Author Topic: 10/22/2015 Release Notes (Blood Moooooon)  (Read 2161 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
10/22/2015 Release Notes (Blood Moooooon)
« on: October 22, 2015, 03:52:24 PM »
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203437/10-22-2015-release-notes

I've been wanting to post about Blood Moon for months but one thing or another kept shooting the idea down. It's finally here and I have (relatively) tons of playtime saved up.

Don't forget to stock up on Nimbus's, Supernaturals, and whatever else. The new longer recharge times kinda take the shine off of toys some but Blood Moon still has a lot of the best Droppable ones.

Plus there's that new Vibora thing this year. Will definitely be checking that out.

Looking forward to all that is Blood Moon. Bosses galore to fight. Toys that actually....drop. 3 weeks of moaning about the dreary sky. Now I just need some more Foxbatcon Swag bags and I'm pretty well set for the foreseeable future.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: 10/22/2015 Release Notes (Blood Moooooon)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »
(snip) 3 weeks of moaning about the dreary sky. (snip)

That was one thing that got to me about CoH's Hallowe'en event: the constant night. By the time the event ended, I was so tired of it that I loved seeing that blue daylight sky again.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »
I scored a Supernatural ~ 5 minutes after logging on last night. That was pretty cool. Didn't realize the Crypt rewards are so good.. I stopped running those after my first Blood Moooon. I thought that there was just an action figure piece drop but there are 2 boxes of Q and 5 swag (I forget the name) tokens.

Haven't seen the new ghost ship or swag vendor.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »
CO really opened themselves up to Blood Moon OV griefers. Just jump in a boss fight as an OV and wait for people to start hitting the mobs of mobs with AoE's and then start hitting them.

I've seen OV's fighting bosses but not players unless they fight back. It's almost totally on the honor system due to everyone is firing off AoE's and so far the OV's are being pretty honorable whereas they could have pretty well ruined Blood Moon for a lot of people if they wanted..
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
CO really opened themselves up to Blood Moon OV griefers. Just jump in a boss fight as an OV and wait for people to start hitting the mobs of mobs with AoE's and then start hitting them.

I've seen OV's fighting bosses but not players unless they fight back. It's almost totally on the honor system due to everyone is firing off AoE's and so far the OV's are being pretty honorable whereas they could have pretty well ruined Blood Moon for a lot of people if they wanted..

Griefers and trolls......

.....are why I decided not to participate in that after one day of playing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people will try to do that towards the later days of the blood moon.  Honestly, I read the rewards were bad, and had a low drop rate so my interest ended within minutes of reading that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
Just by doing the daily I think there is still time to get a Mark 1 Demonwing (I might want) or the Cursed AT (I will get) or an aura. (will probably get at least 1). I still haven't checked out the Fog Ship thing. Been running crypts and farming devices.  I never ran crypts since my first Blood Moon but now that they give decent rewards they're funnerer.

I haven't ran into the griefing troll thing. Although people could be jerks if they wanted to be, which probably is not a good thing... - whenever I see an OV at a boss spawn he's killing the boss - which Is a good thing/fine/whatever. I got splatted After a boss fight once but just ressed and looted. I like what they did with Blood Moon so far. I dunno anything about the Ghost Ship thing yet but plan to check it out today. Hopefully they continued the Blood Moon spirit of decent loot.

1 Nimbus and 3 Supernaturals so far.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
Socrates/Dweomer will not only get you the daily mish but also access to the Store. Kinda nice.
Some Faves: