Author Topic: List of NPC Costume Pieces and Database key  (Read 33455 times)

Jerricha

• Underling
  • In the future, all phones will be invisible
Re: List of NPC Costume Pieces and Database key
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 04:16:05 AM »
Alright, here it is.  Hopefully I didn't accidentally add any personal costumes.  There are just a few things I should note:
1. I'm pretty sure at least a couple of these costumes are just ones I dug up in the piggs before they were fully revealed.
2. Each costume corresponds to a given body type.  In addition to the three accessible to players, there's beast-like type (which might be possible to switch to by editing the right database field).  There's also at least one I haven't been able to implement in the costume files, as evidence by the rikti. 
3. Each costume is built around a hastily made template.  This makes placing parts easier and allows me to view them on a "mannequin".  As such, ignore any fluff that doesn't correspond to the costume in question.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byc6jeoOv-SyY3BrZ0ZsYXVuckk&usp=sharing

Amazing!

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 01:44:06 PM »
Some truly smart people here! Most of my luck so far as been from guessing. Because just simply typing in the geometry for each part wasn't working but you appear to have found the exact wording such as the mu mystic pants v_arachnos_mumystics_pants.geo/geo_hips_MuMystic_robe. I couldn't determine where the information was and would simply try variations of V_mysticpants.geo (as an example) until something worked.

PownUnoobs

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
I can't remember what they were now, but back in the day i found two pigg files that list out geoms and their corresponding textures for various npcs.  That's all there is to it.

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
Some truly smart people here! Most of my luck so far as been from guessing. Because just simply typing in the geometry for each part wasn't working but you appear to have found the exact wording such as the mu mystic pants v_arachnos_mumystics_pants.geo/geo_hips_MuMystic_robe. I couldn't determine where the information was and would simply try variations of V_mysticpants.geo (as an example) until something worked.

Oh no, this is honestly a lot of work identifying these things and publishing them out there! Thank you.

BTW, this stuff is all inside of the piggs. I wish codewalker would release his tool that decompresses piggs, it'd be way easier to figure these things out. Currently I use Piggsviewer, which is kind of an old tool for that.

PownUnoobs

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
Oh no, this is honestly a lot of work identifying these things and publishing them out there! Thank you.

BTW, this stuff is all inside of the piggs. I wish codewalker would release his tool that decompresses piggs, it'd be way easier to figure these things out. Currently I use Piggsviewer, which is kind of an old tool for that.
You're quite welcome.  Originally I built the library for building custom characters and getting a peek at new costume sets early.  Given how much time went into it, I'm just glad to see it getting some more use.

As for going through the piggs, I've found the easiest way is to find a pigg with something you want, extract it as a text file, and then go through it with a text editor. 

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 07:12:13 PM »
I thought I had posted my pigg tools before, I'll see if I can dig up a link.

Fair warning, they're all command line based so they are not everyone's cup of tea.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:07 AM »
Thanks to pownunoobs google file and further exploration of pigg files I found some examples and the breadcrumbs I needed to find the correct geometry needed to produce the costume parts. I'll start by adding more to the carnival of shadows (and light) costume list located in my second post on the first page of this thread.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:36 AM »
Okay... Added what I think is all of the carnival of shadows pieces including the strongman.  I however cannot find the 1st version of Vanessa Devores mask... only the new one she was given during praetoria and her city of villains remake. I'll search again this weekend.

Compare: Original left  remake and praetorian carnival of light right

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »
Is there any chance you could find the rest of the Lord Recluse costume? ie Crab Backpack, Head, etc.

Thanks ahead of time and I apologize for being a pain

Thanks to "pownunoobs" we have the full lord recluse costume available but it may not work in paragonchat. The reason being is that it requires a "costumeprefix" entry normally located at the top of a costume file. Looking at the costume area in the database does not reveal a location to type this. so it will work in icon but not in paragon chat. It seems this is normally where gender is defined in a costume. So let me do some searching...

Here's what it looks like in a standard costume file highlighted in bold.
{
CostumeFilePrefix v_signature_lord_recluse.geo
scale -1.763
HeadScales  0,  0,  0
BrowScales  0,  0,  0
CheekScales  0,  0,  0
ChinScales  0,  0,  0
CraniumScales  0,  0,  0
JawScales  0,  0,  0
NoseScales  0,  0,  0
SkinColor  180,  111,  93
NumParts 27
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:31:08 PM by Noyjitat »

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 05:08:40 AM »
Added Reichsman and nauch_force / fog soldier.

