Author Topic: Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #6 - Blue Side  (Read 9479 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
  • You're not seeing double, I'm not wearing pants.
    • City of Warcraft or whatever it was called
Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #6 - Blue Side
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
Please read "Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #5 - Gold Side" before reading this.

He really liked teaching the Circle that they do not run this city.  Ever since he was a little boy, he hated the Circle of Thorns.  He hated them for good reason.  He still thinks about that aweful day that his mother didn't come home from the store.  He could have eaten his soup without crackers, but he threw a fit, as children often do, just to test his mother.  After his mother left for the store, he realized what a big baby he was being, but some times five year olds are like that.  Twenty years later and countless hours in therapy, he has learned to forgive himself for making his mother go to the store that day.  After all, going to the store was something everybody has to do.  He still can't forgive the Circle for kidnapping his mother and doing their circle ritual around her.  There were no heroes in King's Row that day to stop the CoT.  Today is different.  Today, there is Grav-Knight, battling the Circle of Thorns where ever and whenever possible.  Grav-Knight shall avenge his mother.
"Death To The Circle Jerks!"  He shouted as he charged the Force Mage.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:13:21 AM by Paragon Avenger »
I don't know when City of Heroes will return, or do I?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Where Have All The Heroes Gone: #6 - Blue Side
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 03:39:02 AM »
Grav-Knight perched high atop one of King's Row taller buildings, he searches the nearby rooftops for the Circle of Thorns performing their ritual.  In his tight purple body suit with matching finned gloves and finned boots, he looks every bit the part of a superhero ready to battle crime.  He spots the clockwork on the rooftop next door.  Those wind-up toys seem to be busy aseembling something.  He didn't care.  Circle Jerks are his prey---his only prey.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:35:36 PM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »
"Hello there, my name is Grav-Knight, what's yours?"  Grav-Knight said to the yound woman in the enhancements store.  The woman was wearing a short pink dress, and she has that 'Come to your doom, boys' look that is so popular these days.
"My name is Necrophillia, but I'm not interested."  Necrophillia said trying to cool-off romeo over there.
"I saw you with zombies a little while ago, are you part of the Circle of Thorns?"  Grav-Knight asked.
"Not even."  Necrophillia said coldly.
"Good, because I hate the Circle.  I battle them night and day.  I've been awake for four days now.  I will sleep when they are all dead, or in prison."  Grav-Knight said trying to impress her.
"Oh, you fight crime, are you a superhero?"  Necrophillia asked.
"Yes, I am Grav-Knight defender of the just, scourge of the Circle of Thorns."  Grav-knight said boldly.
"Great.  Hi, I'm Necrophillia, they sent me to help you become part of Hero Corp."  Necrophillia introduced herself realizing that this must be the loser she is supposed to train.
“Hero Corp?  What’s that?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“We have loosely organized the superheroes in Paragon City so that we might better perform our crime fighting.”  Necrophillia said.
“Sounds gay.”  Grav-Knight dismissed.
“Look, Grave-Robber or whatever your name is, Hero Corp is here to help you, you homophobe.”  Necrophillia countered beginning to get angry at this guy’s lack of respect.
“Ok fine, it’s not gay.”  Grav-Knight said as he left the store.
“What a wad.”  Necrophillia thought as she followed him out.
“Listen, whatever you’re selling; I ain’t buying.  So take your sissy zombies and your gay club and get lost.  I have Circle of Thorns to ‘arrest’.”  Grav-knight said motioning with his hands for her to go away.
Necrophillia being a stoic paragon of patience, unleashed her zombies on Grav-Knight.
The zombies attacked, slapping Grav-Knight and forcing him to the ground.
“Look, Grav-Nut, we are going to have a chat and you are going to listen!”  Necrophillia shouted angrily.
“What is this?  Call off your dogs!”  Grav-Knight exclaimed.
“Seize him.”  Necrophillia said as she over to the Pocket D truck.
After they went inside, Necrophillia found a corner table where they could talk.  She sent the zombies away, the Pocket D management has warned her several times not to bring them in.  Last time, she was nearly thrown out with them.
“What is this place?  Why have you brought me here?  What are you planning?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Ok, ok, it’s like this.  I’m here to train you on your journey to become a superhero.  Hero Corp, which is not gay---by the way, will assist you in your hero endeavors.”  Necrophillia explained.
“I don’t need no training, all I need is a dark night and a victim to rescue.”  Grav-Knight.
“I get it, Circle of Thorns bad, but there is a whole world of baddies out there who need your attention.”  Necrophillia expounded.
“Like who?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“You ever wonder who the Circle of Thorns is working for.”  Necrophillia asked while sipping 100 proof bourbon.
“I don’t know, Donald Trump.  What do I care?  I just want to make them pay.”  Grav-Knight grew impatience.
“Ever hear of the Tsoo?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Who?”  Grav-Knight replied.
“How about Crey?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Everybody’s heard of Crey, they make fine products.”  Grav-Knight said.
“Crey also does some bad things.”  Necrophillia answered.
“Ok, let me explain it to you.  I fight Circle of Thorns.  Ok!  That’s all I do.  The <grapefruits> killed my mother and they will pay.”  Grav-Knight grew angry.
“That’s just selfish!”  Necrophillia replied.
“No, it’s not.”  Grav-Knight countered.
“Yup, you are selfish.”  Necrophillia said.
“I’m not selfish, I tackle the Circle for the greater good.”  Grav-Knight shouted.
“Selfish, selfish, selfish.”  Necrophillia replied sing-song-ingly.
“I’m not selfish!”  Grav-Knight said and was about to propel a lamp or sofa at Necrophillia.
“Then why do you ONLY avenge your sweet mother?  What about all the other sweet mothers out there, needing to be avenge.  Who’s avenging them, huh?”  Necrophillia snapped back.
“I never thought of it that way before.”  Grav-Knight said in a defeated voice.
“Good, now we can begin.”  Necrophillia said.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:05:27 AM »
“Hey, I’ve heard of some nut in Kings tearing up the Circle.  Should I go check it out?”  Super Fire Dragon asked as he walked into Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Dragon, glad to see you too.”  Ms. Liberty said reminding the Dragon about the way people greet each other upon entering a room.
“Oh yes, hello Ms. Liberty, how are you?”  SFD asked
“Fine, so the trip to Praetoria was a success?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Yes, we broke up the alliance between the Syndicate and the Resistance.  Anything new here, like some nut in Kings tearing up the Circle or anything?”  SFD asked.
“Ok, Dragon, yes there is some new hero in King’s Row battling the Circle of Thorns.”  Ms. Liberty answered.
“Since you obliviously already know about it, did you send somebody?”  SFD asked.
“Dragon, I know that training new heroes really isn’t your thing, so I sent Necrophillia.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Necrophillia?  Are you mad woman?”  SFD said shocked.
“Dragon, it isn’t polite to call a woman, a woman like that.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Oh, sorry.  What should I say, ‘Dame, chick, skirt, girl, lady’?”  SFD asked.
“How about, ‘Boss’?”  Ms. Liberty countered.
“You humans and your silly rules.”  SFD said.
“It is not silly to show respect to your superiors.”  Ms. Liberty said trying to teach the Dragon some manners.
“Ok, let me try again.”  SFD stated.
“Very well.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Necrophillia?  Are you freaking nuts, boss!”  SFD asked.
“Never mind, Dragon.  Necrophillia is a member of Hero Corp and needs to train new heroes just like everybody else.  Besides, everytime I call Kolissa, Hero Commander answers and says that she isn’t there, and I hear giggling in the background.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“She has a temper, and her creepy factor is off the scale.”  SFD countered.
“It is our understanding that this new hero is a bit hard-headed, he just might need some one like Necrophillia to shake him up a little.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“I get it, you want me to keep an eye on her.”  SFD reasoned.
“Dragon, you can’t count to 10, you have a cheese obsession and you have authority issues, but you are my best operative.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Ok, I’ll do it.”  SFD said.
“That’s great news.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Man, you can really manipulate me, boss.”  SFD said as he walked out of Ms. Liberty’s office.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »
“What do you want, Dragon?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Oh nothing, never mind little old me.”  Super Fire Dragon replied.
“Spill it, deary.”  Necrophillia said imitating Kolissa.
“Ha, do I look tall, dumb and stupid?”  SFD fired back.
“Dragon, stop interfering with other heroes.”  Necrophillia said imitating Ms. Liberty.
“Hey, where’s that cheese you were talking about earlier?”  SFD asked of Ms. Liberty playing along with Necrophillia.
“Dragon, you are no fun.”  Necrophillia decided.
“I might have been hatched at night, but it wasn’t last night.”  SFD quipped.
“Ok, but what are you doing here?”  Necrophillia pleaded.
“Maybe I’m into Goth now.”  SFD stated.
“Eeeewww.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Ok, ok, I’m here to help you with that nut job who is tearing through the Circle of Thorns.”  SFD admitted.
“I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!”  Necrophillia cried as she sent her zombies after the dragon.
Super Fire Dragon used breath of fire to send them back.
“TRY THAT AGAIN, IF YOU’RE TIRED OF LIVING!”  SFD threatened.
“Sorry, Dragon.  Ms. Liberty doesn’t trust me enough to bring this one in on my own?”  Necrophillia asked as she calmed down.
“LOOK, MS. LIBERTY HAS HER REASONS.”  SFD shouted.
“Dragon, why are you yelling?”  Necrophillia asked.
“BECAUSE ONCE,”  SFD cleared his throat, “Because once I get started, I find it hard to stop.”
“Let me handle this one my way, and if I need help, I will ask for it.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Well ok, but try to not send your zombies after the poor guy every day.”  SFD replied.
“Nag, nag, nag.”  Necrophillia mocked.
“And remember, deary, I’ll be watching.”  SFD said trying to imitate Kolissa, but failing miserably.
They both laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 02:25:58 AM »
“Necrophillia, I’ve been meaning to ask you.  Whose mother, exactly, will I be avenging by attacking the Skulls?”  Grav-Knight asked longing to attack the Circle instead.
“Look, it doesn’t matter whose mother is who.  Just get in there and bust some heads.”  Necrophillia ordered.
Grav-Knight used Gravity Distortion on the Dead Head Buckshot.  He followed that up with Lift and Crush a few times finishing the lieutenant.  The Gravedigger Slugger charged, but he used Propel to thrown a lamp at him, sending him flying backwards.  Propel also sent the Gravedigger Slicer to the ground.  The two Gravediggers got up and charged.  Grav-Knight turned on Repel while other powers were recharging.  He had to pop a blue, turn off Repel and use the Gravity Distortion again on the Gravedigger Slicer.  Using Lift and Crush, he soon made quick work of them.  He knelt on one knee to recover health and endurance.
“No, no, no, no, you did it all wrong!”  Necrophillia shouted.
“They are ‘arrested’ what does it matter?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Sure, there were only three of them, but what if there had been five of them?”  Necrophillia asked.
“I don’t know, I guess It would've taken longer.”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Gravity Control is your primary, but use Kinetics, your secondary more.”  Necrophillia stated.
“I don’t like Kinetics.  People are always asking for Speed Boost.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“You’re a <grapefruit> buffer!  It’s your job!”  Necrophillia shouted beginning to get angry.
“I work alone.”  Grav-Knight countered smugly.
Necrophillia released her zombies and told them to attack Grav-Knight.  He turned on Repel, but they were too strong and slapped him into the hospital.
“Sorry.  Sorry.  I am so sorry.”  Necrophillia pleaded as the hospital elevator doors opened and she saw Grav-Knight.
“Listen, lady, stay the <grapefruit> away from me.  You are dangerous.”  Grav-Knight ordered as he stormed out of the hospital.
“That went well, don’t you think?”  Necrophillia asked the closest bystander.
“Please don’t steal my soul.”  The bystander said as he turned and hurried away.
“I get that a lot.”  Necrophillia said to her self as she left the hospital.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:48:45 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:40 AM »
“Hello, deary.”  Kolissa cooped over the phone.  She has CallerID©, of course, and Necrophillia is a treasured friend.
“Hello, Kolissa I need your help.”  Necrophillia admitted.
“I’m all ears, deary.”  Kolissa replied.
“Well, I have this mission to train this nut who is tearing up the Circle of Thorns in King’s Row.”  Necrophillia explained.
“And now he has ran away after you released your zombies on him.”  Kolissa said.
“Ummm, yes how did you know?”  Necrophillia asked stunned.
“Never mind that.”  Kolissa answered.
“Oh, Super Fire Dragon told you, I know you two are close.”  Necrophillia said.
“Yes, like oil and water.”  Kolissa commented.
“Then how did you know?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Do you really want to know, deary?”  Kolissa asked.
“I think so.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Well ok, I put two and two together knowing your temper, it wasn’t difficult.”  Kolissa stated.
“I’m not THAT bad!”  Necrophillia shouted as almost tried to send her zombies through the phone.
“Did you just try to send your zombies through the phone?”  Kolissa asked.
“No, of course not.  Do you think I’m some kind of a nut?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Well …”  Kolissa began.
“Don’t answer that.” Necrophillia interrupted.
“Anyway, deary, maybe you need help with your temper.”  Kolissa suggested.
“I remember a certain someone shooting poisoned darts at her teammates.”  Necrophillia countered.
“Yes, but when I shoot my teammates, it is never in anger.  It is usually because I’m sick of looking at their face.”  Kolissa explained.
“So my problem is that I get all upset and act out of anger.”  Necrophillia stated.
“Yes, deary.”  Kolissa said.
“I should be more like you and kill my teammates in cold blood and behind their backs.”  Necrophillia said mockingly.
“Exactly.”  Kolissa replied.
“So there was nothing wrong with sending my zombies after my trainee, just that I did it while angry?”  Necrophillia asked.
“No!  It is always wrong to attack your trainee.”  Kolissa replied.
“But what if he’s asking for it?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Then, deary, you do what Super Fire Dragon did to Ice Mannix.  You introduce him to a GM.”  Kolissa said.
“That dragon is smarter than you give him credit for.”  Necrophillia said in awe.
“You know about that, deary, a stopped watch is correct twice a day.”  Kolissa commented.
They both laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
“Well not that I’m going to take it, but do you have any advice for me about training this nut?”  Necrophillia asked Kolissa over the phone.
“Well, off the top of my head, be patient with your trainee.  He is going to make mistakes, but sometimes that’s the best way to learn.”  Kolissa advised.
“Live ware, so complicated.  My zombies do exactly what I tell them.”  Necrophillia bragged.
“Eeeeewwwwww.”  Kolissa replied.
“I didn’t mean that they do that.”  Necrophillia.
“Of course, deary.  Anything else?”  Kolissa asked.
“Oh, yes.  There is one thing; it’s kind of personal.”  Necrophilla stated.
“We’re big girls, you can ask me anything.  I might tell you to go take a flying leap, but you can ask.”  Kolissa informed.
“Ok, why do you call Hero Commander, Shorty?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Oh, that, ha ha, he is nearly two feet shorter than I, but it is because his kisses are slow, wet, tasty and long.”  Kolissa answered.
“His kisses?  Have you two slept together?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Well, not like I think you mean, no.  We sleep in the same room in different beds.”  Kolissa explained.
“Have you had sex with him?”  Necrophillia asked.
“This might be difficult for you to understand, but we have decided to wait until we get married, if we get married.”  Kolissa replied.
“Is there doubt?”  Necrophillia asked.
“I’m just saying.”  Kolissa said.
“All I do is get a dead guy and strap …” Necrophillia started.
“Stop!  I do not want images haunting my dreams, for the rest of my life.”  Kolissa interrupted.
“I get that a lot.”  Necrophillia confessed.
“Anyway, we want to get to know get other first.”  Kolissa stated.
“You mean that you actually care about his thoughts and feelings?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Well, of course.”  Kolissa said shocked.
“You’re weird.”  Necrophillia blurted out.
“Now see here, deary, you called me up for advice and …”  Kolissa shouted.
“I’m just playing with you.”  Necrophillia interrupted.
“Ok, whatever.”  Kolissa calmed.
“Necrophillia, calling Necrophillia.  Is this thing on, hello, hello, Necrophillia.”  Super Fire Dragon said over the two-way wrist communicator.
“Hang-on, Super Fire Dragon is calling me.”  Necrophillia said to Kolissa.
“What is it, Dragon?”  Necrophillia asked over her two-way wrist communicator.
“How is the training of that Grav-Guy coming?”  SFD asked over the communicator.
“Oh, very well.  He is practicing his aim.”  Necrophillia lied.
“Yes he is.  He is attacking a group of the low-level Circle that is obviously below him.  I thought you were supposed to be helping him.”  SFD fumed.
“Dragon, can I call you right back, thanks?”  Necrophillia sort of asked as she ended the communicator session.
“Kolissa, thanks for the advice.  I got to go collect my trainee.”  Necrophillia told Kolissa.
“Ok, take care, Deary.”  Kolissa said as she hung-up the phone.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »
“I don’t care; she set her zombies on me!”  Grav-Knight shouted.
“You don’t understand, Necrophillia is high spirited, and …”  Super Fire Dragon tried to explain.
“Dragon, I’ll take it from here.”  Necrophillia said after teleporting to the spot while Grav-Knight and Super Fire Dragon were talking.
“Keep away from me, and take your talking lizard too.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Look, I get it.  The zombies were scary, but I promise to never attack you again.”  Necrophillia said.
“Necrophillia, why are your fingers crossed behind your back?”  SFD asked.
“Never mind, Dragon.”  Necrophillia said.
“Well, ok.  Now can I go attack those Circle jerks over there?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“No way.  They are way lower than you.”  Necrophillia said.
“So?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“So, it would be like Statesman arresting litterbugs.”  Necrophillia explained.
“Oh!”  Grav-Knight exclaimed.
“Besides, you would be bullying them.  We need to find foes closer to your strength.”  SFD added.
“Why would we want to do that?”  Grav-Knight asked. 
“This is the way it works.  You go after tougher and tougher challenges; you become stronger and stronger.”  Necrophillia described.
“Really, that sounds interesting, but towards what end?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“We were just on an exciting task force that took us to Praetoria.”  SFD replied.
“Yeah, I read about in the Paragon Journal.”  Grav-Knight said.
“Well someday, you might just read about yourself.”  SFD said.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 03:20:00 AM »
They were standing dockside in Independence Port.  Necrophillia was explaining about the Family and the Tsoo.  Grav-Knight was listening and nodding, pretending to listen to the information about non-circle villains.
“Do you have any questions?”  Necrophillia asked feeling that she was making an outstanding teacher.
“Well, just one.”  Grav-Knight said rubbing his chin.
“Excellent, what is your question?”  Necrophillia asked eagerly.
“I’ve been listening to you … talk for several minutes now, but I don’t understand.”  Grav-Knight stated.
“What don’t you understand?”  Necrophillia asked.
“How does all this relate to the Circle?”  Grav-Knight asked.
Necrophillia pushed him over the dock.  He went splash.  He flew out of the water and on to the dock.
“Hey, you promised!”  He shouted as he attacked Necrophillia with lift, crush and propel.  Lift had no effect on her, she brushed off crush as if it was nothing and she simply dodged the propelled object.
“Who are you?”  Grav-Knight cried trying more attack powers with no success.
“I am a level 53 incarnate.  You are a level 22 controller.  Do the math.”  Necrophillia said as she walked away.
Necrophillia was assigned to train this nut, but the only way to keep herself from sending him to the hospital or worse, was to leave.
“A level 53 incarnate!  Wow!  How do I get to be one of those?”  Grav-Knight asked stopping her in her tracks.
“I’ll just tell Ms. Liberty that it didn’t work out and she can assign another trainer.”  Necrophillia stated.
“Well, if you think that’s for the best.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Necrophillia calling Ms. Liberty.  Come in Ms. Liberty, over.”  Necrophillia said into her two-way communicator.
“Necrophillia, Ms. Liberty here, so good to hear from you.”  Ms. Liberty answered.
“Yeah, I’ve reached the conclusion that me and this Grav-Nut …”  Necrophillia said into her communicator.
“Grav-Knight!”  Grav-Knight interrupted shouting loud enough to be heard by the communicator and Ms. Liberty.
“Fine, Grav-Knight, that we can’t work together …”  Necrophillia said.
“The great Necrophillia, can’t train some gravity nut.”  Ms. Liberty teased interrupting.
“Hey, I heard that.”  Grav-Knight complained.
“I can do anything I put my mind to.”  Necrophillia was becoming enraged.
“Sure you can, if you have the dragon and Kolissa to back you up.”  Ms. Liberty pushed further.
“I don’t need that stupid dragon.  I don’t need nobody.”  Necrophillia’s feelings of abandonment from her childhood flared up.
“On your own, you are nothing but a circus trainer with zombies instead of lions.”  Ms. Liberty wasn’t letting up.
Necrophillia’s eyes became red glowing flames.  She summoned all her zombies.  She released dark powers that would make Dracula tremble.  She opened a pit to hell and dark souls began escaping from it.  Necrophillia’s powers have a creepy pink ting to them.  Grav-Knight was motionless with fear.  He was the colorless.  Nearby street thugs ran in terror.
“I AM NECROPHILLIA!  I COMMAND THE VERY FORCES OF DEATH!  THERE IS NOTHING I CAN’T DO!”  Necrophillia shouted in a voice that could have curdled milk.
Ms. Liberty took a long moment to come back to her self.  The power of the darkness was nearly transmitted via the communicator.
“Except train some noob to attack foes his own level.”  Ms. Liberty managed to say.
Necrophillia screamed and turned into a pillar of fire for several seconds.  Then everything went back to normal.  The pit to hell closed.  Necrophillia went back to her “Come to your doom, boys” look that is so popular these days.  Her zombies were dismissed.  The dark unspeakable powers shut off.  The sky was a clear blue again.
“Ok, I’ll give it another try.”  Necrophillia said into the communicator using her normal semi-sweet voice.
“Glad to hear it.”  A stunned Ms. Liberty commented.
“I’m so glad we have these little talks.”  Necrophillia said into the communicator.
“Me too.”  Ms. Liberty said still in shock.
“Over and out.”  Necrophillia said to the communicator shutting it off.  “Looks like we’re stuck with each other.”  Necrophillia said to Grav-Knight.
“Ummm, ummm, how-did-ya, how-did-ya.”  Grav-Knight tried to speak.
“So, are you going to do what I tell you?”  Necrophillia asked playfully.
“From now on.”  Grav-Knight agreed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 05:59:02 AM »
“You want me to do what?”  The Paragon Comptroller asked amazed at the suggestion made by this silly dragon.
“It will just be until he reaches level 50.”  Super Fire Dragon replied.
“Oh is that all.”  The Paragon Comptroller said.
“I think Ms. Liberty has flipped her gasket, Necrophillia is too unstable to be a trainer.”  SFD explained.
“You are right about one thing.”  The Paragon Comptroller stated taking another sip from his brandy snifter.  “This IS good brandy.”
“I only buy VSOP, but can you help?”  SFD asked eagerly.
“Well, Dragon, I don’t mind doing you a favor.  And I wouldn’t mind doing something behind Necrophillia’s back.  I’m not afraid of her zombies.  And the chance to help out an up and coming young controller would be a privilege, but going behind Ms. Liberty’s back like this.  I just don’t think that I can stomach that.”  The Paragon Comptroller explained.
“I understand, you don’t want to get involved until there is a major catastrophe.”  SFD countered.
“Now Dragon, I never said that.”  The Paragon Comptroller said getting riled.
“I tell you, she is not thinking clearly.”  SFD insisted.
“Give her a break; sure Necrophillia is creepy as anything, but Ms. Liberty is a crafty old gal.  If she thinks that El Creepo can do the job then that’s good enough for me.”  The Paragon Comptroller responded.  The Paragon Comptroller has good reason to trust Ms. Liberty.  Besides her famous grandfather, Ms. Liberty is the leader of the Longbow.  The Longbow is a group of well trained heroes that take the fight to the villains.  Ms. Liberty is head of Hero Corps, a group setup to aid, help and train superheroes.  And Ms. Liberty is one of the founding members of the Vindicators, a group of very powerful heroes who are ready at a moments notice to defend Paragon City from anything.  All the heroes respect, admire and love Ms. Liberty.
“Ms. Liberty assigned me to watch over Necrophillia, PC, I’m not sure I can keep up.  My doctor told me to…take it easy, yeah, my doctor told me to take it easy.”  SFD lied.
“Dragon, has that ever worked?”  The Paragon Comptroller asked.
“Well, I keep hoping.”  SFD replied.
“Thanks for the Brandy.”  The Paragon Comptroller said as he stood up from he extremely comfortable chair.  “I’ve got to go, but let me say this.  Dragon, trust Ms. Liberty.”
“Thanks, PC.”  SFD said showing him out of his fancy penthouse apartment.

