Author Topic: Changing Arm Scales  (Read 2794 times)

MGoblin256

• Underling
Changing Arm Scales
« on: October 21, 2015, 06:06:33 AM »
Hello!

I'm new to using Paragon Chat, but I was able to get the hang of editing things in the database pretty quickly. However, I got a question

First character I made is a Rikti. Got the whole costume set up and everything, but I've run into an issue. Rikti are supposed to have big forearms and hands, and while I can set the scale on a saved costume and load it, whenever I edit my character in the database, the arm scaling resets.

Is there any way to set it so that the arms scale properly?

SedatedAlice

• Underling
Re: Changing Arm Scales
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »
How are you trying to edit this costume in? Using something like a database editor or Jerrichas?

MGoblin256

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
I'm using Sqlite Browser to edit.

MGoblin256

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 05:48:52 AM »
Bit of an update: Tried using Jerrichas to copypaste my character's costume file to the Database, but it apparently doesn't work due to the Rikti parts.

SedatedAlice

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
Okay, so can you post the .costume file you're using?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
There's no field in the Paragon Chat database for arm scaling, so any time the game client can't load the costume from memory or a .costume file, for example when restarting the City of Heroes from the desktop, the arm scale is lost. I really doubt modifying the database to include arm scale would help, and might break it. Paragon Chat itself would also need to be changed.

SedatedAlice

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
So I spent the past hour or so trying to break things.

1.  Adding in the armscale field doesn't do anything.  Tried.  Tried putting it everywhere.  Values just won't take/mean anything.

2.  This is probably going to be one of the weird differences between Icon and PC.  I don't seem to remember the game have an arm scaling function on live.

3.  I have seen Rikit costumes where arm length doesn't seem to be a factor. They are done well.  I hate to say 'Picky is a bad thing' but here, you might want to let it rest.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:59:42 PM by SedatedAlice »

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »
Adding a field to a table won't do a thing unless the application reading it has been written to do something with it in the first place.

The game has never supported arm scaling separate to the rest of the body scales.

NPC's are built differently to player characters. The devs had far greater control over what could or could not be done than we do.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »
Arm scales don't exist in the database, in the XMPP protocol, or on the network between the client and server. Even if you could get PC to load and recognize a costume with arm scales, the COH client would not receive them and would assume 0, as would everybody else who saw you.

They only work with costumes that are stored locally in the client -- i.e. predefined NPC costumes loaded from the piggs.

Icon happens to work because it bypasses 85% of the game logic, so everything is local in Icon.