Author Topic: "HALP!" or "F U Windows 10!"  (Read 1714 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
"HALP!" or "F U Windows 10!"
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:58 PM »
My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 today.  It is now just barely this side of bricked.  This is a youtube clip I recorded the first time it went to the lock screen.  After rebooting, it's now doing the same thing with the login screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQLE1cc5kbg

I don't seem to be able to log in (surprise, surprise).  I've tried holding F8 down to get a boot option list and go to safe mode on a reboot, but it's just ignoring me.  I still have some limited functionality, though.  If I hold down the shift key long enough, it pops up the option to enable the access features (and it doesn't flash).  If I hit windows+P, I see the four options for connecting a projector pop up on the right of the screen (flashing).  And I can navigate from my desktop over the network to access files on the laptop.  So, the laptop seems to be alive, but it's having seizures.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: "HALP!" or "F U Windows 10!"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 06:15:18 AM »
You can access the files over your network.... but can you remote into the laptop? (Is that active on a brand-new install? I can't remember).

If you can remote in, does it flash?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: "HALP!" or "F U Windows 10!"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:50:06 AM »
Thought of that.  Tried to access it through remote desktop, but no joy.  Pretty sure that's disabled by default.

Along those same lines, however, I'm wondering if I can connect an external monitor...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov