color because they weren't intended for player use. Heck, before around I-16 or so, I think, nany NPC's were full discrete models and didn't use costume bits at all.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 12:01:09 AM »
Has anyone tried to take the "texture 2" data from one same-type (e.g. Gloves) of NPC costume piece and then stick that into another piece?  Does that ever work for weird results?

-Tipsy

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »
Has anyone tried to take the "texture 2" data from one same-type (e.g. Gloves) of NPC costume piece and then stick that into another piece?  Does that ever work for weird results?

-Tipsy
I tried that with a player glove once, and it came out untextured. I guess the mapping was wrong.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
It's possible to use patterns (and  guess textures) from different body types on each other that way, though. I've tried to replicate a concept sketch of Ghost Widow and successfully used a pants pattern exclusive to male body type.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.