Author Topic: Jerricha's, A Simplified ParagonChat Database App (v. 0.3.0)  (Read 8969 times)

Jerricha

• Underling
  • In the future, all phones will be invisible
Jerricha's, A Simplified ParagonChat Database App (v. 0.3.0)
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:24:12 AM »
Jerrichas 0.2.0 is out!

New shiney features:
* Single .EXE file for Windows users (You don't need to install Python anymore!)
* Use of a config file to set your paths
* Cherry-pick mode!
* Bug fixes

Jerrichas is hosted on Github!
https://github.com/jerricha-and-friends/jerrichas
- For those of you not familiar with Github and just want to download the .EXE: Jerrichas.exe
- I am and will always be publishing the Python code for Jerrichas

What does Jerricha's do?
Jerricha's is an command-line tool that simplifies and automates DB costume hacking. Jerricha's plugs your /costumesave file straight into your ParagonChat database, without you having to manually query and figure out which fields go where.

How does it work?
Jerrichas batch converts those /costumesave files into a long SQL query (the langauge ParagonChat database uses), and executes it on the ParagonChat database. This assumes that you've already completely designed your costume in Icon.exe, and have /costumesave'd it.

Jerrichas works both at the batch level (replace an entire costume), or at the part level (replace just one part of that costume).

How do I get it running?
Read the github page.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:18:50 AM by Jerricha »

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
Re: Jerricha's, A ParagonChat Database Utility
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »
So, we need to have a costume and save it, then run Jerricha's in order to edit? Sounds easy enough, cherry picking will be a big thing :D

Jerricha

• Underling
Re: Jerricha's, A ParagonChat Database Utility
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:27:05 AM »
Yep! The non-Jerrichas method is having to go into the DB and manually updating each single costume part. This speeds up the process like crazy.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Jerricha's, A Simplified ParagonChat Database App
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »

How do I get it running?
First, you need Python 3. Next, you run Jerrichas at the commandline with "python Jerrichas.py" or "c:\Python34\python.exe Jerrichas.py". When you run the program out of the box, you'll get an instructions screen. You need to set two global variables -- one to your ParagonChat.db path, and another to your , and you're ready to go.

And another To your...what?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
And another To your...what?

Programmers: always assigning to null pointers.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 01:34:15 AM »
It runs! Thank you.
Typo on line 204:
Code: [Select]
        db.replace_costume(character_id=character_id, costume_id=character_id)That last character_id surely should be costume_id.

Requesting a refinement:
Could you modify it so that it nukes all db records pertaining to the selected costume, instead of just parts that will be replaced from the costume file? As it is, if the Paragon Chat costume includes parts for Jackets, and the Icon costume instead uses Armor, the output has both. Still better than having to do it all by hand, though.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »
Hey, this will take me some time to get set-up (installing python and such), but I wanted to say that I love that you made such a tool, thank you!  And I will surely use it once I figure out how :)

-Tipsy

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Yeah, I'm in need of some serious code review, but thanks Arcana! Some of these things are pure typos and just me being wreckless, like my documentation. Honestly, I was just too crazy excited to get Jerrichas out to the public, I sorta winged it.

Tipsycakes: Next version of Jerrichas, (hopefully will be out today) you'll have the option of running Jerrichas as standalone .exe, or running the Python script. This will make Jerrichas way more portable, and I can get more people to test the app.

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 04:24:22 AM »
Requesting a refinement:
Could you modify it so that it nukes all db records pertaining to the selected costume, instead of just parts that will be replaced from the costume file? As it is, if the Paragon Chat costume includes parts for Jackets, and the Icon costume instead uses Armor, the output has both. Still better than having to do it all by hand, though.

Oh, good call. Yes, I can do this. Little sloppy otherwise. Jerrichas could use a lot more /costumesave files to test against. The release after the next one is going to be all about refactoring / testing / API access for other developers.

Oh and thanks, that was a very silly, and potentially dangerous typo!

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:52:07 AM »
Requesting a refinement:

I've implemented your changes. Next release, you will see it live! That said, the old functionality that deletes only the costumeparts listed in the file, I can definitely use that for cherry-pick mode!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:58:20 AM by Jerricha »

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »
Cool! Thanks!

Jerricha

• Underling
Re: Jerricha's, A Simplified ParagonChat Database App (v. 0.2.0)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 07:03:02 AM »
Jerrichas v0.2.0 is out!

I've now compiled Jerrichas down to a portable .EXE, so you don't have to install Python to run it =)

I'm a little bit ambivalent about just sharing an EXE file out there on the Internets, and I understand anyone's concerns. Jerrichas is GPL licensed, and so I'm also publishing the .py source code, and open for everyone to read, compile, fork, etc. You can also still run Jerrichas with the .py source (assuming you  have Python3 installed)

ROBOKiTTY

• Boss
  • KiTTYRiffic
    • KiTTYLand
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »
Jerricha is the best. ^o^
Have you played with a KiTTY today?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 11:30:57 PM »
I'm trying to find the costume file but I don't have a data folder in my city of heroes beta folder.  Nore do I have a data folder.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Jerricha

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 11:47:26 PM »
I'm trying to find the costume file but I don't have a data folder in my city of heroes beta folder.  Nore do I have a data folder.

Do you know where your CoX install directory is? With Tequila, you can find it by clicking on Options, then looking under Install Path

Make sure you saved your costume file like this:
/costumesave my_awesome_costume
For me it saves to City of Heroes\data\, but that could be different on your system?... My COH install is from a while ago.

If you're still not able to locate it, open up cmd.exe, navigate to the root of your City of Heroes directory. Then, try using this DOS command to locate it:
dir /s my_awesome_costume

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »
Hmn. I might be doing something wrong. I did the costumesave bit and it put it in my data folder. But when I tried putting that file name in the ini file, it wasn't working as it explained.

For this case, i did /costumesave shade

put in Shade in the ini file thingy and ran Jerrichas, didn't work.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 12:26:55 AM »
Do you know where your CoX install directory is? With Tequila, you can find it by clicking on Options, then looking under Install Path

Make sure you saved your costume file like this:
/costumesave my_awesome_costume
For me it saves to City of Heroes\data\, but that could be different on your system?... My COH install is from a while ago.

If you're still not able to locate it, open up cmd.exe, navigate to the root of your City of Heroes directory. Then, try using this DOS command to locate it:
dir /s my_awesome_costume

I found the problem, I needed to be using my piggs folder, icon was saving the costumes there when I saved them using accesslevel 9.