Author Topic: Champions Online CROSSOVER - Mission - Super Group: "Pocket D V.I.P"  (Read 8137 times)

Ravynwynd

• Minion
MISSION STATEMENT:

A Super Group has been created on Champions Online to be used as a "BRIDGE" -  It is a "crossover" Super Group for Players and Role-players that have played
City of Heroes and City of Villains.  The Super Group is intended for us to hang out, role-play, and to recruit more to the Super Group and get them to role-play
in Pocket D, and hang out in Paragon Chat.

The more that join this Super Group, the more we can show players and role-players of Champions, of the progress and the advancements being made with Paragon Chat; and that ray of hope for our Heroes and Villains that have been in limbo.

Thanks to the Titan Network and Paragon Chat, our Heroes and Villains can return home, and watch it evolve.

In Champions Online, my Global is:  @kisaraven 
In Paragon Chat (Tequila aka City of Heroe's), my Global is:  @Ravynwynd

If INTERESTED in helping me with this mission, please friend me in Champions.

If INTERESTED in role-playing with me in Paragon Chat, then friend me.

--------------------------------

a BIG thank you to everyone at TITANNETWORK, CoT, and MWM.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Champions Online CROSSOVER - Mission - Super Group: "Pocket D V.I.P"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
No thanks.  All this does is invite trolls to target those who play both.

Edit: There is also MCWalmart and the bad-roleplayer witch hunt.  So I can't even recommend roleplaying there even if you don't play paragon chat.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 03:14:33 AM »
How does this help Champions Online players enjoy Champions?
Spess

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »

By having this Super Group in Champions, it helps the Champion Online players enjoy Champions more, because now they know that the game that they used to play, the characters that they created in City of Heroe's/City of Villains, perhaps even attempted to replicate in Champions Online, can have the best of both worlds.

Play Champions Online to do PvE/PvP and when they want to role-play in Pocket D, Paragon, Rogue Isles, Atlas Park, Kings, etc. they can now.

They can't play any Missions,but the'll be able to role-play or chat with others that enjoy, City of Heroe's.

It's a win win for everyone.

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
And I got the idea, when one of the Champion's Online GM's helped me with an problem I was having with CO, and he  was named, Captain Mu.

So even the GM's of Champions Online, apparently used to play, City of Hero's.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mu

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:14:04 AM »
"Mu" has a zillion meanings, including a Buddhist concept, a Chinese surname, a letter in both Greek and Japanese, and on and on and on. He's not necessarily a City fan (though it'd be cool if he was).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(disambiguation)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
1.) City of H e r o e s
2.) Avatar rep + 1
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »
I really don't think any good can come of this. As LA says, it'll only be a target for trolls.

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 02:13:39 AM »
The reason I discovered ParagonChat is someone mentioned it to me while I was playing Champions Online.

There are plenty that are unaware; that have lost hope, and think CoH is dead.

ParagonChat assures hope.

I would rather risk the chance of getting a few "trolls" then to twiddle my thumbs, waiting for players and role-players to discover ParagonChat.

After all, if I didn't say it before, I'll say it again. Plenty of the early developers of Champions came from City of Hero's (Paragon).

Champions Online would be the only link to CoH.  It would be stupid to do this with GuildWars II or DCUO.

Besides.  Each of us do what seems right to us.  And for me, this seems right. And I believe I'm not alone.

I've all ready spoke to a number of ParagonChat members that like the idea, but don't have the time; because they only have enough time for ParagonChat.

As for the Mu. I believe it an interesting coincidence, especially as I said, plenty of Mythic came from NCSoft/Paragon.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
OK you passed the initial troll check Ms. Posts < 10. We get them HERE too believe it or not..

First off, just so you know, I had to reread your posts a few times due to (I'm slow) I don't know what some of these things are you're talking about.

- What is Paragon Chat? Probably the most obvious question but I don't know the answer. Is it a CO channel?

Play Champions Online to do PvE/PvP and when they want to role-play in Pocket D, Paragon, Rogue Isles, Atlas Park, Kings, etc. they can now.