Meanwhile

“Is that the army?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“No, silly.  Don’t you know that they’re the Council?”  Necrophillia asked.
“How can you tell?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“You see those funny emblems they wear?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Yeah, what of them?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Do you think the army wears emblems like that?  Necrophillia asked.
“You think I know what the army thinks is high fashion?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“You think THAT is high fashion?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Maybe you’re right, but is there any other way to tell?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Have you tried targeting them?”  Necrophillia asked.
“So why do you want me to attack the army, anyway?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“They are not the army.”  Necrophillia shouted with her eyes becoming balls of red flames.
“I win the questions game.”  Grav-Knight said victoriously.
“And I won the catch-an-intruder game.”  The Galaxy Soldier said getting the drop on them.
Grav-Knight used lift on the Galaxy to pick him up and throw him to the ground.  Necrophillia unleashed her zombies out of reflect and quickly wiped the floor with the Council.
“We weren’t playing the questions game!”  Necrophillia shouted trying to keep from attacking her trainee.
“Well, I was.”  Grav-Knight replied still feeling smug about winning.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 04:45:14 AM »
“Hello, Ms. Liberty.  I’m glad that you agreed to see me so soon.”  The Paragon Comptroller greeted.
“When I got you’re call I was curious so I made room for you on my calendar.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“Thank you.”  The Paragon Comptroller replied.
“Come in, sit down, and take a load off, what is this all about?”  Ms. Liberty said as she motioned for PC to take a seat in her office.
  The Paragon Comptroller found a chair across form Ms. Liberty’s desk.
“Two things are troubling me.”  The Paragon Comptroller stated as Ms. Liberty sat behind her desk.
“Oh, I hope I can help.”  Ms. Liberty replied.  The Paragon Comptroller wasn’t her best operative or even that powerful of a superhero, but keeping his day job as the comptroller for Paragon City and refusing to wear a spandex-like costume as he fought crime at night made him an appealing hero.  He was sort of the people’s hero.  Just an average work-a-day Joe trying to earn a living.  Of course, being a city official and in-charge of the expenditures, he made mid-to-low six figures.
“Well, the first thing is that I’ve heard that there is an up and coming young controller.  What do I need to do to be considered a good choice as a mentor?”  The paragon Comptroller asked.
“PC, I just assumed that your duties with the city would not afford you the time to train some low level hero.”  Ms. Liberty said trying to cover the fact that she didn’t even think of him, and now that she has, she is glad she didn’t pick him.
“I see.  Well next time let me work out my schedule myself.”  The Paragon Comptroller said trying to be polite, but wanting to scream at her that he could do the job with lots of time to spare.
“I promise to keep that in mind for next time.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“The second thing is that Super Fire Dragon may be planning a coup.  Well, I got to run, bye.”  The Paragon Comptroller said as he scurried for the door.
“What?  Wait, get back here.”  Ms. Liberty barked, but it was to late.  He was gone.
“Get me the latest Longbow deployments.”  Ms. Liberty said into her desk communicator.  Ms. Liberty probably couldn’t stand against Super Fire Dragon himself, but it would be one hell of a fight.  If he recruits friends, his coup might just succeed.

Meanwhile

“Dragon, whatever it is, I’m in.”  Developer 13 replied.
“Glad to hear it, this is going to be awesome.”  Super Fire Dragon said.
“Just let me know where and when.”  Developer 13 said as he hung up the phone.
“TAD, what it is, dude.”  SFD said into the phone after dialing Totally Awesome Dude’s number.
“Oh, hello, Dragon.  How have you been, why are you calling?”  A stunned Totally Awesome Dude said wondering why Super Fire Dragon was calling at this hour.
“Yeah, well, I’m planning something big.  Are you in or are you out?”  SFD asked.
“In or out of what?”  Totally Awesome Dude asked.
“Don’t you trust me?”  SFD asked.
“Well … “  Totally Awesome Dude was trying to gather his thoughts.
“EEErrrrttt, wrong ask.  Bye.”  SFD said as he hung up the phone.
“I wonder what that silly dragon is up to now.  Oh well.”  Totally Awesome Dude said to his self and returned to watching “Wheel of Fortune”.
“Dr. Wos, my old pal, what it is.”  SFD said after dialing Dr. Wos’s phone number.
“Dragon, what are you talking about?”  Dr. Wos replied.
“I’m planning something big, you want in?”  SFD explained.
“Will Necrophillia be there?”  dr. Wos asked.
“Yes, but not on our team.”  SFD answered.
“Well, ok, unless of course you’re planning on overthrowing Ms. Liberty and seizing control of Hero Corps.”  Dr. Wos.
“That’s crazy talk.”  SFD said as he quickly hung up the phone.
Super Fire Dragon called all the heroes he knew.  Most asked too many questions, but enough agreed to join no matter what.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 02:52:59 AM »
“Yikes, is that guy red?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Well, yeah, probably.  Look, pull his lieutenants away first.”  Necrophillia instructed.
“What if I get his attention?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Run like hell.”  Necrophillia answered plainly.
“Gee, thanks.”  Grav-Knight replied.
Grav-Knight took careful aim at one of the Tsoo and fired.  When the Tsoo moved away from his group, Grav_Knight fired everything he had and dropped him.  Grav_knight rested and recharged his powers and was able to pull each Tsoo from his boss.
“Wow!  XP!  I actually got XP!”  Grav-Knight shouted.
“The light dawns.”  Necrophillia stated.
“What does that mean?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Never mind, let’s move to another group.”  Necrophillia said.
“Well, ok.”  Grav-Knight said.
The two heroes walked down the street basically looking for trouble.
“Necrophillia, I’ve been meaning to ask you.”  Grav-Knight stated.
“Yes.”  Necrophillia responded.
“Are you sure that Circle of Thorns grow-up to become Tsoo?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Absolutely, now there’s some more.  Attack.”  Necrophillia said.
Of course the Circle of Thorns do not “grow-up” to become the Tsoo, but anything to get this nut to attack more than just the Circle.

Meanwhile

“Who is this?”  Hero Commander said.
“You know goll-darn-freaking who this is.  Put Kolissa on the line.”  Ms. Liberty said in no mood for games.
“Kolissa is not here right now, may I take a message?”  Hero Commander said trying to hold back a snicker.
“Fine, Hero Commander, report to my office.  You are in-charge of organizing the defenses against Super Fire Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty fumed.
“Ummm, oh Kolissa just walked in the door.”  Hero Commander said.
“No you idiot, she’ll make me do something.”  Kolissa whispered.
“Look, I can’t do this thing she wants, she needs you.”  Hero Commander whispered to Kolissa.
“I’m not going to do it.”  Kolissa whispered.
“Hello, hello, anybody there?  I can hear you whispering to somebody.”  Ms. Liberty shouted over the phone.
“She’s going to suspect something, you talk to her.”  Hero Commander whispered to Kolissa.
“I’m not talking to her.”  Kolissa whispered.
“Just one minute.”  Hero Commander said in a falsetto voice over the phone.
“I ain’t falling for that, HC, put Kolissa on, now.”  Ms. Liberty demanded.
“I’m washing my boobs.”  Hero Commander said in a falsetto voice over the phone.
“What?”  Kolissa said and Ms. Liberty said over the phone.
“Hey, it’s the first thing that popped into my head.”  Hero Commander said to Kolissa.
“Well, unpop it, and give me that.”  Kolissa said grabbing the phone.
“Ms. Liberty, I have been meaning to get in touch with you, deary.”  Kolissa cooed over the phone.
“Kolissa, I KNOW that is you.”  Ms. Liberty insisted.
“Of course I am me, deary.  We must get together sometime.”  Kolissa continued.
“Don’t you hang-up on me.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“I do so much enjoy our little chats, don’t you, deary?”  Kolissa poured it on.
“I mean it, don’t you hang-up on me.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
“Now why would I hang-up on you, the great Ms. Liberty, granddaughter to Statesman himself, and how is he?”  Kolissa was on a roll.
“He is still dead.”  Ms. Liberty answered.
“That is such a shame, well deary, call back when you can talk longer.”  Kolissa said.
“I mean it, Kolissa, I’ll send Longbow over there or something if you hang-up on me.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“It is always a pleasure speaking to one such as yourself, deary, bye now.”  Kolissa said and hung up the phone.
“That woman!”  Ms. Liberty shouted as she slammed the handset down onto the phone base.
“Kolissa, I’m sorry about that boobs remark, I just got carried away.”  Hero Commander apologized.
“If you see me as only boobs and such, you can leave right now.”  Kolissa insisted.
“Well, no.  Yes, I’ve noticed your finer points, but I like you for who you are---the whole package.”  Hero Commander explained.
“Good, ‘cause you’re too cute to kick to the curb, Shorty.”  Kolissa said.
“So what do you think Ms. Liberty is going to do?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Oh, something I’ll regret, but until then, let’s play Boggle.”  Kolissa replied.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »
“Oh, hello Ms. Liberty.”  Super Fire Dragon said into his communicator watch.
“Hello, Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“So what’s up?”  SFD asked.
“I have a very important assignment for Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty stated via her communicator.
“Is it to get more cheese?”  SFD asked.
“No, Dragon, com’on.”  Ms. Liberty played it cool.
“So what do you want me to do?”  SFD asked.
“Kolissa isn’t cooperating.  I need you to bring her in.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Can do.”  SFD said.
“Her last known location was her apartment on Founders’ Falls.”  Ms. Liberty informed.
“Great, I’ll get right on it.”  SFD said figuring this to be the last time Ms. Liberty gave him an assignment.
“Oh, one other thing.”  Ms. Liberty interjected.
“Yes?”  SFD wondered.
“We have reason to suspect that Hero Commander is with her, you might want to take back-up.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Great, just great.”  SFD said and ended the communicator conversation.

Back at Hero Corps HQ.

“Brilliant Ms. Liberty, that Dragon will go in there with all he has.”  Longbow Warden said.
“Yes, and we can observe Kolissa apartment to see what we will be up against.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“But what if Kolissa joins Super Fire Dragon?”  Longbow Warden questioned.
“Then we will know that too, but there is no way Kolissa will join Super Fire Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“How can you be so sure?”  Longbow Warden asked.
“She thinks the dragon is an oath.  And besides, she is loyal to me.  Right now she’s just trying to avoid getting assigned work.  So I sent the work to her.”  Ms. Liberty said.

Meanwhile

“Wow, I gained 10 levels in three days.”  Grav-Knight exclaimed.
“Keep it down, queit.”  Necrophillia whispered.
“Why?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Because of Marty.”  Necrophillia stated.
“Who?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Oh, you don’t know about Marty.  Let me explain.  When ever a hero or even a villain is having too much fun and gaining too many levels too quickly, Marty steps in and spoils everything.”  Necrophillia explained.
“What does he do?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“He lowers the XP of your targets and assigns you to a lousy drop-table.”  Necrophillia stated.
“The Monster!”  Grav-Knight shouted.
“The effects are temporary, but the hurt never goes away.”  Necrophillia said in remorse.
“Wow, there really is a lot to this city.”  Grav-Knight exclaimed.
“More than just the Circle of Thorns?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Let’s not get carried away.”  Grav-Knight replied.
They both laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 03:50:40 AM »
“Hold it right there, Kolissa”  Super Fire Dragon shouted as he bust into her Founders’ Falls apartment.
“Dragon!  You broke my door!  What’s wrong with you?”  A stunned Kolissa shouted back.
“Ms. Liberty sent me here to bring you in.”  SFD stated.
“See, I told you that I would regret it.”  Kolissa said to Hero Commander.
“Yes, I see.  You know her like a book.”  Hero Commander stated amazed at Kolissa’s deductive reasoning.
“Look Dragon, just tell her that I decided to stay here and fix my door.”  Kolissa said to the dragon.
“Well, that does make sense.  After all, the door is broken.  You can’t leave your apartment open like this.  I completely understand.”  SFD played along.
“And tell her that I’ll be busy for several weeks.”  Kolissa insisted.
“O-ok, wait a minute.  You can have lover-boy over there guard your apartment, maybe even fix the door himself.”  SFD suggested.
“Oh Dragon, that won’t work … “  Kolissa started.
“Can it sister, you’re coming with me.”  SFD insisted.
“Who’s going to make me?”  Kolissa asked.
“Me and the half cheese Longbow out there staking out your apartment.”  SFD lied.
“Let me see.”  Kolissa looked out the window and saw several Longbow watching the place.  “Son of a tabby!  How did you get those Longbow to go along with you?”
“Ms. Liberty sent them.”  SFD informed.
“Dragon, this is twice you capture me.  It’s beginning to annoy me.”  Kolissa stated.
“Twice?  Are you sure?  It seems to be more like smoke times.  Or at least 11-d-12 times.”  SFD counted on his talons.
“Ok, dragon, don’t hurt yourself trying to do basic math.”  Kolissa accused.
“Let’s go before you get annoyed.”  SFD said.
They all laughed.

Meanwhile

“Necrophillia?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Yes, what is it now?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Exactly what kind of Circle of Thorns are these?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Ummm, they are called The Freaks of Thorns.  These guys are the brains behind the Circle of Thorns.”  Necrophillia lied.
“Ok, wow, I am very much more impressed with the Circle of Thorns now.”  Grav-Knight said as he attacked the small group of The Freakshow.
“Gee boss, there’s this nut attacking us calling us Circle of Thorns, what should we do.”  One Freakshow asked.
“Attack him back and call him the Clockwork.”  The Freakshow Boss replied.
“Necrophillia, why are these Circle of Thorns calling me the Clockwork?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“How should I know, The Freakshow are weird.”  Necrophillia let slip they’re actual name.
“Ah-ha!  These ARE The Freakshow, not the Freaks of Thorns.”  Grav-Knight shouted.
“Well, technically, I suppose.”  Necrophillia said trying to think of another story.
“You tricked me.  Mr. Freakshow, my apologies.”  Grav-Knight said as he started to walk away.
“Not so fast, Clockwork, we gotz ourselves unfinished business.”  One Freakshow said.
“I don’t care, I only attack the Circle of Thorns.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Well, we only attack, everybody!”  The Freakshow fired back.
The Freakshow attacked Grav-Knight.  He was too slow at returning their attacks and was quickly overwhelmed.  They sent him to the hospital.  They started to attck Necrophillia.  She quickly released her zombies who quickly dispatched the low-level, (to her), Freakshow.

