Author Topic: When CoH/CoV comes back, what server is everyone going to be playing on?  (Read 41310 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: When CoH/CoV comes back, what server is everyone going to be playing on?
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2015, 03:22:33 AM »
I will be on ALL of them.
Yeah, I always thought that they had too many servers.
Fewer servers means higher population per zone, if number_of_players is the same.

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 03:55:44 AM »
I'll probably start on Victory and then migrate to the more popular servers after a while :D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »
Healix was my very first created character.....I would fly her over the Atlas globe, even if my tears made it hard to see.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 08:54:07 AM »
I changed my mind, I'll be on ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Paragon Avenger 1

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »
Not sure if I said already but: Virtue.
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2015, 04:25:32 AM »

Going back and forth between Liberty, and Virtue.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2015, 02:00:59 AM »
Just in case P.A. 1 is too crowded, I'll play on any server that will have me. :-[

Hells Wing

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:58 PM »
I was origonally on Union, but I may consider Virtue as it was one of the most popular servers...then again when I first got the game (City of Villains first) we only had 4 servers here in the UK and they added all the servers together later I believe. There was a french one, german one and two English ones. One of which was Union.

Baaleos

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
Was there ever any 'All Kheldian' or 'All Warshade' SG's?

I would have loved to seen a SG that was pure Epic AT.

An army of PB or WS flying into battle.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 02:15:09 AM »
I sometimes tried to login early to catch the Brits.
I would stay on-line playing with the Yanks.
And stay up late to roll with the Aussies.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2016, 10:09:25 PM »
Virtue and Freedom!  ;)

aXe

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
What ever is popular and not a roleplay server. I doubt Defiant would be back so I couldn't be more specific.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »
I'm hoping they cut the servers down to two,

1. Virtue - Roleplay
2. Freedom - Casual

Otherwise, I'll be back on Guardian - and Virtue if it becomes the Rp server...

To go with this, I'd love to see names done in the Champions Online style - open to all and attached to our global.

etnies445

• Underling
My home was at first Freedom (or Freedumb to some), but eventually I spent a lot more time on Virtue, and Virtue even became my home. RPing on this game was what brought the game back to life for me. I never picked it up in WoW, maybe I should try it there. But I'd probably go the most populated server. I honestly think it should start with just a server or two and add more if necessary.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
I'm kind of hoping that they can do away with the server concept.

Soul Resonance

• Boss
I'm kind of hoping that they can do away with the server concept.
Sorry for the necro, but I don't think that'd be a good idea..mind you if they did I'd adapt, but..CO gave me baaaad memories from not having servers  :o :gonk:.

In terms of servers, I'll also have one on the farming server, whatever that'll be. I have expensive builds to make :P
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Assuming the SG bases and such are no longer existing, I'll log onto the top server in the list - when I'm zoned in, I'll look at the list of who's on and see if I recognize anyone I'd like to play with. I would try to be a lot more team oriented this time around.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

LateNights

• Elite Boss
Assuming the SG bases and such are no longer existing, I'll log onto the top server in the list - when I'm zoned in, I'll look at the list of who's on and see if I recognize anyone I'd like to play with. I would try to be a lot more team oriented this time around.

While I agree somewhat, doing this after the shutdown would just drive me to be more social - so I'd head to Virtue by default unless another server became the "Rp" server.

I'm thinking we won't come close to the population we had even at close - so migrating to a few select servers is the way to go if we want the best of the game for both soloing and teams...

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
While I agree somewhat, doing this after the shutdown would just drive me to be more social - so I'd head to Virtue by default unless another server became the "Rp" server.

I'm thinking we won't come close to the population we had even at close - so migrating to a few select servers is the way to go if we want the best of the game for both soloing and teams...

Presuming that all the servers do come back at relaunch, I suspect that returning players will make Freedom the farming/PL server and Virtue the RP server again.

I'd be surprised though if all servers returned at relaunch, I'd be more inclined to keep some offline but ready to go if population needs dictate more servers are needed.

Example: I don't think we need to have the VIP server Exalted at relaunch.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Soul Resonance

• Boss
Presuming that all the servers do come back at relaunch, I suspect that returning players will make Freedom the farming/PL server and Virtue the RP server again.

I'd be surprised though if all servers returned at relaunch, I'd be more inclined to keep some offline but ready to go if population needs dictate more servers are needed.

Example: I don't think we need to have the VIP server Exalted at relaunch.
I agree. Though, I heard Exalted was pretty active ???. Another interesting topic of discussion/side track: Did you know all IOs(bar purps) can be earned in AE too?!  :o. That is such a relief for me  :gonk:, I thought I'd have to scavenge and beg politely rob implore the community for generous donations of IOs :)