I haven't kept up an all that is the current state of CoH but I'm assuming these are non interactive (can't blow things up but can walk around and be in the game again) recreations of the original zones that were recovered that I read about awhile back.

By having this Super Group in Champions, it helps the Champion Online players enjoy Champions more, because now they know that the game that they used to play, the characters that they created in City of Heroe's/City of Villains, perhaps even attempted to replicate in Champions Online, can have the best of both worlds.

They can't play any Missions,but the'll be able to role-play or chat with others that enjoy, City of Heroe's.

It's a win win for everyone.

So what you're saying is that while in CO you join Paragonchat.. If anyone in Paragonchat or your new SG wants to hang out in virtual CoH or play CO they can have a place to ask like minded people if anyone wants to join.  ?

The desire to even just be able to hang out in CoH was strong enough for people to take the time to recover zones for everyone to hang out in, so, it's safe to say there is more than you out there that enjoys this. If these people also play CO and are in the mood to join an SG and see your post then you're in business.

Some people that hang out in Pocket D, etc, might not hang out here in the CO forum but may be tempted to play CO if they hear about your SG. Might want to post where they can see, too. *shrug* I would, maybe you did already.

As far as similarities between CO and CoH.... CoHers sometimes don't know how good they have it, I think. CO reeks of CoH. It's not the same game but if it didn't exist then there would be nothing like CoH at all except that they share the same genre. I saw all kinds of familiar things from CoH when I first started playing CO. I knew a lot (I was gonna say All) of the movie references too.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »

SG's are all about finding like minded people to play with, baby! Maybe some people that hang out in Pocket D but never considered playing CO because this SG doesn't exist decide to play and have fun because of it.

Now ask me why anniversary nerfs are bad.
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »
- What is Paragon Chat? Probably the most obvious question but I don't know the answer. Is it a CO channel?
I assume she means this Paragon Chat, made by our own Codewalker and others. (Note that that link is to another section of these forums, not an external site) It uses the CoH client as a chat interface.  You can create a character, log into the chat server, and run around the in-game areas.  And unlike Icon, other people can see you, and chat with you.  No combat, no missions, just talking.

It sounds like the idea here is that you'd make the same character in both CO and Paragon Chat, and then do social RPing for those characters in Paragon Chat, and then play CO for actual missions.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 11:21:13 PM »
OK you passed the initial troll check Ms. Posts < 10. We get them HERE too believe it or not..

First off, just so you know, I had to reread your posts a few times due to (I'm slow) I don't know what some of these things are you're talking about.

Is this the only board on Titan you read? If so, by all means, follow Thunder Glove's link and educate yourself.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 06:01:38 PM »
I assume she means this Paragon Chat, made by our own Codewalker and others. (Note that that link is to another section of these forums, not an external site) It uses the CoH client as a chat interface.  You can create a character, log into the chat server, and run around the in-game areas.  And unlike Icon, other people can see you, and chat with you.  No combat, no missions, just talking.

That's pretty cool. I mean that someone(s) was able to do that. Icon was the last I heard of anything like this.

It sounds like the idea here is that you'd make the same character in both CO and Paragon Chat, and then do social RPing for those characters in Paragon Chat, and then play CO for actual missions.

That's even beyond what I was thinking. I didn't get the 'make the same character' part.

I'm not presently a big SG fan due to 'RL'.. But I get SG's. I wouldn't hang out in a virtual CoH. But I get it and think it's damn cool that someone was able to create it for those that would.

So yeah, if I get it right, why not make a CO SG for CoH rp'ers? After a long hard day of rp'ing, ya gotta let off a lil steam on some bad guys, ya know...?? While I'm in Paragonchat I'm not thinking about fighting bad guys and when I'm fighting bad guys I can forget for awhile I'm not in CoH because I look pretty similar and am hanging out with the CO version of the CoHers I was just with.

I wouldn't do this, but I get it. I think  : )

More power to ya. I think if you can get CoH rp'ers used to CO's differences they might find a lot of similarities.

This is the part where you can feel free to tell us we don't get it after all... hehe
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
Deleted due to off-topicness in response to not the topic and I don't want to be the one to derail this topic as often happens here.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:27:55 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
Xev Totally get's what my mission is.  Thank you.

