Author Topic: Quickchat Emote Menu Addon!!!  (Read 61732 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Quickchat Emote Menu Fix!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 09:03:27 PM »
Will chewed bubblegum help?

lexicon

• Minion
    • The Danger Ranger's Database
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »
If it hasn't been asked, this should be made sticky.

That would be wonderful! But alas I do not hold such sway over the powers that be... If this is something that's wanted, you'll need to let Codewalker know personally.
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!
My CoH Faces Profile! // Get your Quickchat FIXED!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 12:52:04 AM »
I followed the quickchat instructions, renamed both files to .bak,
downloaded the emote, quickchat.mnu files, into data, but I have the issue23 under tequila.

new menu is appears in the game, but extra features not working.
even my old emotes don't work...just my bind keys. :o

just lets me go to the typical paragon zones.

I'll re-read, see what I did wrong....but I must have some of it right since I see it
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
nevermind, I had not fully shut down tequila,
restarted and I was able to tour manticore's mansion.

I did have to modify emote.mnu (opened file under Notepad)
Drink Tea, (claymug wasn't working) kept showing standard drink emote.
changed to:   /e Teabag
works fine now :p

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:46:22 AM by MaidMercury »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
I did have to modify emote.mnu (opened file under Notepad)
Drink Tea, (claymug wasn't working) kept showing standard drink emote.
changed to:   /e Teabag
works fine now :p

Hooray, MM! It just wouldn't be right if Venus XL5 could not drink tea.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 06:21:57 AM »
Question for you all:

Has anyone found an emote that will have their character pull out their weapon for just a moment?  (And doesn't do anything else especially weird or noticeable.)

Thank you in advance :)

-Tipsy

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:29 AM »
Yup, we have some weapons coming up once i update the files.
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

syberghost

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:22 PM »
Will chewed bubblegum help?

I'm all out of bubblegum, and I've forgotten what I came for.

syberghost

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
Any chance of recreating the "level up" as an emote? Seems like most of it would be possible.

Technical Mercy

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
As it turns out, it is possible to unlock the emotes for the mac.

First enable hidden files if you have not already done so, because not all of us are good with computers.  :P
Spoiler for Hidden:
   1. Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities

2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

3. Press return

4. Hold the ‘Option/alt’ key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.

Here is the file path to the equivalent to %APPDATA% for a mac. TechnicalMercy is a placeholder for the user name:

/Users/TechnicalMercy/.wine/drive_c/users/TechnicalMercy/Application\ Data/Paragon\ Chat/Config

1.  In Finder, open the folder at /Users/TechnicalMercy/.wine/drive_c/users/TechnicalMercy/Application\ Data/Paragon\ Chat/Config
(The rest of the instructions are the same.)
2.  Rename the current emote.cfg to emote.cfg.bak, as well as the zone.cfg file to zone.cfg.bak. This will keep your original configuration as backup files if needed later.
3.  Next Download this preconfigured emote.cfg file and zone.cfg file into the “config” folder
4.  Now, open the folder you’ve installed CoH to and navigate to \data\texts\English\menus
4b.  If the “data” folder is not present in your CoH directory then you'll need to create it as well as the corresponding folders “texts” then
“English” and finally "menus" (or download this zipfile and unpack it into you’re coh folder, if you pick this step then you can skip step 5)
5.  Download the new quickchat.mnu file and place it inside the folder named “menus”
6.  That’s it… you’re done. Now open the game and have fun!

Thanks to lexicon for the original instructions. ;D

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 02:30:09 AM »
The link for the CoH client is not working.

As for finding CoH files, where did everyone else save there's?

TahquitzII

• Underling
  • Still a Useless Idiot
    • Original Titan Profile (My first account was borked.)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 06:35:28 AM »
Additional info:

The commands in Costume Changes and Custom Emotes will show up as thought bubbles instead of animation when they're selected using the steps given.  This can be changed, but you need to edit the emote file you just copied into Paragon Chat's app data.

IF YOU ARE NOT COMFY EDITING A CONFIGURATION FILE, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS.  The file from the OP instructions maps all the basic emotes with the Super Pack emotes included (Wedding, Super science, Animal, etc.).

1. Press Win+R and type in "%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Config".

2. Right click emote.cfg, and open the file in Notepad.  Past the commented out intro box (each line starts with a #), you'll see there are a number of emotes with comment marks in front of them (#).  If you remove those marks on every line that starts with "Emote", "Bits", or "End", you should be able to use those emotes. 

In the menu bar, Edit, Replace is your friend.  Try changing "# Emote" to "  Emote" (replace # with a single space, or nothing.)  Rinse and repeat with the other two statements.

Heads up: Resist the temptation to just replace "#" with " ", as other comments in the file separating other user's custom emotes are present.  Uncommenting those lines will break the file and Paragon Chat will not run. (A error dialog will mention that emote.cfg is broken and you need to edit or replace the file with the original.)  If this happens, either replace the .cfg file with your original one (After all, you did remember to rename and keep the original files, right?) or edit the file and either put a # in front of a comment that is not a part of the Emote commands (each comment will occupy a single line, where emotes will take up three), or delete the comment lines where you see them.

3. Once finished, save the file.  If you're using Paragon Chat, you need to close out of City of Heroes AND Paragon Chat, since emote.cfg parses when Paragon Chat is opened for the first time.  If you close COH and log back in without closing Paragon Chat, you'll have the same issue since you're still working off of the old .cfg file still in memory.

Log back in and enjoy the full menu. :D
Account inactive: was unable to login from September 2015-January 2016.

TahquitzII

• Underling
  • Still a Useless Idiot
    • Original Titan Profile (My first account was borked.)
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:54 AM »
The link for the CoH client is not working.

As for finding CoH files, where did everyone else save there's?

It's been past a month since you wrote this, but if you can't get I24 files, head here: http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html  Otherwise, not sure what you're asking.  Did you try this fix and it didn't work for you?  Are you running I24 from cityofheroes.exe and not getting in?
Account inactive: was unable to login from September 2015-January 2016.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 05:04:30 AM »
I have followed the steps to get the new Quickchat set up, but none of the new Zones, Custom or Costume Change entries seems to work.  I looked in the folders and made sure the files have the right names and peeked inside and see the new Emotes listed, but they just don't work.   

I copied the zone.cfg and emotes.cfg to \USERS\{myname}\APPDATA\Roaming\ParagonChat\Config folder and
quickchat.mnu to \Program Files (x86)\CohBeta\data\text\English\menus

I edited the emote.cfg and search/replaced '# Emote' to ' Emote', '# Bits' to ' Bits' and '# End' to ' End'  in front of the new emotes, but it seems to do nothing extra.

It comes up in my COH from the emote bubble or by /quickchat and looks normal.  I have seen other people doing CCNuke and /e malfunction, but it won't work in my copy.  What do I have set up wrong?

FOLLOWUP: ODD, but it seems to matter which drive your COH files are on.  My COH was installed on my H: drive and ParagonChat was pointing to it in the Desktop link, both Start In and for Target, but I noticed the -pcdir said: ' -pcdir c:\cohchat'.  I copied the modified zone.cfg and emote.cfg file to C:\cohchat\config and now they work. I didn't expect to find two sets of Config files, but there they were.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:22:00 AM by crashpositron »

chrismoses

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 04:12:44 AM »
So I hopped onto ParagonChat tonight and someone (I think lexicon?) helped me to install all of this. I got it working, hopped around a few zones and everything, then had to log off for a while. Now, when I try to log back in, I get...

As far as I can tell, the files are where they should be...

Any ideas? Thanks.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 03:26:29 AM »
Quickport to Area 42, Sybll Temple, locks you in a small area and you can't /stuck out of it.  Perhaps you could move it away from that door a bit ?

[EDIT] Item moved to that thread
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:00:50 PM by crashpositron »

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:42 AM »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 09:52:54 PM »
Quickport to Area 42, Sybll Temple, locks you in a small area and you can't /stuck out of it.  Perhaps you could move it away from that door a bit ?

CW Edit: Moved from bug thread since this is an issue with a third party addon.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:47:46 PM by Codewalker »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »
Just a heads up, Paragon Chat 1.0 is in final testing, and if all goes well is scheduled to go live tomorrow. This release affects mods like this one that use client data overrides.

In 1.0 and later, data overrides need to go into %APPDATA%\ParagonChat\Client\Data, not into the COH install itself (they will be ignored if you put them there). Mods like this one won't work until they are updated for the new location.

On the bright side, since data overrides now go into the same tree as the cfg files, making a package that includes both should be a little easier.

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:50 AM »
On the bright side, since data overrides now go into the same tree as the cfg files, making a package that includes both should be a little easier.

Hope this is easy enough for you...

New PC 1.0 Users can now download the quickchat.exe and get their quickchat working hassle free.
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!

lexicon

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:26 AM »

Option has been removed, use "ITF:Phoebas Point" as an alternative.
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!