Back at Hero Corps HQ

“Ms. Liberty, Ms. Liberty!”  The Longbow Warden said as he rushed into Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Yes, what is it?”  Ms. Liberty answered a bit annoyed.
“I have good news and bad news.”  The Warden replied.
“Ok, the bad news first.”  Ms. Liberty responded.
“We were unable to get an accurate count of the heroes and their strengths following Super Fire Dragon.”  The Warden reported.
“Why!”  Ms. Liberty raised her voice in anger.
“He didn’t bring any with him.”  The Warden relayed.
“Oh dear.  Where is the dragon now?”  Ms. Liberty said feeling remorse over the possible loss of her good friend Super Fire Dragon.
“Well, that’s the good news.  He’s here bringing in Kolissa.”  The Warden stated.
“How in the world did he pull that off?”  Ms. Liberty exclaimed.
“I’m smarter than the average dragon, that’s how.”  SFD answered over-hearing the conversation as he walked into Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Dragon, report.”  Ms. Liberty snapped.
“Well, when I flew over Kolissa apartment, I saw cheese minus smoke plus toast Longbow staking out the place.  So I decided that they could be my back-up.  I only had to fool Kolissa for a little while.  And it worked.”  SFD explained.
“Warden!”  ms. Liberty shouted.
“Yes, Ms. Liberty.”  The Warden answered in fear.
“What is wrong with your Longbow that they can’t remain out of sight?”  Ms. Liberty asked at the top of her voice.
“Oh, don’t blame them; after all I am an in-truck-mate.”  SFD defended the Longbow.
“Oh, that’s right.  You ARE an incarnate, Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“I can never remember that.”  SFD thought out loud.
“So Dragon, where is Kolissa?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“I dropped her off downstairs somewhere.”  SFD replied.
“Ms. Liberty, the prisoner Kolissa is in custody in the holding area.”  The Warden reported.
“Yeah, something like that.”  SFD commented.
“You fools, I didn’t want her arrested, I want her here so I can assign her the task of organizing our defenses aginst the dragon … “  Ms. Liberty accidently let slip out Kolissa’s true assignment.
“What?  Against little ole me?  And I brought her to you.  Wait, those Longbow weren’t staking out Kolissa’s apartment, they were there to size me up!”  SFD surmised.
“Now, Dragon, it wasn’t like that.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“Of all the dirty, under-handed, low-down, sneaky tricks.  Ms. Liberty, you really are a crafty old gal.”  SFD remarked.
“Crafty what?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“I mean Crafty Old Boss.”  SFD said.
“Keep working on that, Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty interjected.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:25 AM »
“You know, Necrophillia, when I was attacking low level Circle, I was happy.  I didn’t visit the hospital every other day.”  Grav-Knight complained.
“Yes, but what did we learn?”  Ncerophillia asked.
“That YOU are a dangerous woman.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“No, wrong.  Guess again.”  Necrophillia said.
“The Circle of Thorns make really good targets.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Nope, try one more time.”  Necrophillia said.
“Kings Row is a lot safer than this zone.”  Grav-Knight said.
“The correct answer is that the city is filled with dangerous criminals, and you NEVER let down your guard.”  Necrophillia insisted and turned and walked towards the doors.
“I was going to say that, honest.”  Grav-Knight fibbed following her out of the hospital.

