Author Topic: How to get costume Fx to fire at A different location than 0, 0, 0 on the map  (Read 2199 times)

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Not sure if it work around exist for this, but right now I have a piece of code that alters the code of a costume file to include the FX of a power that I want to fire. The code, then reloads that costume on the model. 

The result is that the FX fires as soon as the costume loads, but the issue is is that the power always fires in the same direction, towards 0,0,0 on the map. Is there a way to change the coordinates the power supply or two? Either through changing your valuable and memory, or for some other mechanism?

If I can just figure this out I would have a really cool program that would allow characters to fire abilities on and in icon.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
There is a command fxfire at target thing someone mentioned here by using a text file but it didnt seem to work for me using the provided instructions. It also means it would be default color too.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
 I couldn't make heads or tails out of the instructions either, to bad, seems like such an interesting /useful command, and animations that fire in a given direction would be so awesome!

jeff