Author Topic: CHARACTER and SUPER GROUP Database  (Read 9536 times)

Ravynwynd

• Minion
CHARACTER and SUPER GROUP Database
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »
(POST REVISED)

I would like to request a CHARACTER and SUPER GROUP Database for Paragon Wiki.

However.

After doing some surfing. I rediscovered.  "Virtueverse"

"Virtueverse" is an Unofficial City of Heroes Character, Super Group, and Lore Database.

Either Paragon Wiki can immolate features on "Virtueverse" or can create a Forum explaining what "Virtueverse" is and provide a link to "Virtueverse" and Paragon Wiki can create a link for Paragon Wiki.

POSTING  url of "Virtueverse"    http://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Main_Page

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:09:57 PM by Ravynwynd »

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
Re: CHARACTER and SUPER GROUP Database
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Don't forget Ouroboros Portal, which is hosted by Titan Network and open to everyone (not just Virtue and not just roleplayers).

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:35:11 PM »
Don't forget Ouroboros Portal, which is hosted by Titan Network and open to everyone (not just Virtue and not just roleplayers).

Yes. I discovered this after my updated post.

HOWEVER.

For convenience, it would be nice to have a SIMPLIFIED version. At least a forum for members here to post their Super Group that they have formed even though we currently can not form one in Paragon Chat (Tequila).

Ravynwynd

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »
When I go to  Ouroboros Portal.

Is ParagonChat considered "BETA SERVER"??

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 03:37:38 AM »
When I go to  Ouroboros Portal.

Is ParagonChat considered "BETA SERVER"??

Sure, whose going to say that it isn't.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
The Paragon Wiki is specifically for the cataloging of in-game, "official" stuff. The guidelines talk about this: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Wiki:Article_Guidelines This is the choice the Wiki creators made, I assume to keep player-created stuff separate from official in-game stuff. It also makes sense, since anyone can go in-game and check things mentioned in an article, whereas including the backstory of a player-made supergroup can't be verified by logging in.

For convenience, it would be nice to have a SIMPLIFIED version. At least a forum for members here to post their Super Group that they have formed even though we currently can not form one in Paragon Chat (Tequila).

I don't see anything wrong with making a sub-forum in the Paragon Chat section of the boards specifically for supergroups. That being said, a forum and a wiki are two entirely different things, and I'm not sure how a forum thread is a "simplified" version of a wiki.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
 Is there any way to go into the CoH database and pull out the Top 100 sg lists for all the servers, there should also be a record of the person who registered the group. Or is that all data wiped? Should someone maybe ask NCSoft politely for the information since we are not asking for any sensitive parts of the game?
 I know all of this is a longshot, I thought the questions themselves would be worth thinking about.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 08:10:19 PM »
Is there any way to go into the CoH database and pull out the Top 100 sg lists for all the servers, there should also be a record of the person who registered the group. Or is that all data wiped? Should someone maybe ask NCSoft politely for the information since we are not asking for any sensitive parts of the game?
 I know all of this is a longshot, I thought the questions themselves would be worth thinking about.

The servers are dead, so no. Well, maybe not "dead," but certainly not filled with CoH data anymore, if they are being used.

I'm not sure it's hugely relevant as to who started what SG at this point. Some SGs had their own websites, and could have stayed in touch that way, which means their founders are a known entity. Other SGs might be revived by their old founders, or someone who was a member, just to get the good ol' days of the SG back. But I don't think anyone is going to care about "proof" from the game (proof which doesn't exist anymore) -  there's not much reason to impersonate the founder of an SG anyways.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »
 Good to know, I only mentioned the idea because it would be a good reference on what groups were there and the founders so people might remember who they were and who else was in the group. Maybe a reference of leaders so they could come forth with old memories of their groups...
 Guildportal was a major resource and site that many sg's and vg's subscribed on...but it is closing its doors THIS weekend so all those websites for them are disappearing...
 I already moved my sg's information to another site.