Author Topic: Ho ho ho  (Read 1692 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Ho ho ho
« on: December 24, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »
When I was little the best Christmasessesses were the ones at my Grandparent's house half way across the country from where I moved with my parents. Family and friends in every room and food I can still taste. My grandpa was one of those talk softly and scare you like a big stick, guys. Not that he was scary just saying that he didn't have to talk loud to assert his a-thor-i-tie. His deeds spoke for him. My grandma? Get outta here. The food, omg.. Everyone that ever speaks/spoke about grandma always mentions what a good heart she had and usually with a far off look. I always add my agreement to the pile and then my mind wanders off to those magical mashed potatoes and cakes with homemade cream cheese frosting and some special times we had.

There were always puzzle games and whatnot laying around their house. Now that I think about it, my grandpa probably was the one that got me started on gaming. He was a gamer.. He taught me all my early games. Back then it was all pre-digital, pre-analog. Games were made out of wood, cardboard, and this new age thing - plastic. And, one thing that still beats the pants off of todays games -  everything was completely cordless. I'll never forget the satisfaction I got from beating my grandpa at chess after he taught me how to play. He got so mad he swept all the pieces off the board onto the floor and I thought he was gonna kick my 9 or 10 year old ass. That's how I knew he didn't let me win  : )

Merry Christmas Ya'all! I know some countries are already celebrating Christmas, today.

If you don't celebrate Christmas then Merry whatever you do celebrate! : )

If you don't celebrate anything then I hope you can at least bask in this one time of year when it is not only completely socially acceptable to be good to yourself and others, but, it is also completely socially acceptable to be frowned on if you're a JERK. Basically It's the one time of year when being good is the cool thing to do. Enjoy.

Ho ho ho... Merrrrry Gaming  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Soul Resonance

• Boss
Re: Ho ho ho
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 02:03:54 AM »
When I was little the best Christmasessesses were the ones at my Grandparent's house half way across the country from where I moved with my parents. Family and friends in every room and food I can still taste. My grandpa was one of those talk softly and scare you like a big stick, guys. Not that he was scary just saying that he didn't have to talk loud to assert his a-thor-i-tie. His deeds spoke for him. My grandma? Get outta here. The food, omg.. Everyone that ever speaks/spoke about grandma always mentions what a good heart she had and usually with a far off look. I always add my agreement to the pile and then my mind wanders off to those magical mashed potatoes and cakes with homemade cream cheese frosting and some special times we had.

There were always puzzle games and whatnot laying around their house. Now that I think about it, my grandpa probably was the one that got me started on gaming. He was a gamer.. He taught me all my early games. Back then it was all pre-digital, pre-analog. Games were made out of wood, cardboard, and this new age thing - plastic. And, one thing that still beats the pants off of todays games -  everything was completely cordless. I'll never forget the satisfaction I got from beating my grandpa at chess after he taught me how to play. He got so mad he swept all the pieces off the board onto the floor and I thought he was gonna kick my 9 or 10 year old ass. That's how I knew he didn't let me win  : )

Merry Christmas Ya'all! I know some countries are already celebrating Christmas, today.

If you don't celebrate Christmas then Merry whatever you do celebrate! : )

If you don't celebrate anything then I hope you can at least bask in this one time of year when it is not only completely socially acceptable to be good to yourself and others, but, it is also completely socially acceptable to be frowned on if you're a JERK. Basically It's the one time of year when being good is the cool thing to do. Enjoy.

Ho ho ho... Merrrrry Gaming  : )
You too Xev, hope to see you next year in CoH and CO :D
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.