Back at Hero Corps HQ

“Ok, Ms. Liberty, I’ve decided that you aren’t completely bonkers for sending Necrophillia as a trainer.”  Super Fire Dragon said.
“Thanks, Dragon, by the way, how is she doing.”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“I don’t know, I’ve been busy lately with capturing Kolissa and planning a coup against … “  SFD started.
“Against who, Dragon?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Oh, no one you would know nobody special.”  SFD replied.
“Against me?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Well, no of course not, don’t be silly.”  SFD lied.
“Ok, let’s keep it that way.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Yes, ok, why not.”  SFD responded.
“So, go do what you’re supposed to do.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“What’s that?”  SFD asked.
“Oversee Necrophillia’s training progress.”  Ms. Liberty said a bit annoyed at the dragon’s forgetfulness.
“Oh, that, no problem.  I thought you meant the other thing.”  SFD said.
“Overthrowing the nobody?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Yes!  I mean no.  Stop confusing the dragon!”  SFD shouted.
“Alright, whatever, just go.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Thank you, Ms. Liberty.”  SFD said as he left Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Ms. Liberty, the prisoner Kolissa wishes to speak with you.”  The Longbow Warden said.
“Show her in.”  Ms. Liberty said as Kolissa stormed into her office, with Longbow fighting each other behind her.
“What is the meaning of this outrage?”  Kolissa fumed.
“Kolissa, did you confuse my Longbow!”  Ms. Liberty raised her voice.
“They’re Longbow, they won’t do much harm!”  Kolissa shouted.
“Kolissa, how dare you barge into my office, attacking my Longbow and shouting at me?”  Ms. Liberty said at the top of her voice.
“How dare you send that fool dragon to bust down my door and drag me to your office to be arrested!”  Kolissa got louder.
“Well, how dare you refuse to take my calls, and when I did get through, you hung up on me?”  Ms. Liberty’s voice got even louder.
“You started it, by sending Necrophillia to train some nut, and expecting the dragon to not rise against you.”  Kolissa shouted as her face turned red.
“Who I send where is MY business.  Not yours.  Not that fool dragon’s”  Ms. Liberty couldn’t shout any louder.
“But, deary it is our business if the leader of Hero Corps has flipped her gasket.”  Kolissa said calmly.
“I guess you have a point.  Sending Necrophillia was risky, but it might pay off big.”  Ms. Liberty said also calming down.
“Ms. Liberty, you really are a crafty ole gal.”  Kolissa said.
“A crafty what?”  Ms. Liberty asked.  Kolissa turned and started for the door.
“I assume I’m free to go.”  Kolissa said.
“Yes, go.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Thanks, you crafty old gal.”  Kolissa said as she shut the door behind her.  Ms. Liberty threw a paper weight at her, but hit the door.
“That woman!”  Ms. Liberty exclaimed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 04:52:41 PM »
"So how did it go?"  Hero Commander asked as Kolissa returned.
"Actually, pretty good.  The Dragon probably won't attack Ms. Liberty so Ms. Liberty probably won't have me do anything for a while."  Kolissa explained.
"That's good to hear."  Hero Commander replied.
"Good job on the door, by the way."  Kolissa said.
"Thanks, deary."  Hero Commander replied.
"You're welcome, Shorty."  Kolissa responded.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 03:52:51 AM »
“Wow, look at you.  You’re a level cheese plus a sofa minus a pair of oars, more or less.”  Super Fire Dragon said in amazement as he landed near where Grav-Knight and Necrophillia were standing in Brickstown.
“Yes, and I owe it all to Necrophillia.  Did you know that the Circle of Thorns has Crey working for them?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Necrophillia?”  SFD questioned.
“What?  He only attacks the Circle of Thorns and their associates.”  Necrophillia defended.
“Ok-ok, I can’t believe how well you two have been getting along.”  SFD commented.
“Yup, Necrophillia hasn’t sent her zombies after me in, let’s see---what time is it, hours now.”  Grav-Knight joked.
“Ha!  Very funny.  Honestly, Dragon, is there anyway I can get out of this assignment?”  Necrophillia whined.
“Ms. Liberty thinks that you will grow from the challenge.  And from what I can see, she is right.”  SFD stated.
“You’re on my list too, Dragon.  So, why are you here, we haven’t seen you in a while?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Necrophillia, we don’t need him.  Now tell me again how the Circle of Thorns becomes the Carnival of Shadows.”  Grav-Knight stated.
“Dragon, don’t look at me like that, PI is our next stop.”  Necrophillia explained.
“I’m not sure that telling stories is the best way to train a hero.”  SFD argued.
“Where’s the harm in letting him in on the secret, ALL villain groups are Circle of Thorns in one way or another?”  Necrophillia asked.
“I was level bacon before I learned that, and it made me cry for a week.”  SFD exclaimed.
“Wow, you are Ms. Liberty’s best operative.”  Necrophillia confirmed.
“Can we go now, Necrophillia, I want to bust some Carnival of Shadows heads.”  Grav-Knight sparkled.
“Necrophillia, maybe you ought to go to Founders’ Falls.  You might find some Circle of Thorns there.”  SFD said as he turned, jumped and flapped his mighty wings and was gone.
“Kid, we are going to Founders’ Falls.”  Necrophillia stated.
“Will there be Circle of Thorns there?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“If there aren’t, I’ll give you my zombies.”  Necrophillia promised.
“What did I do this time?”  Grav-Knight asked fearing another beating from the zombies.
“No, silly.  I would bet my zombies.”  Necrophillia tried to explain.
“You gamble with your zombies?”  Grav-Knight questioned.
“Every time I send them into battle, every time.”  Necrophillia remorsed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 06:39:02 AM »
“Necrophilla, what are those things?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Run you fool!”  Necrophillia shouted.
As the two ran from the Circle of Thorns Behemoths, a sense of camaraderie came over them.  Necrophillia has managed to keep her temper under control by amusing herself with lies about the Circle of Thorns becoming other villain groups.  Grav-Knight has advanced many levels and has felt as though he was vindicating his lost mother, by attacking these higher-level Circle associates.
“Up there!”  Necrophillia shouted pointing to the train station.  As the two made their way up the train entrance ramp, the Behemoths ran right into the police drones.  The police drones are positioned to attack any villains who get too close to the train.  The police drones made quick work of those Behemoths.
“Why didn’t you just kill them, aren’t you a level 53+ Incarnate?”  Grav-Knight yelled.
“Hey, we’re supposed to be training you, not watching me kill low-level stuff.”  Necrophillia explained.
“You were scared.”  Grav-Knight reasoned.
“I was not scared.”  Necrophillia replied indignant.
“You were so scared; did you wet your little pink dress?”  Grav-Knight teased.
“I was not scared!”  Necrophillia shouted.
“Oh, help me, help me; the big bad Behemoth is chasing me!”  Grav-Knight continued to tease in a high girlie voice.
“I WAS NOT SCARED!”  Necrophillia shouted as her eyes turned into red flames.
“Then why did you have the police drones kill them?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Oh, that.  I was teaching you about the police drones.  They come in handy.”  Necrophillia said returning to her normal self and calming down.
“I think I like the police drones.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“And word to the wise.”  Necrophillia added.
“Yes, what is it?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“It might not be a really good idea to tease a necromancer.”  Necrophillia said in a stern voice summoning her zombies.
“I think I just wet my little purple pants.”  Grav-Knight responded in fear.
Necrophillia and her zombies laughed, and then Grav-Knight joined in.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 04:12:27 AM »
“Dragon, I need your help.”  Ms. Liberty said as Super Fire Dragon walked into her office.
“So you do want to see me.  What’s up?”  SFD asked.
“I’m planning a trip to South Korea, and I need to put somebody in-charge until I return.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“I would be honored.”  SFD began.
“No, silly.”  Ms. Liberty interrupted.
“But, you said that you were leaving.”  SFD said befuddled.
“Yes …”  Ms. Liberty said.
“And you need to put somebody in-charge.”  SFD interrupted.
“Yes, but …”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“And the obvious choice …”  SFD said.
“Is Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty interrupted.
“Kolissa?”  SFD asked in disbelief.
“I’ve given this a lot of thought.  Kolissa is a good candidate for the job.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Kolissa hates me right now.  This could be bad for the Dragon.”  SFD admitted.
“I’m sure that you two can work something out.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Well, at least you didn’t say ‘Necrophillia’, I might had to hurt you.”  SFD stated.
“Necrophillia?  Dragon, do I look crazy to you?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Well,when you assigned her as the trainer of that nut who only attacks the Circle, I thought that that you had flipped your gasket.”  SFD admitted.
“Dragon, I assigned Necrophillia, because it was her turn.  And I think that being a trainer might help her to control her temper.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“Oh, and here I had made plans to over-throw you and take over Hero Corps.”  SFD admitted.
“Yes, Dragon, I know.”  Ms. Liberty said sternly.
“And here it was,”  SFD laughed, “It was her turn.”
“Yes, Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty said getting more and more bothered by SFD.
“Oh man, I”  SFD continued laughing, “I was ready to take over.”
“I know, I know.”  Ms. Liberty said controlling her anger.
“You were just helping her,”  SFD laughed on the floor holding his side, “And I was going to have you committed.”
“Dragon, get a hold of yourself!”  Ms. Liberty shouted.
“Ok, ok, I’m fine now.”  SFD said then burst into laughter.
“Oh brother.”  Ms. Libertry commented to herself.
After several minutes, the dragon stopped laughing.
“So why did you call me in here, I forgot.”  SFD said drying his eyes.
“I’m putting Kolissa in-charge until I return from South Korea.”  Ms. Liberty said sternly not liking to repeat herself.
“No!  Kolissa hates me.  Wow!”  SFD said.
“What, Dragon?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“I just had déjà vu.”  SFD admitted.
“Yes, I just told you about my trip and you starting laughing about Necrophillia.”  Ms. Liberty reminded.
“Yes, yes, so why do you hate me?”  SFD asked.
“I’m a trainer.  My job is to train superheroes.  You are a superhero.  You need to learn to trust the head of Hero Corps.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“So, I’m being punished for organizing a coup?”  SFD asked.
“That is one way to look at it.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Can you at least give me a piece of cheese?”  SFD pleaded.
“In the corner fridge.”  Ms. Liberty said as she picked up the phone on her desk.
“Thanks.”  SFD said as he took the cheese and headed out the door.
“Hello, is Kolissa there?”  Ms. Liberty asked into the phone.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
"Who may I say is calling, please."  Hero Commander said imitating a telephone operator from the 1950's.
"You know who this is."  Ms. Liberty said not amused.
"Is she expecting your call?"  hero Commander said in that same voice.
Ms. Liberty hung up the phone, gathered up some papers from her desk and left her office.
"Follow me."  Ms. Liberty said to some Longbow as she left the Hero Corps building.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
“Holy moly!”  Kolissa exclaimed as she looked out her apartment window at the pretty autumn colors.
“What’s the problem?”  Hero Commander asked as he throw the dish towel onto the counter and joined Kolissa window side.
“Ms. Liberty is approaching …”  Kolissa started.
“With half the Longbow intow.”  Hero Commander interrupted finishing Kolissa’s sentence.
“What did that Dragon do now?”  Kolissa wondered out loud.
“Should I bar the door?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Let’s hear her out.”  Kolissa said.
“Then we can attack.”  Hero Commander said.
“Yeah, call your mercs.”  Kolissa ordered.
“Ok, but they are not mercenaries, they are heroes.”  Hero Commander defended.
“Whatever.”  Kolissa shrugged.
“Kolissa, I know that you’re in there.”  Ms. Liberty said over a bullhorn.
“What does she want?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Quiet.”  Kolissa said straining to hear.
“Come out here peacefully or we will come in.”  Ms. Liberty continued.
“Shorty, did Ms. Liberty call earlier?”  Kolissa asked.
“Yes, I gave her the run-around.”  Hero Commander explained.
“That was for when we knew she wanted me to attack Super Fire Dragon!”  Kolissa shouted.
“So, you wanted to talk to her?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Well, nobody really wants to talk to her.”  Kolissa answered.
“Kolissa, pick up the phone; this is your last chance.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
Just then the phone started ringing.
“I’ll get it.”  Hero Commander said.
“I’ll get it.”  Kolissa said sternly.  She picked up the handset and said, “Hello.”
“Kolissa, this is Ms. Liberty.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Ah, Ms. Liberty, how nice of you to call, deary.”  Kolissa replied.
“Don’t you hang up on me.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“Deary, how may I help you?  You seem so determined.”  Kolissa cooed.
“Kolissa, report to my office in one hour.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“Deary, wouldn’t miss it for all the tea in New Mexico.”  Kolissa stated.
“Ummmm, ok, I will be back to arrest you if you fail to show up.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
“Oh you do say the cutest things, deary.”  Kolissa dismissed.
“One hour!”  Ms. Liberty shouted and hung up the phone.
“It appears that I am wanted at Hero Corps HQ.”  Kolissa stated.
“Is that all she wanted, she could’ve just telephoned.”  Hero Commander said.
They both laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 07:11:52 AM »
“Kolissa, glad you could tear your self away for awhile to meet with me.”  Ms. Liberty snapped.
“Deary, you are a top priority.”  Kolissa said as she sat in front of Ms. Liberty’s desk.
“Yes, well I’m leaving for South Korea, and I need to put somebody in-charge until I return.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Not the dragon!”  Kolissa shot back.
“Why does everybody assume that I would put the dragon in-charge?”  Ms. Liberty questioned.
“For the love of god woman, not Necrophillia!”  Kolissa shouted.
“Calm yourself.  I want to put you in-charge.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Have you flipped your gasket?  That is the worst possible … do you me mean?”  Kolissa replied.
“Yes, silly.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Oh well, that’s different, most wise and powerful leader.”  Kolissa grabbled.
“Ok, ok, I’ve already decided to pick you, you don’t have to ingratiate yourself to me.”  Ms. Liberty responded.
“Right.”  Kolissa replied.
Ms. Liberty explained the duties and the responsibilities that Kolissa would have to fulfill to be the head of Hero Corp and the leader of the Longbow.  She also told her about the various projects and assignments going on with few exceptions.  Ms. Liberty never tells everything to anybody.  She did give her use of her car and driver, her private helicopter and pilot and her Atlas Park studio apartment that Ms. Liberty uses when pressing matters don’t allow her to retreat to her home on Talos Island.
“Ms. Liberty, I am honored that you picked me to take-over for you.”  Kolissa said.
“While I’m away.  Say it, ‘While I’m away.’”  Ms. Liberty stressed.
“Yes, that’s what I said.”  Kolissa said.
“I’m not leaving until I hear you say that you understand that this is only until I return.”  Ms. Liberty said sternly.
“Deary, trust me.  You have nothing to worry about.”  Kolissa replied.
“Say it.”  Ms. Liberty said getting annoyed.
“Deary, I have no intention of doing anything dishonest.”  Kolissa said warmly.
“Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
“Fine, I am honored to take-over for you while you’re away, and until your return.”  Kolissa said almost mockingly.
“That’s better.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Deary, you really know how to take the fun out of a situation.”  Kolissa said.
Ms. Liberty said goodbye, and walked out of her office.  She left the Hero Corps HQ building and took a taxi to the airport.
Kolissa got up, looked out the window to watch Ms. Liberty leave.  She then proceeded to sit in Ms. Liberty’s chair.
“Hello, whoever is on the other end of this, get in here.”  Kolissa said into the intercom on Ms. Liberty’s desk.
“Yes, Ms. … Kolissa, coming right away, Ms. … Kolissa.”  Fred, Ms. Liberty’s assistant, said.
“What’s your name?”  Kolissa asked as Fred entered Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Fred Durks; I’m Ms. Liberty’s personal assistant.”  Fred said getting used to the idea of working for a big scary Arachnos Widow.
“Great, Fred.  Have Super Fire Dragon report to my office.  And have Necrophillia report in after he leaves.  Send the car to pick-up Hero Commander from my apartment on Founders’ Falls.  Order dinner for two, the best lobster in this dump.  And get me the file on ‘Kolissa’.”  Kolissa barked orders.
“Ms. Liberty left specific instructions that any file about you was to be sealed.”  Fred said.
“Durks, deary, do you enjoy pain.”  Kolissa asked.
“Well, no.”  Fred replied.
“As my assistant, you must do as I tell you, right?”  Kolissa asked.
“Well, yes, but no, I mean within reason.”  Fred admitted.
“So if I ordered you to put your hand on a hot griddle, you would have to do it?”  Kolissa asked.
“That is absurd, I would just quit before …”  Fred started.  Kolissa begun to confuse him.
“Fred, put your hand on this hot griddle.”  Kolissa ordered.
Fred walked over to the little kitchen area and turned the griddle on.
“Your left hand, you are right handed.”  Kolissa asked.
“I obey.”  Fred said, and he put his left hand on the hot griddle.  A few seconds later he jerked away and let out a scream.
“That was a sample, Fred, now go tend to your hand.”  Kolissa ordered.
Fred went running out of Ms. Liberty’s office and got the first aid kit.  After he treated his wounds, he did everything Kolissa had asked, except he didn’t hand the file over.
“Hiya, Fred.  What happened to your hand?”  Super Fire Dragon asked.
“Oh, nothing, I burnt it shaving.”  Fred lied.
“Whatever.”  SFD said.  He knew that Fred was lying, but why would anybody lie about how they got hurt.  SFD didn’t understand what was going on.
“Welcome, Dragon, do sit down.”  Kolissa said.
“Hey, temp boss, what’s up?”  SFD asked.
“Dragon, I need you to go to Monster Island, and bring back mushrooms.”  Kolissa said.
“Mushrooms, you can go to the store and buy mushrooms.”  SFD questioned.
“Yes, but Monster Island Mushrooms are the best.  Kill some giant monsters while you’re there.”  Kolissa said.
“This sounds like a very dangerous mission.”  SFD stated.
“That’s why I want the best operative we got on it.”  Kolissa said.
“Ok, I’ll do it.”  SFD said smugly.  Super Fire Dragon got up from his chair and left the office.
“Fred, did you get that file?”  Kolissa asked over the intercom.
“I’m still looking for it.”  Fred lied.
“Deary, perhaps you need some motivation to find it faster.”  Kolissa threatened.
“No, no, please, no, it just takes time.”  Fred pleaded.
“I need that file, today.”  Kolissa shouted.
“What kind of mood is she in?”  Necrophillia asked as she walked towards Ms. Liberty’s office.
“You can never tell.”  Fred said hiding his left hand out of shame.
“Deary, I can’t believe Ms. Liberty left you in-charge.”  Necrophillia said imitating Kolissa.
“Cute, come in.”  Kolissa said.
“Ok, I’m here, what do you want?”  Necrophillia asked.
“We had heard some troubling stories from Dark Astoria.  I need you to go in there and kick butt.”  Kolissa said.
“Dark Astoria?  Are you sure?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Yes, it will build character.”  Kolissa said.
“Well, yes boss, I’ll go.”  Necrophillia said.
“Great.”  Kolissa said.
Necrophillia left Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Fred, get in here.”  Kolissa said over the intercom.
Fred walked into Ms. Liberty’s office with a note pad and pen.
“What do you need?”  Fred asked.
“It is not what I need.  It is what do you need?”  Kolissa asked.
“How about a vacation?”  Fred asked.
“Funny.  No, what do you need to get me that file?”  Kolissa demanded.
“I’m working on it.”  Fred replied.
“Fred, have you ever stood on a hot griddle?”  Kolissa asked.
“I’ll go get that file, now.”  Fred said in a panic.
Fred scurried out of Ms. Liberty’s office fearing another dose of Kolissa’s confusion power.
“I’m sure she is expecting me.”  Hero Commander said as he approached Fred’s desk.
“Yes, go right in.”  Fred said.
“Kolissa, look at you.”  Hero Commander said as he walked into Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Hey, Shorty.  I ordered dinner.”  Kolissa said.
“I thought that we would go out.”  Hero Commander said.
“No, I have a pressing matter to attend to.  I need to stay in the office.”  Kolissa said.
“A pressing matter, wow?  Something big is brewing, no wonder Fred looked so upset.”  Hero Commander said.
“Fred that worm!  What did he tell you?”  Kolissa exclaimed.
“Nothing, nothing why are you so tense.”  Hero Commander said.
“Look, Shorty, everything is ok.  I just need to stay here, I promised Ms. Liberty, and I’m trying to get the hang of things.”  Kolissa explained.
“Can I help?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Yes, take my mind off work for awhile.”  Kolissa stated.
In the outer office, Fred sat at his desk staring at Kolissa’s file, and icing his burned palm.  Although he doesn’t know what is in that file, Ms. Liberty told him not to give it to Kolissa.  He has been around Hero Corps long enough to know that almost every super has a confidential file that must be protected.  His hand hurt.  He didn’t even remember turning on the griddle, but there he was just holding his hand on that heating surface when he woke-up out of the confusion Kolissa cast on him.  She pretty much could make him do anything.  After all, it’s only a lousy stinking file.  What harm could it do?
“Lobster dinner for two, where should I setup?”  The server asked.
Fred held up one finger and picked up the phone.
“Kolissa, the food is here.”  Fred said into the intercom.
“Go right in.”  Fred said to the server as he hung up the phone.
Kolissa and Hero Commander ate.
Fred continued thinking about that file and his hand and whatever else she might do to him.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 02:03:31 AM »
After several defeats and trips to the hospital, Super Fire Dragon had an idea.
“Necrophillia, Necrophillia, calling Necrophillia, pick-up already.”  SFD said into his communicator wrist-watch.
“Dragon, give me a chance to answer.”  Necrophillia replied via the communicator.
“Yeah, Kolissa sent me here to get mushrooms, on Monster Island.”  SFD said.
“Wow, I’m fighting level 54’s in Dark Astoria.”  Necrophillia replied.
“How’s it going?”  SFD asked.
“Lousy.  How’s yours going?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Wonderfully, for the monsters.”  SFD responded.
“Maybe we should get together, team up?”  Necrophillia suggested.
“Yeah, wait a minute.  I was hatched at night, but it wasn’t last night.”  SFD stated.
“What are you talking about, Dragon?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Kolissa send the best operatives on fool’s errands, to get us out of the way.”  SFD explained.
“You’re right, so?”  Necrophillia asked.
“So we wouldn’t be around to stop her.”  SFD exclaimed.
“Stop her from doing what?”  Necrophillia asked, trying to keep up with the dragon’s train of thought.
“Son of a tabby!”  SFD shouted.
“What?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Necrophillia, meet me at Hero Corps HQ.  Fred’s hand was burned.”  SFD explained.
“I don’t follow.”  Necrophillia said.
“Kolissa is trying to force Ms. Liberty’s personal assistant to do something that he doesn’t want to do; that Ms. Liberty doesn’t want done.”  SFD expounded as he made his way to the base portal.
“Maybe she is having a relapse from that trip through hell her soul took.  I’m on my way.”  Necrophillia said ending the communicator call and firing up her long range teleporter.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 03:44:24 AM »
“Fred, deary, send for the car.  Hero Commander will be returning home.”  Kolissa cooed over the intercom.
“Yes, Kolissa.  Right away.”  Fred replied over the intercom.
“That was the best lobster dinner I have ever had.”  The Hero Commander commented.
“Yes, Shorty, I think I just might like filling in for old what’s her face.”  Kolissa said.
“Ms. Liberty.  Stay right where you are HC.”  Super Fire Dragon shouted as he burst into the room.
“I tried to stop him, Ms. … Kolissa, but my hand hurts.”  Fred said.
“Dragon, what is the meaning of this?”  The Hero Commander insisted.
“Well, Fred’s hand hurts so much that he didn’t try as hard as he could have with two good hands.”  SFD explained.
“No you fool, why did you barge in here?”  The Hero Commander asked.
“Ask Kolissa why Fred’s hand hurts.”  SFD said.
“Dragon, don’t be silly.  Shorty and I just finished supper.  Now go away.”  Kolissa stated.
“Fred, why does your hand hurt.”  SFD asked.
“Well, I …”  Fred looking at Kolissa saw a glimmer of don’t you dare in her eyes.
“Kolissa, I think the Dragon thinks that you have something to do with Fred’s hand.”  The Hero Commander said confused.
“Alright, I’ll tell you.  Ms. Liberty left and Fred thought that he ran the place.  Honestly, I had to put the fear of Kolissa into him.”  Kolissa said.
“Dragon, is she telling the truth?”  The Hero Commander said remembering that dragons have built-in lie detectors.
“Well, No and yes and maybe.  Spiders are tricky.”  SFD stumbled.
“I don’t need a lie detector, deary, detain her.”  Necrophillia said as she entered the room and sent her zombies to surround Kolissa.
“Don’t!”  SFD said seeing Hero Commander start to summons his pets.
“Ok, what is going on here?”  The Hero Commander demanded.
“Ok, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with cheese.  She’s guilty alright.”  SFD said.
“What?”  Fred, Hero Commander, Necrophillia and Kolissa said.
“Both Necrophillia and the dragon, me, were sent on fool’s missions to get us out of the way.  Fred’s hand is hurt.  What more do you need?”  SFD asked.
“Well, details would be helpful.”  The Hero Commander said.
“Let me try, we think that Kolissa is trying to force Fred into doing something that Ms. Liberty doesn’t want done.”  Necrophillia explained.
“So you think she sent you away so that she could do whatever it is that she wants done?”  The Hero Commander asked.
“That’s what I said.”  SFD said.
“Well that’s ridiculous, want would Kolissa want so badly?”  The Hero Commander asked.
“The file on her.”  Fred said.
“Why you little.”  Kolissa realized that she just let the cat out of the bag.
“So it’s true.”  The Hero Commander said shocked.
Kolissa cast confusion and Necrophilliia’s zombies began fighting each other.  Super Fire Dragon cast a ring of fire around Kolissa so she wouldn’t get away.  Hero Commander summoned his heroes to guard Kolissa.
“Foiled again, by that stupid dragon.”  Kolissa said.
“Why?  Why did you do it?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Remember when I dressed Hero Commander in that Bo Peep costume?”  Kolissa asked.
“Well yes, it was so funny.”  Necrophillia laughed.
“It wasn’t THAT funny.”  Hero Commander replied.
“Yes, it was.”  SFD chimed in.
“Anyway, Shorty asked me to destroy all the photographs.  There are a few in my file and in his file.”  Kolissa confessed.
“All this for me?”  Hero Commander asked.
“Yes, Shorty, I swear.  Check my file, you’ll see.”  Kolissa said.
“I hate to break up the touching moment, but can some one call a doctor for my hand?”  Fred asked.
They all laughed, except Fred.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 04:03:41 AM »
“Is it me or is this brie very good?”  Super Fire Dragon asked.
“Have you tried the Munster?  Heaven!”  Necrophillia replied.
“You guys should try the lobster.”  The Hero Commander interjected.
“Hello!  Hello, who is this?  Send up a couple lobster dinners.”  SFD said into Ms. Liberty’s desk intercom.
“Right away.”  A voice answered back.
“Here is the champagne you ordered.”  A waiter said as he wheeled in a service cart.
“Let me open it, I love it when the cork flies across the room.”  Necrophillia said snapping to her feet from the settee.
“Sorry Madame, I took the liberty.”  The waiter said.
“Give it back!”  Necrophillia demanded.
“Do as she says, you wouldn’t like her when she gets angry.”  SFD suggested.
“But Monsieur, it is impossible.”  The waiter said.
“Fine, bring up two dozen more bottles---unopened.”  Necrophillia countered.
“Would the Madame be happier with a pop gun?”  The waiter said degradingly.
“Now you’ve done it.”  The Hero Commander said duck under Ms. Liberty’s desk.
“Does the pop gun shoot a cork across the room breaking things it hits?”  Necrophillia asked very calmly.
“Of course not.”  The waiter answered.
“Then bring up the champagne.”  Necrophillia shouted.
“Right away.”  The waiter scurried away leaving the service cart.
“You can come out from between my legs now.”  SFD told The Hero Commander.
“Very funny.”  The Hero Commander said as he climbed out from under Ms. Liberty’s desk.
“Thought you might want to know, I’ll be the receptionist for the next shift.  Any orders?”  Gordon said over the intercom from the outer office.
“Gordon Bennett!”  SFD exclaimed.
“No sir.  Gordon Tompkins.  Fred had to leave for some medical thing.”  Gordon said.
“We are having a party celebrating, celebrating.  What was that guy you were training?  Did he make 50?”  SFD asked.
“Oh, yeah, Grav-Knight.  Yeah he made 50.  He wanted to become an incarnate.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Yeah, we’re celebrating Grav-Knight becoming an incarnate and we wish to not be disturb except by waiters.” SFD said into the intercom.
“Well, ok, but the budget report is due tomorrow as is the Longbow deployments report.”  Gordon reminded.
“Were last month’s reports adequate?”  SFD asked.
“Well yes.”  Gordon replied.
“Great, re-submit those, but change the date, got it?”  SFD ordered.
“I suppose, I could mark them tentative, that way a sober person can amend them.  Gordon out.”  Gordon said.
“That Gordon, always thinking of others.”  SFD said.
“Yes, he is loads better than that Fred guy, always whining about his hand.”  Necrophillia said.
“Hey, let’s play musical chairs.”  The Hero Commander suggested.
“No, let’s not.”  Necrophillia said sternly.
“Why?”  The Hero Commander asked.
“Super Fire Dragon cheats.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Oh, I’m used to that.  Kolissa never lost.  Kolissa always cheated.”  The Hero Commander stated.
“Not like SFD, he puts fire circles around the chairs.”  Necrophillia stated.
“Oh, I promise to not do that.  I’ll just sit here and go through Ms. Liberty’s drawers.”  SFD said finishing off another cheese plate.
“Ha!  If I didn’t know what he meant, I might think he meant something else.”  The Hero Commander stated.
“Get your mind out of the gutter.”  Necrophillia said.
“I guess I have been hanging around Kolissa too much.”  The Hero Commander admitted.
“Hey, Dragon when are we going to let her out of jail?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Just keep remembering Dark Astoria.”  SFD replied.
“Let her rot!”  Necrophillia shouted.
“Here are your lobster dinners, but there are only two.”  A waiter said as he wheeled in a service cart.
“Not to worried, I’m eating for two.”  SFD said.
“Should I bring up two more dinners?”  The waiter asked.
“Dragon, one of them is mine.”  Necrophillia exclaimed.
“I already had one, thanks.”  The Hero Commander said.
“I’ll let you serve yourselves.”  The waiter said as he ran out of the room frightened by the dragon and the necromancer.
“Nice fellow, give him a tip.”  SFD said gnawing on a lobster.
“So, HC, are you still in love with Kolissa?”  Necrophillia asked eating the lobster the correct way.
“Why yes.  You see I understand her.  I believe that she just wanted to destroy those pictures in her file.”  The Hero Commander stated.
“You believe that gunk?”  Necrophillia asked shocked.
“Easy way to find out.”  SFD said.  “Fred, Gordon, you in the red tie.  Get me Kolissa’s file.”  SFD said into the intercom.
“My Mother gave me this tie.  Sorry, Super Fire Dragon, Kolissa’s file is sealed as evidence.”  Gordon replied via the intercom.
“Oh, sorry to hear that your Mother is color blind and has no taste.”  SFD replied.
“Hey.  I don’t have to take this abuse.”  Gordon replied.
“I was testing you, good job.”  SFD said neverously and hung up.
“Dragon, that was mean.”  Necrophillia said.
“Funny, but mean.”  The Hero Commander added.
“Gordon, I’m sorry about your Mother.”  SFD said into the intercom.  “There is that better?”  SFD said to The Hero Commander and Necrophillia.
“No, not really.”  Necrophillia replied.
“Ok Dragon, I accept.”  Gordon said over the intercom.
“Ok, yes then.”  Necrophillia said.
“Gordon understands the dragon better than most people.  They worked on a case together once.”  The Hero Commander said.
“Oh, look at the time.  We have better go.  There is one question unanswered though.”  SFD said.
“Really, what question is that?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Shall we use the car or … the helicopter?”  SFD asked gleaming.
“Oh Dragon, I love you.”  Necrophillia said forgetting her usual preference.
“I vote whirly-flopter.”  The Hero Commander said.
“Here is your champagne, unopened as you ordered.”  A waiter said wheeling in a service cart.
“Never mind that now; we need the heli-chopper.”  Necrophillia stated.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 03:16:40 AM »
A well groomed man in a white coat carrying a clipboard with a stethoscope having around his neck entered Fred’s hospital room.  Looking at the papers on the clipboard, the man spoke.
“Are you Fred Durks?”
“Yes, I am.”  Fred said wondering what this doctor was going to do to him.
“I see your hand is bangaged.  This might sound like a dumb question, but was that the hand that was hurt?”  The man asked.
“Yes, doc, it was burned by an electric griddle.”  Fred answered trying to be helpful.
“You seem to be in good spirits, how are you feeling?”  The man asked.
“Great.”  Fred said slurring a drink through a straw.
“How is your pain, do you need more meds?”  The man asked.
“No, the pain is good.”  Fred answered.
“Ok, can you sign here and here?”  The man asked handing Fred a pen and holding the clipboard in front of him.
Fred looked at the paper and signed.
“Oh, and sign here too.”  The Man instructed.
After signing, Fred said, “I saw the word ‘Release’ on that.  Does that mean I can go home?”  Fred asked.
“Oh, I wouldn’t know about that.”  The man answered.
“Well, who are you?”  Fred asked.
“Chip Whitley, I am a member of the law firm Chris Jenkins & Associates.  I represent a superhero named, Kolissa.”  Chip answered.
“What did I just sign?”  Fred asked in horror.
“Nothing really.  You just released one Kolissa from any responsibility for the incident involving your hand.  Good day.”  Chip said as he walked out.
“KOLISSA!”  Fred cried.
Fred’s hand hurt a little bit more just then.  Fred had received the medical treatment necessary to fully restore his hand to proper functioning.  Only now, he couldn’t sue Kolissa for damages without a tough legal fight.  Spiders is tricky.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 04:05:16 AM »
“Gordon!  What the pancake happened in my office?”  Ms. Liberty shouted as she returned to her office in the beautiful Hero Corps Headquarters building.
“Ms. Liberty, I’m so glad you’re back.  Super Fire Dragon can be so draining.”  Gordon responded.
“Super Fire Dragon, I might have known. But I left Kolissa in-charge so this sort of thing wouldn’t happen.”  Ms. Liberty reasoned out loud.
“Yes, Kolissa in resting comfortable, at last report, in the detention center down stairs.”  Gordon informed.
“Why is Kolissa in the detention center?  No, don’t answer that.  Get me Super Fire Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“Right away.”  Gordon said scurrying to his desk.
“And get somebody up here to clean up this mess.”  Ms. Liberty shouted after him.
“Yes, Ms. Liberty.”  Gordon replied.
“Is that?  There’s cheese on the ceiling!”  Ms. Liberty shouted.
“Yes, they wanted to see if cheese could fly.”  Gordon explained.
“I’ll go see Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty sighed walking towards the elevators.
After the car arrived, and Ms. Liberty walked in, she was taken to the detention center.
“Where is the prisoner, Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty asked the guard at the front desk.
“Cell block ‘A’, Section ‘D’, Floor 3.  Be careful, there is a superpower deactivation field in effect up there.”  The guard rattled off.
“Thanks.”  Ms. Liberty said making her way to the mentioned area where Kolissa was being held.
“Ms. Liberty!  What are you doing down here, slumming?”  Kolissa shouted when she caught a glimpse of that red, white and blue costume she wears.
“Kolissa, behind bars, you never looked better.”  Ms. Liberty returned.
“Deary, just wait until I get my hands on that dragon, I’ll look positively radiant.”  Kolissa cooed.
“Why did he have you locked up?  I mean, was it something new?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Who knows?  Fred hurt his hand, and the next thing I know, Super Fire Dragon is taking over.”  Kolissa lied.
“You poor dear.  I’ll see if I can make you more comfortable.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Get me the pancake out of here.”  Kolissa ordered.
“I can’t release you without a hearing.  I can’t convene a hearing board right now.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“How long?”  Kolissa said impatiently.
“Just a few days.”  Ms. Liberty started.
Kolissa lounged at the cell door trying to grab Ms. Liberty.
“Temper, temper.”  Ms. Liberty said walking away.
“SUPER FIRE DRAGON!!!!”  Kolissa yelled.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2016, 02:25:15 AM »
“You wanted to see me, oh great and wise leader.”  Super Fire Dragon said as he walked into Ms. Liberty’s freshly cleaned office.
“Yes, Super Fire Dragon, have a seat.  Can I get you anything, cheese perhaps?”  Ms. Liberty laid it on thick.
“Cheese would hit the spot.”  SFD replied.
“With or without ceiling tiles?”  Ms. Liberty responded sternly.
“Gulp.”  SFD swallowed hard.
“Dragon, what went on here?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Well, I can explain.”  SFd started.
“I’m listening.”  Ms. Liberty interrupted.
“Well, it’s simple really.  Necrophilia’s zombies get bored so easily.”  SFD stated.
“I see.”  Ms. Liberty said expectingmore details.
“Funny story, lobster doesn’t work as paint.”  SFD continued.
“Dragon, can you connect some dots here?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Ok, let’s see, yes.  We were going to take the helicopter, but Hero Commander gets air sick.”  SFD added.
“Let me try to explain what happened.”  Ms. Liberty interjected.
“Well, whatever, it is your office.”  SFD acknowledged.
“You and Necrophillia came in here, had Kolissa arrested and then proceeded to party.  Trashing my office in the process.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“No, I was already here when Hero Commander suggested we try the lobster.  And that’s the truth.”  SFD defended.
“Dragon, why did you have Kolissa arrested?”  Ms. Liberty asked with her head in her hands.
“Oh, well we were sent away, and Hero Commander wanted the pictures destroyed.  Personally, I don’t believe her.”  SFD explained.
“Dragon, I know that you are making sense in your own head, but can you fill-in between the major points?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Ok, ok, Kolissa calls me up.  I came over and she gives me an assignment.  So, I’m like great.  Well then I realize that I need help on Monster Island.”  SFD began.
“Wait, you had a mission on Monster Island?”  Ms. Liberty asked for clarification.
“Yes, to get mushrooms.  So, I call up Necrophillia, and she wants my help in Dark Astoria.  Well, my mind quickly put 2 and 2 together and came up with cheese.  Kolissa must be doing something wrong.”  SFD explained.
“Dragon, someday they ought to write a book about how your mind works.”  Ms. Liberty.
“Thanks!  So I remember that Fred had a bandage on his hand.  That’s when I knew for sure.”  SFD explained.
“Knew what for sure?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Kolissa!  Honestly, try to keep up.  Now where was I?”  SFD asked.
“You lost me again.  And Dragon, what did I tell you about respecting those in authority?”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“Oh, sorry.  Try to friggin keep up, boss.”  SFD said disingenuously.
“Dragon, you forget that your brain sees connections that humans don’t get right away.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“You’re right.  I see the whole thing as a 3-D jig-saw puzzle made out of events and people.”  SFD expounded.
“So, what made you suspect that Kolissa was to blame?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Ok, me and Necrophillia were sent away from HQ.  We could have helped Kolissa run the day to day operation, but no.  Kolissa wanted us out of the way.”  SFD re-started.
“Oh, now it makes more sense.  Of course, but how did Fred hurt his hand?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“That I don’t know, but 5 will get you smoke that Kolissa might have used confusion on poor Fred.”  SFD guessed.
“So you’re saying that Fred might have hurt his own hand under the influence of one of Kolissa’s powers?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“It stands to reason.  Kolissa wanted something, something that Fred tried to not give her.”  SFD continued.
“The files!”  Ms. Liberty gasped.  “Gordon, bring me Kolissa’s file.”  Ms. Liberty said into the intercom.
“Sorry, that file has been sealed as evidence.”  Gordon said over the intercom.
Nobody laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:10 AM »
“Necrophillia, I have a huge favor to ask you.”  Ms. Liberty said as Necrophillia walked into her office.
“Ms. Liberty, I would do anything for you.”  Necrophillia boasted.
“Glad to hear it.  I need you to take the rap for Kolissa.”  Ms. Liberty blurted it out.
“What?  No way.  Are you crazy?”  Necrophillia balked.
“Hear me out.”  Ms. Liberty began.
“This is like asking someone or put on somebody else’s dirty clothes.  I won’t do it.”  Necrophillia complained.
“Creepy as usual.  Listen, Hero Corps has enough on you to send you back to Cole.”  Ms. Liberty snapped.
“What size does she wear?”  Necrophillia asked sheepishly.
“Look, I have a very important mission for Super Fire Dragon and Kolissa.  I need her.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“You want me to go to jail for something I didn’t even do.”  Necrophillia marveled.
“I know that Kolissa has obtained, through trickery no doubt, releases of liability from Fred.  Pinning this on her will take some time.  However, a nice frame up of you, with your cooperation, would be a chinch.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“Interesting, but I will need assurances that …”  Necrophillia began.
“Sorry.”  Ms. Liberty interrupted.
“No assurances?”  Necrophillia asked in amazement.
“This deal is underhanded enough, but if a paper trail were discovered, I would be looking for a job as a waitress at Denny’s or IHOP.”  Ms. Liberty confused.
“What’s to stop me from going to the authorities now?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Well deary, this room is secure and sound proof.  You were checked for listening devices.  You don’t know who the proper authorities are, and Hero Corps would charge you with everything we got, real or fabricated.”  Ms. Liberty expounded.
“Yikes, I thought you were the good guys.”  Necrophillia replied.
“The end justifies the means.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“So just to clarify, what are my choices again?”  Necrophillia asked.
“You have two choices.  First, cooperate in the frame-up, and get sent to jail.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“Ummm, you said ‘two choices’, what’s the other choice?”  Necrophillia asked.
“Fool, there isn’t any other choice for you.”  Ms. Liberty scolded.
“I’ll do it!”  Necrophillia shouted with fake enthusiasm.
“Necrophillia, you are doing well.”  Ms. Liberty chuckled.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 05:34:59 AM »
“Fred, welcome back to work, we missed you.”  Ms. Liberty gushed as Fred returned to his desk.
“Thank you, Ms. Liberty.  That means a lot.”  Fred said.
“Now, get me the files on Talos Island regarding the Grav-Knight incident.  Order brunch, cantaloupe and cottage cheese should be nice.  Have my car serviced, the dragon had a little accident involving cheese.  And schedule an appointment with the Paragon City mayor.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“Right away.”  Fred replied picking up the phone.
“I’ll be in my office.  Oh and Kolissa will be stopping by.”  Ms. Liberty said as she shut her door behind her.
“Kolissa?”  Fred exclaimed.
A little while later the elevator dinged and the doors opened.  Kolissa stepped out and walked towards Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Do you have an appointment?”  Fred asked gritting his teeth.
“I am always welcome here, deary, unlike certain other dragons, which I won’t mention again.”  Kolissa responded.
“Go in.”  Fred said whispering “and die” under his breath.
“Thank you, I shall ‘go in’.”  Kolissa said as she opened Ms. Liberty’s office door.
“Kolissa, get in here.”  Ms. Liberty snapped.
“What’s wrong, deary?”  Kolissa asked closing the door.
“Don’t tease Fred.  He has been through enough.”  Ms. Liberty ordered.
“Oh, I hadn’t begun to give him enough.”  Kolissa laughed.
“Here’s the deal, Necrophillia has admitted to burning Fred’s hand.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“What?”  Kolissa asked stunned.
“Hero Corps will pay Fred for his pain and medical bills to avoid a Jenkins and company type law-suit.”  Ms. Liberty added.
“Great, but.”  Kolissa said still confused.
“She will spend 6 months in prison and be reduced to a level 45.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“Serves her right …”  Kolissa began.
“Any hero inflicting harm on law abiding citizens must be punished.”  Ms. Liberty interrupted.
“Ms. Liberty, what are you trying to say?”  Kolissa asked.
“We know it was you.  We know those releases are fake on the count of subterfuge.  We just can’t prove it.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“I assure you that any releases that I may or may not have are legal binding.”  Kolissa said offended.
“Be that as it may be, deary, I’m sending you on an important mission in South Korea.”  Ms. Liberty informed.
“Great, I so much need to get away from that dragon, deary.”  Kolissa acknowledged.
“Funny you should say that.”  Ms. Liberty began.
“No.  Ms. Liberty, no.  Have a heart.”  Kolissa pleaded.
“That’s right; you will be accompanying Super Fire Dragon---as his assistant.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
“Deary, you do have a mean streak, you know that.”  Kolissa replied.
“It’s called justice.”  Ms. Liberty said.
Kolissa stormed out.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 03:20:09 AM »
“Ms. Liberty, thank you for seeing me.”  Grav-Knight said as he sat down in Ms. Liberty’s office.
“My door is always open for members of the Hero Corps.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“No offense intended, but every time I hear that name, I think how gay it sounds.”  Grav-Knight commented.
“Do you own a mirror?  Your skin-tight grape-ple body suit could get you lots of attention in a certain corner of Pocket D.”  Ms. Liberty suggested.
“I see your point.”  Grav-Knight said.
“So why did you want to see me?”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“I just came up here to tell you that Necrophillia was an excellent trainer, and I want to help her get out of this mess she is in.”  Grav-Knight replied.
“I’m glad to hear that you and Necrophillia were able to get along and work together.”  Ms. Liberty responded.
“What is her bail?  I have saved some influence.”  Grav-Knight started.
“Oh, there is no bail.”  Ms.Liberty interrupted.
“Look, I can pay under the table or whatever.  Just name the amount.”  Grav-Knight insisted.
“You don’t understand.  First, Hero Corps is an honorable institution based upon the principles of justice, fair-play, honesty and freedom.  Second, Necrophillia viciously attacked a law abiding citizen without provocation.  Lastly, I have way more influence than you could dream of.  I’m the one who set the influence cap at 2 billion.  My grandfather wanted it to be 100 million, but I fought hard to get it to that much for the ordinary superhero.  I don’t like to brag, but 2 billion is chicken feed to me.”  Ms. Liberty bragged.
“Who is your grandfather?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“The great Statesman himself.”  Ms. Liberty said proudly.
“I apologize if I implied that Hero Corps was less than honorable.”  Grav-Knight back-peddled.
“Apology accepted.”  Ms. Liberty remarked.
“May I visit Necrophillia?”  Grav-Knight said beginning to be fearfull of Ms. Liberty.
“Of course, of course.”  Ms. Liberty answered.  “Escort Grav-Knight to the detention center, so he can visit Necrophillia.”  Ms. Liberty said into her intercom.
Grav-Knight stood up and offered his hand for a handshake with Ms. Liberty.  They shook hands and Grav-Knight turned towards the door.  Just then two Longbow burst into the office and seized Grav-Knight.
“He wanted to bribe me to let Necrophillia go.  Lock him up.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“What?  Ms. Liberty, why are you doing this?”  Grav-Knight cried.
“I don’t need loose ends right now.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“I think your hair looks fine.”  One of the Longbow said.
They all laughed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:19:00 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 04:57:41 AM »
“Hey, Boss.  Got any cheese?”  Super Fire Dragon asked as he strolled into Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Hello, Ms. Liberty.  We need a moment of your time.”  The Fattinator said.
“I just said that.”  SFD snapped.
“No.  No, you didn’t.”  The Fattinator fired back.
“Look, I know what I said.”  SFD returned.
“I don’t think you do.”  The Fattinator shot back.
“Ok, maybe not those exact words.”  SFD quipped.
“How does ‘Got any cheese’ mean ‘a moment of your time‘?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Well, it would take a moment to get the cheese on time.”  SFD explained as only he can.
“Oh brother.”  The Fattinator remarked.
“Will you please stop saying that?  I’m not your brother.”  SFD insisted.
“We are here to talk to Ms. Liberty not rehash old wounds.”  The Fattinator replied.
“You are absolutely right.  So, Lib’ babe, where’s that cheese?”  SFD said and winked at Ms. Liberty.
“Dragon, how many times have I told you to show some respect for authority?”  Ms. Liberty interjected.
“Beats me, I lost count years ago.”  SFD said as he flopped onto the sofa in Ms. Liberty’s office.
“Ms. Liberty, you will have to excuse the dragon, because, ummm, well, because he’s a nut.”  The Fattinator said.
“Unfortunately that nut is our best operative.”  Ms. Liberty snapped.
“When will IronWolf lead the heroes back to Paragon City?”  The Fattinator puzzled.
“If only.”  Ms. Liberty mused.
“Enough of this idle chatter.  Let’s get down to why we came.  Ms. Liberty, where’s the cheese?”  SFD asked seriously.
“Dragon, that’s not why we came!”  The Fattinator shouted.
“Well, maybe it’s not why you came.”  SFD responded.
“Dragon, the cheese is where it always is.  Fattinator, why did you come?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Thanks, Doll-face.”  SFD replied getting a hunk of cheddar from the fridge.
“That dragon.”  Ms. Liberty said rolling her eyes.
“I’ll cut right to it if I may.”  The Fattinator said.
“By all means.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Thank you.  Ms. Liberty, I understand that you are holding Necrophillia for a crime that she didn’t commit.”  The Fattinator said.
“That’s a lie.  I saw Kolissa with Hero Commander that very day.”  SFD blurted.
“That’s what I said.”  The Fattinator returned.
“Well, just as long as we’re on the same page.”  SFD replied.
“Hero Corps has mounting evidence that Necrophillia caused Fred Durks to burn his own hand.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Lies and fabrications!”  SFD shouted.
Ms. Liberty reached down and pushed a button on her desk.  The door locked, the blinds snapped shut, a white noise generator started and a beeping sound was heard.  After a few seconds, a ding was heard.
“Ok, the room is secure.  I can say that fabricated evidence is still evidence.”  Ms. Liberty admitted.
“The dragon is right, Ms. Liberty, you are a crafty one.”  The Fattinator said.
“I never said that.”  SFD fired back.
“You did too!”  The Fattinator replied.
“No sir!”  SFD shouted.
“Dragon, you did so.”  The Fattinator said becoming frustrated.
“I said that Ms. Liberty is a crafty old gal.”  SFD said smugly.
“Dragon, she’s right here.”  The Fattinator whispered.
“It’s ok; I’m immune to his barbs.”  Ms. Liberty commented.
“Ms. Liberty, tell us then, in your own words, weather or not Necrophillia is in custody.”  SFD questioned.
“Yes, she is.”  Ms. Liberty answered.
“Ah ha, see, she admits it!”  SFD exclaimed.
“Dragon, we know that Necrophillia is in custody.  We don’t know why.”  The Fattinator explained.
“I told you why, mounting evidence, remember?”  Ms. Liberty smirked.
“Yes, but why is Hero Corps ‘gathering’ evidence against Necrophillia?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Have you seen her?  Creep-py!”  SFD interjected.
“Yes, Dragon, that is not the reason why Necrophillia is being detained.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Please tell us.”  The Fattinator pleaded.
“Yes, Ms. Liberty, why is Hero Corps gathering evidence on poor creepy Necrophillia, so-called.”  SFD said trying to imitate an attorney.
“Dragon, you that up-coming mission to South Korea?”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Ah-ha, I knew it.  You’ll fry for this.”  SFD said still trying to imitate an attorney from somne bad late, late show movie.
“Dragon, what are you talking about?”  The Fattinator asked, confused.
“Oh, it just sounded good.”  SFD admitted.
“Ms. Liberty, please continue.  Super Fire Dragon, I’ll ask the questions.”  The Fattinator ordered.
“As I was saying,”  Ms. Liberty began and glanced over at SFD to give him the evil-eye, “That up-coming mission requires two very skilled operatives.”
“Where were you the night of the sixteenth?”  SFD shot at Ms. Liberty leaping to his feet and pointing his finger.
“Home in bed, reading one of those ‘Secret World’ books.”  Ms. Liberty recounted.
“Dragon, sit down!  I’ll ask the questions.”  The Fattinator said growing angry at the dragon.
“You want the truth, you want the truth?  You can’t handle the truth!”  SFD fired back
“Now dragon, this isn’t a game.”  Ms. Liberty said calmly.
“it isn’t?”  SFD asked calmly.
“No.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“But I was winning.”  SFD cried.
“He was winning.”  Ms. Liberty agreed.
“I’m surrounded by nuts.”  The Fattinator shouted.
“You have to admit that he was winning.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“See I told you.”  SFD said sticking out his tongue.
The Fattinator screamed.
“Listen, I need Kolissa to go to South Korea with you, Dragon.”  Ms. Liberty continued as if nothing had happened.
“Why couldn’t Necrophillia go?”  The Fattinator asked regaining his demeanor.
“Are you friggin nuts?”  SFD shouted.
“Well, no.”  The Fattinator replied.
“What the dragon is trying to say is that Necrophillia won’t fit in.  The task needs someone with the finesse of Kolissa and the 3D puzzle skills of the dragon.”  Ms. Liberty added.
“But why the frame-up of Necrophillia?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Kolissa obtained releases from Fred, while we build the case to have them voided, we need somebody to pay.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Fred signed releases?  What was Kolissa’s lawyer dressed up like a doctor or something?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Yes.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Oh.”  The Fattinator responded.
“The murder weapon was found in your purse with your finger prints all over it.  And you were over-heard saying that you were going to kill him.”  SFD questioned.
“Dragon, remember, this isn’t a game.”  Ms. Liberty said interrupting.
“But I am so good at this game.”  SFD replied.
“Dragon, please.  Ms. Liberty, why Necrophillia?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Oh, well, we have enough on Necrophillia to throw away the key.”  Ms. Liberty stated.
“Really?  Then why not arrest her sooner?”  The Fattinator inquired.
“Hey, we’re trying to get her out, not arrested sooner.”  SFD said.
“I’m trying to get to the bottom of this.  Dumb-Dragon.”  The Fattinator snapped.
“With your help, we’ll be throw in prison, dumb-huge-human.”  SFD replied.
“Fellows, we waited until now, because nothing we had was solid enough without a little augmentation.  We finally have a reason for the augmentation.”  Ms. Liberty explained.
“Oh, I get it now.  So Necrophillia is a ready-made fall guy.  Are most heroes just one mistake away from being locked away?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Probably a good 70% are pretty close.”  Ms. Liberty offered.
“Wow, that’s amazing.  Are there other heroes locked up with fabricated evidence?”  The Fattinator asked.
“Yes, as a matter of fact, we just locked up Grav-Knight for bribery as he was trying to post bail for Necrophillia.”  Ms. Liberty responded without thinking.
“Are you mad, woman?”  SFD snapped as he hopped back onto his feet.
“Alright, you guys have two choices.  Forget what you heard and go along with the plan.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Sounds good, what’s the other choice?”  SFD asked.
“There are no other choices.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“Wrong.  Release Grav-Knight or a recording of this entire conversation goes to the press.”  The Fattinator threatened.
“You’re bluffing, I had you swept.  You have no bugs.”  Ms. Liberty replied.
“I have six robots under my control.  I have the technology.  Do you really want to call my bluff?”  The Fattinator explained.
“If you can keep Grav-Knight from leaking any of this, I will release him to your custody.”  Ms. Liberty said.
“I think that can be arranged.”  The Fattinator said.
“But first, let me have the recording.”  Ms. Liberty demanded.
“Oh, it’s off-site.  We can arrange an exchange.”  The Fattinator stated.
“Great, I want to exchange this cheddar for some pepper-jack.”  SFD interjected.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 04:00:11 AM »
After the exchange, The Fattinator and Super Fire Dragon discuss the preceeding events with Grav-Knight.
“No, no, no!  You were in prison as a visitor, remember?”  The Fattinator told Grav-Knight.
“It’s no use, he is kind of thick.”  Super Fire Dragon said.
“Look, I get it that something strange is going on, but I was locked-up for trying to post bail for Necrophillia who was locked-up for no reason.”  Grav-Knight restated.
“Let me try, Fats.  Grav-Knight, the Circle of Thorns has infiltrated Hero Corps HQ.”  SFD lied.
“Really, let’s go!”  Grav-Knight responded.
“All of us heroes searched the entire building, and defeated the COT.”  SFD continued.
“Most excellent!”  Grav-Knight exclaimed.
“Did you defeat ALL the Circle of Thorns in the cell where you were staying?”  SFD asked coyly.
“Well, there were no Circle of Thorns there …”  Grav-Knight began.
“Most excellent!”  SFD exclaimed interrupting.
“But, there weren’t any …”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Most excellent, I said”  SFD interrupted.
“But, there  …”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Already said, ‘Most excellent’.”  SFD interrupted.
“But, …”  Grav-Knight replied.
“Talk to the hand.”  SFD interrupted.
“Fine!  Grav-Knight stormed.
“And that is how that’s done.”  SFD replied.
“Dragon, you are one of a kind.”  The Fattinator said.
“Ok, so what is going on?”  Grav-Knight asked.
“Ok, Kolissa burned some dude’s hand.”  The Fattinator said.
“And Ms. Liberty needs Kolissa for a very important mission.”  SFD offered.
“Necrophillia agreed to take the fall until enough evidence can be gathered on Kolissa.”  The Fattinator added.
“Yes, Kolissa being Kolissa has managed to get phony releases from the burn victim.”  SFD said.
“That Kolissa!”  Grav-Knight snarled.
“Kolissa is normally a good hero, but she does color outside the lines at times.”  SFD explained.
“And Necrophillia has been promised a full pardon, everything gets shredded, even the backup copies, after all this is over.”  The Fattinator said.
“Even the backups, wow!  Necrophillia is sharp.”  Grav-Knight said.
“And creepy, don’t forget creepy.”  SFD chimed-in.
“How can we?”  The Fattinator said.
They all laughed.

