Author Topic: How much is Zen in real money?  (Read 3933 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
How much is Zen in real money?
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »
I was thinking of getting some since I only have the free account but even if you go to buy it doesn't say how much Zen costs.

If I wanted 100 Zen how much is that in real money?

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: How much is Zen in real money?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
Before Arc it was pretty simple to buy small amounts of Zen and even get bulk discounts on relatively small amounts.

I dunno how it works now. My first try at a buying experience with Arc was my last.

Sorry, but I'm sure someone else knows.

Edit:
Well I had to collect some dailies so why not ask, huh??

$10 buys you 1000 Zen. This is the smallest increment you can buy and the reason I stopped buying Zen (NOW I remember!).

See PWE? You used to get money from me and look where your greed got you.

Edit edit:
They probly sell 10x as much Zen now and could care less about my piddly purchases lol.. As I wake up and look around me I'm reminded that greed does pretty well for many.

*ahem*
*yawn*
Bye

: )
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:37:25 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
For a lot of the things they sell, 1,000 zen isn't that much. I only play it now more often as I miss COH and any super hero game is better then none.
I cant really afford the $14.95 a month so I thought I could pick up a few extra powers or slots. Maybe next time they have a sale or something.

I spent $10 to get a powerset in DCU and for that $10 you got 4 more character slots and like 50 or more inventory slots per character as a bonus.
That was worth it as one slot goes for like $5 by itself.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:57:18 AM »
For a lot of the things they sell, 1,000 zen isn't that much. I

It's 900 more than you asked about.

When I bought zen in the past it was to pick up the slack to take advantage of a sale. Like half price FF slots. They had small discounted easy to buy zen bundles before, too. The way it was before worked out better for me and I bought zen, then. I don't now but it's not that big of a loss to me or them either I'm sure due to the small amounts I would buy hehe.

Hope things work out how you want. I'm gonna go play  : )

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 04:01:16 AM »
1 Zen = 1 Penny.

A 100 is a dollar.

And so on.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 05:33:08 AM »
It's 900 more than you asked about.

When I bought zen in the past it was to pick up the slack to take advantage of a sale. Like half price FF slots. They had small discounted easy to buy zen bundles before, too. The way it was before worked out better for me and I bought zen, then. I don't now but it's not that big of a loss to me or them either I'm sure due to the small amounts I would buy hehe.

Hope things work out how you want. I'm gonna go play  : )

I only asked about 100 because that was the smallest I saw in the store. A lot of the better items cost over 1,000

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 12:58:33 PM »
Yup, have fun : )
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »
They upped the lowest increment to 1000 zen?  Thats, honestly kind of lame, but then again they hiked the prices of the costumes to.  Honestly, the only thing worth spending on anymore is a free form slot and only if it's like 50% off.  And only if you got that zen on discount or something anymore.  And maayybe the global cap remover, so you don't have to constantly buy a whales cosmic keys.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 02:55:55 AM »
Zen by steam wallet still has 500z as an option.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 07:14:41 AM »
Unless you're one of the unfortunately people for which Steam wallet just arbitrarily doesn't work. In my case I'm pretty sure it's cause Steam prices things in New Zealand dollars for me but Champions still wants to charge in US dollars and that's breaking something, but I've heard of it happening for people in the States too.