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »
Any idea what kind of data type this is? It looks like some kind of a C++ struct or something they made for City of Heroes characters, but lacking the semicolon. I notice there's nesting going on too. Each costumepart is a nested struct.

I'm asking because I want Jerrichas to be able to parse this data (and these files) directly... of course, if I can pull this off in Python =)

https://github.com/Jerricha/jerrichas/issues/3

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
Any idea what kind of data type this is? It looks like some kind of a C++ struct or something they made for City of Heroes characters, but lacking the semicolon. I notice there's nesting going on too. Each costumepart is a nested struct.

I'm asking because I want Jerrichas to be able to parse this data (and these files) directly... of course, if I can pull this off in Python =)

https://github.com/Jerricha/jerrichas/issues/3

Costume files are just a hierarchical text format that COH outputs with the costume data.  As far as I know, they are no more C++ structs than INI files are.

Arcana posted a basic python costume loader you could use as a starting point, though you'll probably want to add some sanity and error checking and deal properly with things like quotes, different numbers of blanks between fields, different indentation, and keys that aren't directly supported in the database (like CostumeFilePrefix.  Sometimes it contains "male", "female", or "huge" instead of a BodyType key with 0, 1, or 4, so it'd need to be translated.  But then sometimes it contains something like that entry for Lord Recluse that Noyjitat posted.  I'm not real clear on how it is actually meant to be used, to be honest)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:51:34 PM by Dyne »
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
Numina / original Diabolique

This set contains atleast 2 unique parts - the belt and chest that make up the robe she's wearing and possibly her head/face - I am unsure whether her head/face is unique or not...

pants
(Just standard tights really)

Geometry Tight
        Texture1 Tights
        Texture2 none

Chest - upper part of numinas robe

Geometry Tight
        Texture1 Skin_Numina_01a
        Texture2 Skin_Numina_01b

Numina's head and face

Geometry standard
        Texture1 skin_head_06
        Texture2 makeup_4

Gloves
(nothing special about this piece its normally available)

Geometry Smooth
        Texture1 Skin_Hooked_01a
        Texture2 Skin_Hooked_01b

boots
(i think these are exactly the same as stilettos)

Geometry Hi_Heels
        Texture1 smooth_01
        Texture2 none

Belt - lower part of numinas robe

Geometry Numina
        Texture1 Numina
        Texture2 none

Numinas hair
 (I think its normally called "Glam")
Geometry Long_05
        Texture1 Long_01a
        Texture2 Long_01b

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 04:17:23 AM »
Tried to load one of my old chars from way back...
Installed, tried to use jerrichas, it finds my other costumes, but
just doesn't recognize this one.....wonder if it's an NPC part?

[/URL]

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
Those are standard pieces. The costume is probably from before they did the last rearrange. Just relocate them after the game resets them, then re-save the costume.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 01:06:51 AM »
Followed your suggestion.
Goodness...I let game attempt 'fix' then scrolled thru parts, and there they were as you said...
Restored costume to the way it was.

wonder why it couldn't find them...maybe they have different names, who knows.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
wonder why it couldn't find them...maybe they have different names, who knows.
Yes. There has been several times when the devs added or removed or renamed stuff. When that happens, the game can't find it where it's looking and throws up.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 05:30:18 AM »
looked at the NPC files in provided link here,but  couldn't find Ms Liberty.
maybe I missed it?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »
maybe I missed it?

I thought something about her was in the forums, but a light search didn't turn anything up. I seem to recall that the only part she had that was unique was her belt?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 06:14:34 PM »
maybe I missed it?

Here's Ms Liberty's belt and sword,  shoulder and arm bracelet which appear to be the only unique parts. I've also included Praetor Duncan (Dominatrix)

Ms Liberty

Ms Liberty's Belt and sword
(fixed color Gold)
Geometry fem_BELT.geo/GEO_BELT_Miss_Liberty_02
        Texture1 !Belt_Miss_Liberty
        Texture2 none

MS Liberty's Shoulder and Arm bracelet
(fixed color Gold)
Geometry MsLiberty
        Texture1 MsLiberty
   Texture2 none

Praetor Duncan (Dominatrix)