Author Topic: Storm/Elec/Elec  (Read 6114 times)

Kelltick

• Boss
Storm/Elec/Elec
« on: December 30, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »
Copying this here from another thread to give it its own discussion area:

Here ya be. Let me know what you would change and why please.
Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Elec Team 3: Level 50 Mutation Defender
Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- Numna-Heal/EndRdx(A), Numna-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- Thundr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Thundr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thundr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dev'n-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Dev'n-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Dev'n-Hold%(7)
Level 2: Lightning Bolt -- Thundr-Acc/Dmg(A), Thundr-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thundr-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thundr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Thundr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thundr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Ball Lightning -- Ragnrk-Knock%(A), Ragnrk-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Ragnrk-Acc/Rchg(19), Ragnrk-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(21), HO:Ribo(21), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(23)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- Det'tn-Dmg/Rng(A), Det'tn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Det'tn-Dmg/Rchg(25), UndDef-DefDeb/Rchg(25), UndDef-Rchg/EndRdx(27), UndDef-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(27)
Level 10: Short Circuit -- Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A), Efficacy-Acc/Rchg(29), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(29)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- SW-ResDam/Re TP(A), SW-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Aim -- AdjTgt-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTgt-Rchg(31), AdjTgt-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 18: Tough -- GA-3defTpProc(A), GA-ResDam(31), GA-End/Res(33)
Level 20: Zapp -- Mantic-Acc/Dmg(A), Mantic-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mantic-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(33), Mantic-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(34), Mantic-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mantic-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(36), HO:Cyto(36)
Level 24: Super Jump -- Zephyr-Travel(A), Zephyr-Travel/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Tornado -- OvForce-Acc/Dmg(A), OvForce-Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvForce-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvForce-End/Rech(37), OvForce-Dam/KB(39)
Level 28: Tesla Cage -- BasGaze-Acc/Hold(A), BasGaze-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- Thundr-Acc/Dmg(A), Thundr-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thundr-Dmg/Rchg(40), Thundr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Thundr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thundr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Thunder Strike -- Erad-Acc/Rchg(A), Erad-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erad-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Erad-Dmg(43)
Level 38: Electric Fence -- GravAnch-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A), GravAnch-Acc/Rchg(43), GravAnch-Immob/EndRdx(50), GravAnch-Hold%(50)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- Aegis-ResDam(A), Aegis-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Aegis-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Thunderous Blast -- SDefendersB-Acc/Dmg(A), SDefendersB-Dmg/Rchg(45), SDefendersB-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SDefendersB-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SDefendersB-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SDefendersB-Rchg/Heal%(48)
Level 47: Power Sink -- Efficacy-EndMod/Rchg(A), Efficacy-EndMod/EndRdx(48), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clrty-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrcl-Rcvry+(A), Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Numna-Heal(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- P'Shift-End%(A), P'Shift-EndMod(15), P'Shift-EndMod/Rchg(17)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

Kelltick

• Boss
Re: Storm/Elec/Elec
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 12:27:43 AM »
I'll give this a whirl in Mids when I get the chance, and mind you my Mids-Fu is quite weak (never got into IO sets too much, so....yeah) but off the bat I'd say some changes I'd make are to find a way to include Hurricane, Snow Storm, and while I usually (read: 99% of the time) take Super Jump myself, I feel that Hover/Fly would fit much better both for controlling some of the KB inherent in Storm, but also thematically.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
I had one for a long time. One of the things I found was that the scatterish powers from storm worked against the end drain from Elec so bear that in mind.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
I had one for a long time. One of the things I found was that the scatterish powers from storm worked against the end drain from Elec so bear that in mind.
Not why I grabbed elec anyways. I like the look of it plus it fits with the theme of the character. If I wanted to go different than that, I would grab Storm/Ice/ and either Leviathan or Ice mastery for theme.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 04:40:34 PM »
Not why I grabbed elec anyways. I like the look of it plus it fits with the theme of the character. If I wanted to go different than that, I would grab Storm/Ice/ and either Leviathan or Ice mastery for theme.

Not suggesting that the combo wasn't fun or useful or anything like that. I was just pointing out that most of the powers in storm leave the baddies moving so it makes it problematic to use elec for it's end drain capacity.
It was just a minor buyer beware kind of comment.

BTW, Lev (School of sharks) would only fix for the slow/skierts and the stuns and would not help for knockabout.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »
Not suggesting that the combo wasn't fun or useful or anything like that. I was just pointing out that most of the powers in storm leave the baddies moving so it makes it problematic to use elec for it's end drain capacity.
It was just a minor buyer beware kind of comment.

BTW, Lev (School of sharks) would only fix for the slow/skierts and the stuns and would not help for knockabout.
No, that's cool. Advice is always welcome. I am well aware that my playstyle isn't optimal (can't tell you the number of times I yelled at my computer during PvP stuff because the build looked good on paper). And I (usually) check Mids and the power descriptions to see if there is a anti-KB/KUP component to a power. Oddly, I saw yesterday that Ice Controllers get a TON of minus KB/KUP in their Immobs and Holds (as compared to most trollers who get it in one or the other). Grav was one of the odd sets I thought as the Immobs didn't root, but their Holds did. I loved that as I could scatter baddies that were Immobbed and still capable of shooting me outside their ranged attacks' reach. Then I would pummel those Held targets asap. Grav had so much in it that I truly loved to this day (except Wormhole...could never get that power to be useful for me).