Meanwhile:
“I don’t know, just play the stupid thing.”  Ms. Liberty exclaimed.
“I’ll see what I can do.”  Gordon replied.
“Did you double-check that this room is secure?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“Ummm, yes.  I double-checked it.”  Gordon replied.
“Good, good.  How’s it coming?”  Ms. Liberty asked.
“I almost got it, there.”  Gordon said as he flipped the switch.
The audio equipment started playing voices really, really fast and high-pitched.
“I knew it!”  Ms. Liberty said leaping to her feet.
“Oh, one second.”  Gordon said as he fiddled with the knobs and adjusted the controls.
“… where’s the cheese?”  Super Fire Dragon’s voice said from the audio equipment.
“I don’t believe it.”  Ms. Liberty said sitting back down.
“Dragon, that’s not why we came!”  The Fattinator’s voice said from the audio equipment.
“Well, maybe it’s not why you came.”  Super Fire Dragon’s voice said from the audio equipment.
“Dragon, can you be serious?  Why did you guys come?”  Ms. Liberty’s voice said from the audio equipment.
“Stop the machine!”  Ms. Liberty shouted.
“Why?  What’s wrong?”  Gordon said shutting off the audio equipment.
“That’s wrong.  I remember I told the Dragon where the cheese was … because later he made a joke.  This is a fake.”  Ms. Liberty realized.
“Wow, it sounded convincing.”  Gordon said.
“I don’t really sound like that.”  Ms. Liberty said.
Gordon tried to not laugh.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 04:13:12 AM »
“Hello, who is this, why do you keep calling me without cheese?”  Super Fire Dragon rattled into the phone.
Super Fire Dragon often answered the phone with a series of questions to throw off the caller.  He did this especially when the callerID© said ‘unknown’ or something like that.
“Dragon, it’s me.  I was calling to make sure that Grav-Knight is under control, and to let you know that … I KNOW THE TAPE IS A FAKE!”  Ms. Liberty answered.
“Ms. Liberty, always a pleasure.”  SFD replied.
“Dragon, I have several Longbow on Talos Island.”  Ms. Liberty threatened.
“Ok, alright.  Grav-Knight, with some persuasion, has agreed to follow the plan.”  SFD explained.
“Which plan?”  Ms. Liberty asked anxiously.
“That Necrophillia viciously and wantonly attacked poor old what’s his face, and that Kolissa is as pure as the freshly driven snow.”  SFD expounded.
“That is reassuring.”  Ms. Liberty commented.
“This seems like a lot of trouble to go to for Kolissa.”  SFD mused.
“All I can say is that justice will be done.  You know that sometimes justice takes the scenic route, but justice will be done.”  Ms. Liberty said with confidence.
“Yikes, does that mean that I won’t be getting all my cheese?”  SFD asked.
“Dragon, as long as you continue to support justice, there will be cheese for you.”  Ms. Liberty assured.
They both laughed.

The End.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 04:33:23 AM »
Necrophillia sat in her jail cell thinking about the events of the past couple stories.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2016, 05:34:45 AM »
Necrophillia has been fooling the guards into giving her extra privileges.  When she imitates Ms. Liberty the guards jump.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 03:47:29 AM »
Necrophillia has been released.