Author Topic: Ascendant Tribute in Steel Canyon  (Read 2877 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Ascendant Tribute in Steel Canyon
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:03:26 PM »
Today was the first time I'd logged in to Paragon Chat (a big believer in not getting myself frustrated day one with bugs - I'll wait a week or two for things to settle on a new application).

And after the nice folks pointed out the mapmove menus and I was popping around. I visited Steel Canyon. And...

I'd been excited to try out PC. But I knew the limitations etc. But still great to talk to folks and check out the maps etc. But I hadn't actually really FELT like I felt about the old world. The sentiment and the affection for it that I felt right up to the shutdown. I think I was holding back.

Until I saw this -

I'll say it again - you wonderful people - you utterly magnificent bastards. You actually got me right in the feels with a critical Onion Ninja attack.

That is quite simply the best possible tribute. The best.

Miss Abyss

• Underling
Re: Ascendant Tribute in Steel Canyon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »
I miss Ascendant. He was a great guy.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
Not everyone thinks Ascendant was so great!

That's my self made "Descendant" not officially affiliated with Ascendant. I just thought it'd be funny to have a color swap nega-bizarro version of the Big Guy.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »
He and I were in pretty close contact when my mom died, and he was always ready to give me a virtual shoulder to cry on. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido