Author Topic: I'm still nerf-peeved  (Read 2035 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
I'm still nerf-peeved
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »
As ever, the game is still fun despite of its improvements.

The thing that still peeves me after not even being able to play much lately, besides that they did a major nerf during an anniversary again, is NO RETCONS.

bleh.

"Happy anniversary, we ruined powers 10 - 500+ G's into your buildS and are too cheap to even give you a retcon so you can invest many more hours into something we'll take away next anniversary. Or the one after. We haven't decided yet, there's still time. Oh yeah and grind out some new gear so we can get you on that too - thanks for the help, we're understaffed ya know."

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: I'm still nerf-peeved
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:19:53 PM »
It was only a matter of time before they made an even bigger mistake than simply ruining everyones build.  Truthfully I suspect someone is whispering bad ideas into their ears and that same person has free reign over there.  But then again I have already said that and just about everyone else criticizing them also said the same thing.  I honestly bet the same idiot asking for every nerf in the game also suggested a single retcon for one character specifically so he wouldn't have to fight some overpowered builds in pvp for a while.  No...he only wanted to fight 'balanced' builds, aka builds he stomps, in pvp for a while all the while everyone else had to grind for long hours just to make a new 'pvp worthy' 40 to stomp his scrub ass.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
simply ruining everyones build.

Simply.. *grumble*...

They did ruin builds. They can't refund our time spent making them but they could at least not steal more time by making us pay to fix them because they are too cheap/thoughtless to give us a virtual token made of pixels.

I could care less about the new Onslaught gear or any other gear that's hard to get in the game. You don't need it and it's only going to change on a whim at some point anyway.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:21 AM »
It was only a matter of time before they made an even bigger mistake than simply ruining everyones build.  Truthfully I suspect someone is whispering bad ideas into their ears and that same person has free reign over there.  But then again I have already said that and just about everyone else criticizing them also said the same thing.  I honestly bet the same idiot asking for every nerf in the game also suggested a single retcon for one character specifically so he wouldn't have to fight some overpowered builds in pvp for a while.  No...he only wanted to fight 'balanced' builds, aka builds he stomps, in pvp for a while all the while everyone else had to grind for long hours just to make a new 'pvp worthy' 40 to stomp his scrub ass.

This is sounding very specific. Exactly who are you talking about?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:10:21 AM »
Around the time of that post there was an online lynching for someone at Cryptic who got credit for most all of the biggest, and, dumbest nerfs.

Pfft let'em remain anon!

neener neener nerfboy. Do something cool and we'll say your name.
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:07:31 AM »
This is sounding very specific. Exactly who are you talking about?

Just referring to an idiot who actually took credit for some of the dumber nerfs in the games history(the plasma beam nerf, which drove 40% of the player base away because they felt the devs baited/switched them), actually, long before the cooldown reduction nerf.  This happened about, oh, i'd say 7-8 months ago I believe.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
I had no interest in vehicles at all until the Rampage Rehash came along and vehicles were required to get into half or more of the pq's. Fine, I finally broke down and spent a lot of (time) resources on a Smilodon mark2 with plasma beam 2 and all that good stuff.

I was able to use the thing about two weeks or less before it got nerfed into uselessness.

That's why I say, if it's difficult to get in-game don't bother unless the quest to get what you want is fun and you don't care if your reward disintegrates at some random point. You don't need anything fancy to play any part of the game outside of possibly Rampages which give rewards that you don't need for the rest of the game.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:27:37 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: