Author Topic: Enabling Developer Mode  (Read 1813 times)

Flickershow

• Underling
Enabling Developer Mode
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »
Hi folks,

Inspired by the team screen shots in the Multimedia section, I decided to take a crack at it myself.  I've created the shortcut to Icon executable with the -n parameter, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Do you enter the slash commands through the chatbox, or elsewhere?  My tilde key does not bring up a console.  Do you need popmenus to be installed first?  This is a fresh install of the client through Tequila on PC, sitting in My Documents.  I've even run the shortcut as administrator.

Any help or tips you can give to this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Flickershow

Fescu

• Minion
Re: Enabling Developer Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:38:44 AM »
First thing's first. I'd need to know a little more about your problem with the -n parameter to answer with any degree of certainty, but here's how I have mine set up if you're trying to accomplish what I think you are. Under properties, in the "Target" box, I literally have ""F:\City of Heroes\CohBeta\icon.exe" -n" pasted into it, minus one set of quotation marks of course. Note that I have City of Heroes on a flash drive and not in my main C drive, so be careful not to literally paste what I have into your target bar.

To gain access levels, what you do is type into the chat box "/access_level 9". Note that I'm talking about the regular chat box, the same one you'd use if you were talking to a teammate. After you've pressed enter, press the tilde key, but not in the chat box. That should bring up a big grey screen that you type your commands into. It will also type them in the chat box at the same time, but don't worry about that. Also, if you have Icon version 7.1, the popmenus are already installed.
Speech is given, silence is earned.