Author Topic: Chat Logs  (Read 2217 times)

Hazukichan

• Underling
Chat Logs
« on: September 17, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »
Hi, everybody! (pauses for the expected response)

Right. So, I'm curious how the chat logs work. For instance, are conversations in tells or user-created channels logged somewhere on the main server? It just seems prudent to know what means, if any, are most ideal for privacy and as much certainty as possible of not bothering anyone else with various exchanges that may not match their personal preferences, and/or which have nothing to do with them, their character, etc.

Heard there might be user-hosted shards in the works, also; that sounds like a useful tool!

Thanks for reading.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Chat Logs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:36:52 AM »
There are logs on the server that admins can access. Otherwise, no one (not even me) can see what you write unless they're there at the time you wrote it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Chat Logs
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »
I think it is worth noting that every player can turn on or off the chat logging feature on their own computer. Everything that goes to that person, whether it's channel stuff, game client messages (like "you loaded a set of keybinds!"), or private messages is available on their computer if they want, as long as it was available to them in the client at the time.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame