Author Topic: Question: Validate and Global ignore  (Read 2430 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Question: Validate and Global ignore
« on: July 25, 2015, 05:18:01 AM »
Couldn't figure out why friend couldn't see me until I noticed this message: " WARNING! The currently selected costume has one or more invalid FX on parts. It will fail to validate, and other players will not be able to see this costume, possibly rendering you invisible to them"
I haven't logged in a few days so this must of been added recently...I'm guessing this was added due to some special people using effects such as terra volta meltdown etc.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't global ignore also solve this problem by making those people invisible? Seems that was more of the less punish all method to deal with offenders without having someone babysit with mod abilities. Perhaps you'll make a change to this later and only block out costumes using the more offending fx files?

Either way I appreciate paragon chat and was just a bit annoyed when I noticed this change.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Question: Validate and Global ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:19:37 AM »
It's not specific items that are triggering that. I can't think of any specific items that have been nixed by the crew (although that doesn't mean there aren't some). Something in your costume hash is wacked and PC is telling you to fix it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Question: Validate and Global ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »
Oh? I did read chat from codewalker the other day ingame about the need to deal with this in the future and assumed it had happened already. Thanks for the quick response! I'll have a looksy.