And yes.  The "Table Top" role-playing game with dice "Champion's" existed before City of Heroes.

However.  City of Heroes existed before Champions was delivered to the online version. Had it not been for City of Heroes, the Champion's Online may not have come to exist.

And yes, Paragon Chat is a mirror simulation of City of Heroes. It is a shell of the game up to when it closed.

Currently, you can create a Hero, Villain, or Rogue character.

All zones are accessible. Transportation is functional. Pocket D is very alive. Even "the Cape" radio plays at Pocket D.

Every few days someone is adding more features or updating features to this instance of City of Heroes.

It is possible that those behind this instance of City of Heroes; it is conceivable that NPC's will have Missions, there will be all the baddies for the Heroes and Villains to confront.

According to the development plans, this team indicates Super Group creation; (and maybe SG Base).  These efforts seem positive.

Until this instance of City of Heroes is fully complete; just being able to play a game and have some fun is where Champions comes in. And when role-playing comes in, it can be done in Champions, but City of Heroes has special place in many role-players hearts. Club Caprice is nice, but it's not Pocket D.

Champions Online is the closest game similar to City of Heroes; it's comic book graphics appeals to some and is too much for others.  DCUO leans towards being a console game. And Marvel Universe is a cookie cutter PvP game.

To Xev.  If you plan on installing Paragon Chat, I'd like to Global Friend you.

And any others that get my mission, maybe not able to join it, come and contact me in Paragon Chat as, @Ravynwynd or contact me in Champions as  @kisaraven

"Keep Calm and Fly Strong"

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 05:14:48 AM »
*blush* hehe

Thunder Glove helped me get it.

GL. Sounds as worthy an SG idea as any.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
Just wanted to toss in that if I had the bandwidth I'd at least download and check out Paragonchat. As-is I cringe at even Flash Player updates.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 04:29:00 AM »
If you still have your CoH files, especially if you have the issue 24 beta, all you need to download is the paragon chat program itself which is tiny. So that saves a lot of bandwidth if you do. Alternately if you know anyone who still has the files (or who has spare bandwidth to download them) they can put them on a DVD or flash drive or something and you can just copy them over, CoH always let you do that even on live.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 02:13:32 PM »
The only thing that's changed on my machine since CoH poofed is video cards but then it takes bandwidth to actually run the program too.

Last Spring I dropped my (level 5?) VIP Fortuna (PWE browser game) account and started taking screenshots of weekly weather forecasts vs. checking them daily just to have a few more hours of CO playtime a month if that gives you an idea.

Before I landed here I got all my video from the Internet. Netflix, Jimmy Fallon from the first Robert De Niro episode, Conan O'Brien, South Park, My Name is Earl, news video, etc, etc. Nonstop streamage for $10 a month less. Now I watch the same movies over and over...and over. And Lost in Space.

lol it's (living here) so sad I had to laugh. Because it's a joke. One of those where you kick the guy in the groin and punch him in the face for laughs.

hehe..

Aren't you so glad you asked.
Some Faves:

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 12:53:18 AM »
Wait, you have to pay for bandwidth by the hour? Dear lord, where the hell do you live, in the middle of the sticks?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
Where do I live?

I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. In one hour I can drive to the Redwoods, I can go to the coast, I can even see snow. I live in a place that in 2 or 3 short years I can grow what you need to have your yard buzzing with hummingbirds and butterflies.

I live in the place I wanted to live my whole life since moving away as a kid. I live in the place I thought of nearly every day whether I lived in the midwest, east coast, or a whole other continent where the standard of living is through the roof, the beer is great and the women are so hot I had to wear flame retadent underwear to be in public with my own wife who was every bit as smart as she is sexy.

I live in a place where I learned a whole new trade and have been plying it for going on 5 years now with the guidance of my AG prof. from the local college who still replies to my mails when I need help. I live on the last remaining property next to the last remaining house that my grandpa built. A neighbor called my grandpa 'the legend' recently. That's because he was an awesome dude and his wife was equally awesome and I loved them both.

I live in the middle of nowhere where things haven't changed much since my earliest memories except for the fact that everyone I know here is either dead or gone. I live a not easy 6 mile bicycle ride from groceries and an even not easier ride back - a ride I have taken through all weather and illness and through what I suspect to be at least 1 dislocated shoulder. I live in a place where I watch people prosper from my work while what little I had left when I was desperate enough to come here for help disintegrates. I live in a place that has winters so cold (if you have little or no climate control) I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to function in them and summers so hot that I would lose my mind.

I live in a place that I am the sole heir to and have spent the past years cleaning up and improving. I live in a place that I watched my Lady Girl suffer her last days while I begged for cheap air conditioning from people that spend so much money on things they don't use that they make walls out of the unopened things they've purchased. I live in a place that I would be more than happy to never see again.

6ish years ago the only Internet here was dialup. Verizon 4g, expensive as it is, at least is functional. If you live ~ 1 mile from here in the direction of the nearest town you can have mainstream normal people internet. If you go the other directions I think you can get wireless service from at least one other provider, including a local one who has towers set up in the area. I dunno what ground Internet is like in those areas. The Internet cafe/repair & parts shop in town is ran by one of the best techs I ever worked with.

Also... The OP is starting a new SG. If you love hanging out in Paragon Chat but still long for occasional combat, this is the SG to be..in  : )
Some Faves:

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
I like how the nostalgic love of the narrator's tone gradually deteriorated into seething contempt. 10/10.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »
Yeah that's fair. I had a good cry.

Honestly though.... This SG has some fun sounding qualities. The time spent matching costumes in both games alone sounds entertaining - trying to match two great costumes with two great costume creators.

I like and support and get the idea of Paragon Chat but I'm not into it at this point and not due to anything negative or lacking about Paragon Chat. If we can resurrect our CoH costumes and make new ones this is a definite draw to at least try it out at some point.

How are the efforts going so far, RW? I think I read a similar comment from you about Paragon Chatters in regards to people trying CO (vs. me trying Paragon Chat) - they just weren't into it due to time constraints or whatever.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »
Thanks for your PM RW, I hope you have luck and post more here. I'm gonna use your post, I hope you don't mind, to clear up what I never should have laid here on you guys.

I've had a really rough, for me, 10 years or so. I saw my career, family, home, friends, possessions, part of my health, and more, go *poof* I didn't just stand by and watch, either. I struggled as hard as I could to save what I could and I lost. It really changed me and not for the better.

And then I came here where I live and went through some struggles I shouldn't have mentioned in this forum that seem even worse than everything else combined. They must have been bad because up until now divorce was my black cloud. I mean, I loved my wife as much as anyone - it turned my favorite uncle into an alcoholic, it changes people even when they tell themselves daily "don't let it change you" until I realized it already had, but..... I don't even care about that anymore. The vast majority of the time.

If there is one thing I've learned it's that you can never get back what you have truly lost and that in the end, we all lose all - no matter how good or bad or rich or poor we are. The lesson is to take joy in what you have today. Or don't (hopefully you do!). And live with your decision.

No matter how big you are there is always someone bigger. No matter how much you struggle someone has always struggled more. I have lived with people who have everything they could want and see their dreams - as in, things they wished for but never thought would happen,  realized .... annually and not only are they still unhappy but they leave their dreams in piles and never use or tend or enjoy them. This made me look at MY life. I mean, compare divorce to a lot of other horrors that can happen in life.. I was never happy either.

When you can free your mind from the things you don't have and appreciate what you do it really helps a lot. When you can assume the responsibility for your own happiness and not blame Life for your unhappiness. This helps too.

It can be hard when you're in pain or worried about some basic need (food, water, heat, heat relief, medical care, care for a loved one...etc) and/or being actively oppressed (see: above). But. That's life. Suck all the fun out of it that you can while you can. You wanna look back on life at all the things you cried... or laughed about..? What will you feel when you look back? Like you wasted your life or had some laughs and did some good? And try and be a better person and spread some good- I bet even the pope prays for that one all the time.

Thanks and sorry, again, RW, and everyone else. We've gone way off topic here before but I hereby give up my crown.

Happy Gaming! and Holidays.

The End.
Some Faves: