Author Topic: Save Progress?  (Read 2488 times)

Pseudo42

• Underling
Save Progress?
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:27:38 PM »
I know this may be a pipedream or even something that may not be possible.  However, each time I enter Icon, I have to recreate and position every NPC I want.

Long story short, is there a way to save the progress?  Your alterations to a level and what the NPCs are doing so that when you need to stop or if your computer crashes for whatever reasons you don't have to repeat hours of work?

Is there a way to do this now or is this a possible future feature?

PS: Thanks so much for this program.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Re: Save Progress?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »
 I don't think this is possible, however I would continue to seek advice from other more knowledgeable people on the forum tonight.

There are however some workarounds. Coxmacro,  let you store the position of various models on a map and then load them again after you have restarted city of heros.

I am also working on something similar which allows you to specify crowds of models and/or costumes, and subsequently reload them.

I'll have my little feature available at some point in the next week or two, and will be make sure to post on the forum

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »
Might be a 3rd party program somewhere that freezes the status of a game. Like umm a save file in a single player game or something and then would pick up where you left off... Not sure how compatible it would be with this however.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:27:24 AM »
I wrote a utility that saves crowds of NPC and their locations for easy respawning, might be helpful for what you are doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g9ao1sqeuedgch/HeroVirtualTableTop%200.2.zip?dl=0

Jeff