Author Topic: An event or two....  (Read 2847 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
An event or two....
« on: September 10, 2015, 06:49:41 PM »
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm thrilled about the Ski Chalet.

However, like most of you, it's merely whetted my appetite.

In the meantime, I've made a cursory glance, but haven't seen this mentioned.

A costume contest? With a real world prize? I'm sure I could contribute something for motivation.

A race? Either a single zone race, or even a race through Firebase Zulu. I realize that characters are likely to go the same speed, but - the paths taken, the controls used, the real world distractions - they might prove interesting. Just a thought.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
Re: An event or two....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »

I like your ideas!

For Halloween... how about an evening of storytelling ( Ghost/Scary ). Croatoa would be a good zone.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:24:17 AM »
That gives me an idea Pearl. I was thinking of making an riddle quest/race where you travel across the zones to find the end of the race/quest. For the start, I would post a riddle maybe here in the forums. The riddle in question would lead to a certain place in a certain zone. When you solved the riddle, you would travel to the location and find a player, and if you whispered to him/her the 1st riddle (for the second, third and so on you would have to whisper the previous riddle in order for him/her to get the next riddle or else he will stand there and do nothing. This is just in case someone bumps into him on accident), he would whisper back the next riddle, which you lead to another place and so and so on Several clues later you would find the last person. 1st place competitor gets... the feeling of victory and bragging rights. :P Also, with travel powers having just been implemented the race won't take 6 hours to complete.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
excellent ideas.....I'd like to hunt for clues.