Author Topic: A Call to Action  (Read 4323 times)

Ardebitis

• Underling
A Call to Action
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »
I've never been too good with long-winded posts, so let me get the main point out of the way first: Paragon Chat as it stands relies heavily on roleplay to keep people using it, so I'd like to see more of the roleplay made public and accessible.

I'm thinking for the long term when I say this, because the other main reason I can think of that people may use Paragon Chat, Nostalgia, will eventually fade. Roleplay will keep existing users coming back, and perhaps even draw new users to the game. With that in mind, it's a shame the only surefire way to find roleplay is to go to Pocket D. That is why I propose that players start running mini RP events of sorts, in the various other zones in the game.

Doing so is as simple as designing a basic throwaway villain, announcing said event in the global chat and which zone it takes place in, and going in Broadcasts from there. If the villain gets arrested and goes to jail, delete them.

To help with this, I've created an IC Global Chat Channel that can hopefully be used to announce and aid with these events. The channel is "PPD", and is essentially a PPD Police Radio frequency. In addition, to help demonstrate these mini events, I will run them every now and then, as often as I can manage.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you folks understand what I mean.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:56:18 AM by Ardebitis »

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
Re: A Call to Action
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »
Neat idea :) I'll be honest I've never been too into seriously RP, but I will admit I am a massive CoH lore junkie; not entirely sure how many others out there are too but It would be interesting to see more discussion of the lore in Paragon Chat.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »
To help with this, I've created an IC Global Chat Channel that can hopefully be used to announce and aid with these events. The channel is "PPD", and is essentially a PPD Police Radio frequency. In addition, to help demonstrate these mini events, I will run them every now and then, as often as I can manage.

Yeah, a lot of RPers don't really like depending on Pocket D as grand central, for numerous reasons.

I hear people saying, "Paragon Chat is great" and sometimes it's followed by "Can I contribute or support or donate to this project?"--I have to say that for a typical user, there's two ways to help the project be successful, if success is measured by user activity.

1. Word of mouth - tell your friends online, post on any forums or places online that have RPers.  Tell the ex-CoH RPers who've fled to other games.

2. Facilitate Community - really, anything that gets people together.  Your effort for a communal RP channel ("PPD" as the police frequency) won't appeal to everyone, but it is an effort in this direction.  Someone could, hypothetically, make a Paragon Chat RP 'Hub' website as well for announcing events and development with the project.  *shrug*

Anyway, at this early still-Beta stage of the game, if we care about making the project more active and more successful, it depends on us early users to pioneer community.

-Tipsy

Nodgarb

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm all for this. One of the major reasons I stuck with CoH until it shut down was because of the RP community, and it'd be nice to see Paragon Chat bring more of that back, especially outside of the D.

2. Facilitate Community - really, anything that gets people together.  Your effort for a communal RP channel ("PPD" as the police frequency) won't appeal to everyone, but it is an effort in this direction.  Someone could, hypothetically, make a Paragon Chat RP 'Hub' website as well for announcing events and development with the project.  *shrug*

Also in agreement with this. It'd be a lot easier to organize events and get more people aware of them this way, but for now the PPD channel is a good idea.