Author Topic: The City of Comic Creators Need Your Help!  (Read 7121 times)

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
The City of Comic Creators Need Your Help!
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »
Hey everyone!  I know it's been a while since I've been here, but I've been pretty busy on certain projects (not to mention spending 8 hours a day, 6 days a week on my feet doing real-world stuff to pay bills).

While "The City" was gone from us, the City of Comic Creators continued doing stories.  Some of us moved to other "cities" to tell stories, some told stories in 3D renderings, and some managed to keep the spirit of "The City" going thanks to a combination of Titan Icon and demorecording.  (I started with the former and was fortunate to have help getting started with the latter.)

Anyway, one of the projects that Sin Stalker and myself have been doing is issue #2 of "The City's Finest".  It's been several years since the first team-up issue featuring Sin Stalker and the Spectacular Sparky, so it's something of an honor to be able to work with Sin to come up with issue #2, especially since it features the trio of heroes that I started my own comic series with, and it ties in with the events in "The Justice-Knights". 

So we're almost ready to release the issue, but we need your help in picking out one of the most important elements in the comic... the cover.

Sin came up with two covers featuring the "Guardian Exiles" as they were in the issue and also as they currently appear in my comic series "Furia and the Guardians".  Sin likes one cover, while I like the other.

Here are the two covers:

What we need you to do is vote on which cover you prefer over at the Battlerock Comics website.

Here's the link:
https://battlerockcomics.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/the-citys-finest-needs-your-help/

The poll will close at 11:59pm EDT on July 27th, and we're looking at the release on July 31st.  So please vote soon.

And be sure to check out all of the other comics the CCC has (including the original City of Heroes series) at the official website: http://mmocomicindex.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:36:24 PM by BattlerockX »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: The City of Comic Creators Need Your Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »
What if we like the dark background of 2 but the less-faded middle & no Vanguard symbol of 1? :p So basically, 1 with the gray interior instead of that horrendous pink?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 02:18:12 AM »
I like the darker one but feel the purple letters should be white like the first one.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:45:41 AM »
How about a nice picture of cheese instead?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:36 AM »
I definitely like the second one better. the transparency and the backdrop both make it visually more interesting.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
If my understanding is correct, and the front figures represent the team as the look now, with the rear figures representing past costumes, then the second is the obvious choice: the sharper, clearer picture of the present in the foreground, and the past fading into memory.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 01:19:09 AM »
If my understanding is correct, and the front figures represent the team as the look now, with the rear figures representing past costumes, then the second is the obvious choice: the sharper, clearer picture of the present in the foreground, and the past fading into memory.

Actually it's the reverse.  The figures in the front are as they appear in the issue, which is set in the past.  The ones in the rear are as they are today.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 05:23:27 AM »

Yes, as Battlerock is saying, this issue is a sort of prequel.

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
Just wanted to take this time to thank everyone that took part in the poll.

To find out which cover is the ultimate winner, be sure to check out the City of Comic Creators websites later this week when "The City's Finest" #2 featuring the Guardian Exiles goes online.

MMO Comic Index (the NEW home of the CCC): http://mmocomicindex.com

Battlerock Comics (home of the Guardian Exiles): http://battlerockcomics.wordpress.com

JK Comics (home of the City's Finest): http://jkcomics.com

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »
Just wanted to put in a quick update.... "The City's Finest" #2 release is being pushed back a few days while we make some last-minute additions.

Soon as it's up, I'll post the announcement in the forum.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »
They needed more time to work cheese into the storyline.

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »
 I saw this comic alongside the Justice Knights...great to see such creativity...I would be interested in doing you tube videos and comics.
 I definitely love the 2nd picture best...the one on the right...the one without the purple background. I agree with WolfSoul.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:59:07 PM by FeliciaDivine »