Author Topic: Champions Online CROSSOVER - Mission - Super Group: "Pocket D V.I.P"  (Read 8138 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Champions Online CROSSOVER - Mission - Super Group: "Pocket D V.I.P"
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 12:53:18 AM »
Wait, you have to pay for bandwidth by the hour? Dear lord, where the hell do you live, in the middle of the sticks?

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
Where do I live?

I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. In one hour I can drive to the Redwoods, I can go to the coast, I can even see snow. I live in a place that in 2 or 3 short years I can grow what you need to have your yard buzzing with hummingbirds and butterflies.

I live in the place I wanted to live my whole life since moving away as a kid. I live in the place I thought of nearly every day whether I lived in the midwest, east coast, or a whole other continent where the standard of living is through the roof, the beer is great and the women are so hot I had to wear flame retadent underwear to be in public with my own wife who was every bit as smart as she is sexy.

I live in a place where I learned a whole new trade and have been plying it for going on 5 years now with the guidance of my AG prof. from the local college who still replies to my mails when I need help. I live on the last remaining property next to the last remaining house that my grandpa built. A neighbor called my grandpa 'the legend' recently. That's because he was an awesome dude and his wife was equally awesome and I loved them both.

I live in the middle of nowhere where things haven't changed much since my earliest memories except for the fact that everyone I know here is either dead or gone. I live a not easy 6 mile bicycle ride from groceries and an even not easier ride back - a ride I have taken through all weather and illness and through what I suspect to be at least 1 dislocated shoulder. I live in a place where I watch people prosper from my work while what little I had left when I was desperate enough to come here for help disintegrates. I live in a place that has winters so cold (if you have little or no climate control) I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to function in them and summers so hot that I would lose my mind.

I live in a place that I am the sole heir to and have spent the past years cleaning up and improving. I live in a place that I watched my Lady Girl suffer her last days while I begged for cheap air conditioning from people that spend so much money on things they don't use that they make walls out of the unopened things they've purchased. I live in a place that I would be more than happy to never see again.

6ish years ago the only Internet here was dialup. Verizon 4g, expensive as it is, at least is functional. If you live ~ 1 mile from here in the direction of the nearest town you can have mainstream normal people internet. If you go the other directions I think you can get wireless service from at least one other provider, including a local one who has towers set up in the area. I dunno what ground Internet is like in those areas. The Internet cafe/repair & parts shop in town is ran by one of the best techs I ever worked with.

Also... The OP is starting a new SG. If you love hanging out in Paragon Chat but still long for occasional combat, this is the SG to be..in  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
I like how the nostalgic love of the narrator's tone gradually deteriorated into seething contempt. 10/10.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »
Yeah that's fair. I had a good cry.

Honestly though.... This SG has some fun sounding qualities. The time spent matching costumes in both games alone sounds entertaining - trying to match two great costumes with two great costume creators.

I like and support and get the idea of Paragon Chat but I'm not into it at this point and not due to anything negative or lacking about Paragon Chat. If we can resurrect our CoH costumes and make new ones this is a definite draw to at least try it out at some point.

How are the efforts going so far, RW? I think I read a similar comment from you about Paragon Chatters in regards to people trying CO (vs. me trying Paragon Chat) - they just weren't into it due to time constraints or whatever.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »
Thanks for your PM RW, I hope you have luck and post more here. I'm gonna use your post, I hope you don't mind, to clear up what I never should have laid here on you guys.

I've had a really rough, for me, 10 years or so. I saw my career, family, home, friends, possessions, part of my health, and more, go *poof* I didn't just stand by and watch, either. I struggled as hard as I could to save what I could and I lost. It really changed me and not for the better.

And then I came here where I live and went through some struggles I shouldn't have mentioned in this forum that seem even worse than everything else combined. They must have been bad because up until now divorce was my black cloud. I mean, I loved my wife as much as anyone - it turned my favorite uncle into an alcoholic, it changes people even when they tell themselves daily "don't let it change you" until I realized it already had, but..... I don't even care about that anymore. The vast majority of the time.

If there is one thing I've learned it's that you can never get back what you have truly lost and that in the end, we all lose all - no matter how good or bad or rich or poor we are. The lesson is to take joy in what you have today. Or don't (hopefully you do!). And live with your decision.

No matter how big you are there is always someone bigger. No matter how much you struggle someone has always struggled more. I have lived with people who have everything they could want and see their dreams - as in, things they wished for but never thought would happen,  realized .... annually and not only are they still unhappy but they leave their dreams in piles and never use or tend or enjoy them. This made me look at MY life. I mean, compare divorce to a lot of other horrors that can happen in life.. I was never happy either.

When you can free your mind from the things you don't have and appreciate what you do it really helps a lot. When you can assume the responsibility for your own happiness and not blame Life for your unhappiness. This helps too.

It can be hard when you're in pain or worried about some basic need (food, water, heat, heat relief, medical care, care for a loved one...etc) and/or being actively oppressed (see: above). But. That's life. Suck all the fun out of it that you can while you can. You wanna look back on life at all the things you cried... or laughed about..? What will you feel when you look back? Like you wasted your life or had some laughs and did some good? And try and be a better person and spread some good- I bet even the pope prays for that one all the time.

Thanks and sorry, again, RW, and everyone else. We've gone way off topic here before but I hereby give up my crown.

Happy Gaming! and Holidays.

The End.
Some Faves: