Author Topic: An odd issue with Icon...  (Read 2076 times)

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
An odd issue with Icon...
« on: August 11, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »
So for the last couple of years I've happily messed around with Icon playing around with new ideas and the NPC costume pieces as well as remaking older characters and ideas I had back when City of Heroes servers were still up. However recently I've run into a bit of an odd problem, and I'm not sure if this is some kind of technical problem or me being an idiot and doing things incorrectly.

Like I said before I can create an save characters with no issues whatsoever but if I try to go into Atlas Park ect. I'm unable and am given the message of "Map failed to start. The server is busy, please try again later." Am I missing some kind of download? Am I using an older version of Icon? Or is their some other problem I'm not seeing? I'm not entirely sure and I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can give with this

Thanks again. Blackout :)

Fescu

• Minion
Re: An odd issue with Icon...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »
How are you trying to access Atlas Park? Through the popmenu system or through the older method of /loadmap [maps/blahblahblah]?
Speech is given, silence is earned.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 07:58:30 PM »
Just through the popmenu. Primary issue is figuring out which version of ICON I actually have because its been quite a while since I downloaded it and can't remember the general date :\

Fescu

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
It should say which version you have when you log in. Since there isn't a message displaying when you log into Icon, you probably have an older version. I had that problem with the popmenus for that very reason. Once I downloaded version 1.71 I didn't have any problem with them.
Speech is given, silence is earned.