Author Topic: My biggest wish and sincere thanks!  (Read 3342 times)

Krystia-Aladhriel

• Underling
My biggest wish and sincere thanks!
« on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »

Hi All!

I was just recently informed about this great initiative

And words cannot describe how excited I am that there is a chance that City of Heroes/City of Villains may be playable again sometime in the near future. It was my first MMO game and I have tried everything else since, and I have never been able to enjoy them even close to how I feel with CoH/CoV.

I was so demoralized when it was announced that the game was being shut down.

I really hope that I once again will be able to play the great game - and I want to thank the people working hard on making that a reality.

-

Surelle

Re: My biggest wish and sincere thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »
I don't know that anyone should be saying CoX may be playable again in the near future, because nobody knows if it ever will to be honest.

There is a group that has been trying for a year and a half to lease the old CoX IP to add its lore references to other superhero MMOs that are being developed.  Within these talks, that same group has also been trying all this time to lease a server snapshot of CoX from the night of the shutdown.  But things are going at a glacially slow pace, and it's far from certain if they will ever succeed. 

Your best bet is to sign up for the "Wake me up when there's news" auto-email that is pinned at the top of this very Task Force Hail Mary subforum; that way, if anyone ever does succeed at either venture, you will be alerted via email.

Until that day comes if it ever does, you should check out Paragon Chat!   ;D  Paragon Chat is a CoH-map-based Chat program that members of this board have put together, that is available now and has its own section on these forums.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:03:22 PM by Surelle »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 05:50:25 AM »
Hi All!

I was just recently informed about this great initiative

And words cannot describe how excited I am that there is a chance that City of Heroes/City of Villains may be playable again sometime in the near future. It was my first MMO game and I have tried everything else since, and I have never been able to enjoy them even close to how I feel with CoH/CoV.

I was so demoralized when it was announced that the game was being shut down.

I really hope that I once again will be able to play the great game - and I want to thank the people working hard on making that a reality.

-

Hi, Krystia, and welcome!  I think you'll find that everyone (or close to it) posting here at Titan feels as you do!  CoH/CoV was my first MMO as well and while I've played a few others enjoyably there is a certain special something(s) I cannot readily fully define to CoH/V that made it so awesome and fun to play!  /em holdtorch
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:59:05 PM »
Hi, Krystia, and welcome!  I think you'll find that everyone (or close to it) posting here at Titan feels as you do!  CoH/CoV was my first MMO as well and while I've played a few others enjoyably there is a certain special something(s) I cannot readily fully define to CoH/V that made it so awesome and fun to play!  /em holdtorch

Hi Kristoff!

-Duane