Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 273696 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #840 on: April 02, 2019, 07:35:38 PM »
Welllll this the start of an Endeavor Helper. Just for fun. As I do them or think of stuff I'll add more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General Info..

Nimbus is a good low level, easy, can bring a full Away-Team, Ground Zone, with Captains(?), and, Gorn, and, Arthropods. Good place for Deal X and Heal X Endeavors on the Ground. I *think* (easy) Captains pop here too - will update..

Rom Patrol mishes are where I go for dealing dmg X, usually. Why? They're always ready to pop and they're super easy so it doesn't matter if my weapons suck or not.

Still don't have/have crappy non-main weapons with which to deal damage of an X type? Farm Hourly Rep.. When you have all the 'free' purple gear you want (and some dil) then you are done.

I outfitted my Boffs with Furidan Fangs and a Zephryn Cochran Shotgun (unique/can't have more than 1) to take care of Melee Damage.. Can buy these with Phoenix Prize Packs. I just got the Holo Tommy Gun (unique) from the last First Contact Event that works very well, too.. The rest of their weapons are from Rep Hourlies.

When preparing to deal damage X - I open up the bank where all my weapons are and outfit my ship and/or Boffs.. When you have your bank open - then all the weapons in it are available to your ship & Boffs for outfitting from the weapon selection dropdown list - this way, you don't have to dig through your entire bank for what you want, and, you don't have to keep your entire inventory of weapons on you. When done, dump all that stuff back in the bank (the boffs can keep their weaps and I just dump whatever they were using before from Inventory into the bank.)

Another way to switch *Space* weapons even way more quickly, of course, is to buy.., Loadout slots and make Loadouts for every Space weapon type. There's no Ground Loudouting that I know of..

~~ If you aren't using THE FOUNDRY for your Endeavors, while you still can, You Are Missing Out. ~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heal Shields/HPs on Ground  - See Above (I use The Foundry Nimbus).

Heal Shields/HPs in Space     - Normal Play does this for me... Load up the toon with the best heals of whatever type you need if you're in a hurry.

Harvest X nodes in Space      - I always go to the Rom Patrol in Japori (near New Romulus). There are 3 nodes near to the warp-in spot and they're always far enough away from combat that I can go in, harvest, leave, Rinse & Repeat as necessary. I dunno if it was luck, but, I found 3 nodes today in Europani, too - there is no Space Battle at all at Europani, the nodes are available before you beam down (or don't..) to the planet for a Ground Patrol..

Harvest X nodes on Ground   - This has actually been one of my hardest until now. I think I've even been re-rolling them. Ground patrols weren't doing it for me.. Ground Battlezones weren't doing it for me.. The mishes people said to try, I didn't have access to because I rarely run mishes anymore.. Then I got a tip to 'try any newb mish' so I did and now this is easy. 'Crossroads at Createris' is the Romulan newb mish that I randomly picked.

Defeat Borg in Space            - This is merely included for completeness... I mean... How many Borg TFOs do j00 need?
Defeat Borg on Ground         - See Above. I would add.... if things go horribly wrong... there's worse things than Leaver Penalties.. Remember, you just need Defeats..

Defeat Herald Ships              - I like The ... Herald Sphere TFO for this.

Defeat Targetable Torpedoes - Undine Assault Advanced TFO and I also usually get 200+ Marks at the end. I just read elsewhere that Crystalline Catastrophe is perfect for this but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Defeat Terrans in Space        - Badlands Battlezone (Alpha Quad) or Counterpoint.
Defeat Terrans on Ground     - I'm a TFO person and as Ground goes, Assault on Terrok Nor is actually decent and has lots of Terrans

Defeat Tholians in Space       - Azure Nebula Rescue is an easy TFO to do this in
Defeat Tholians on Ground    - Nukara & bring your Environmental Suit. Can't have boffs here but the mobs are easy and plentiful.

Defeat Tzenkethi on Ground - "Scylla and Charybdis" in the New Frontiers arc... Be prepared to do a bunch of little space battles, first, in this mish. They are very short but there's like 5. I only needed 10 defeats but proceeded into the ground part of this mish until I got 19.. or 20. At this point you are talking to a Tzenkethi Admiral. I beamed out.... and now have my progress saved so that when I start the mish... I'm fighting ~ 20 Tzenkethi on Ground. In the Google tip that inspired my tip.. the player went past the Admiral fight but he said he got ~ the same amount of mobs as I did (he said he got 20). *shrug* I stopped at the Admiral, this time, due to I wanted to for sure be able to beam back to the start of Ground battle next time, and, I'd already bagged double my limit. OH! You get 1 captain... in this repeatable mish.. too.

Defeat Tzenkethi in Space - Any TFO except... Gravity Kills... o...m...g. OK, honestly, all the Lukari TFOs are not easy (on Advanced, which my dial is stuck on) but I like them. Except for 1. Gravity Kills *can* be a perfectly acceptable choice, but, it usually isn't. Try it to find out what I mean firsthand.

Defeat Voth in Space            - I like Storming the Spire TFO for this. The battleground would be OK if I didn't have to hunt for them.
Defeat Voth on Ground         - Dyson Sphere Battlezone - I just run around looking for mobs until I bag my limit.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:09:00 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2019, 01:56:23 AM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #842 on: April 12, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »
OK so the Foundry is mostly gone now and I had to go hunting for Tzenkethi Ground troops. I started on planet Google...who suggested "Scylla and Charybdis" in the New Frontiers arc...

Be prepared to do a bunch of little space battles, first, in this mish. They are very short but there's like 5. I only needed 10 defeats but proceeded into the ground part of this mish until I got ~ 20. At this point you are talking to a Tzenkethi Admiral. I beamed out.... and now have my progress saved so that when I start the mish... I'm fighting Tzenkethi on the Ground.

This amazing tip has been added to the Endeavor thingy, above!

Man, I wish I woulda saved more Foundry Endeavors mishes! I have exactly...1. And it's...BORG. The most commonly fought foe in what I most commonly do in STO.. - TFOs. Ah well  : )
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:16:57 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #843 on: April 17, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »
Star Farming Trek Online provides the latest answer to the most asked newb question, "How do I get a T6"

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138713

Farming isn't a bad word by nature. They are surely masters at it at STO. I've not seen the level of farming that STO provides, since.........EverQuest..

If buying is easy, the easiest way to get a T6, is, of course, to buy it.
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #844 on: April 20, 2019, 12:55:23 AM »
Sorry, I cannot in good faith continue playing any farther. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138733-command-tier-6-ships-at-any-level%21

They just broke progression. I remember earning every single rank until I got my t6 and it felt awesome. Now it doesn't feel as special as it should. :(
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #845 on: April 20, 2019, 03:35:41 AM »
Sorry, I cannot in good faith continue playing any farther. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138733-command-tier-6-ships-at-any-level%21

They just broke progression. I remember earning every single rank until I got my t6 and it felt awesome. Now it doesn't feel as special as it should. :(

You beat me to the relinking! I was just about to post the same link and ask... "why buy anything but a T6, now?"

What has changed with progression? If you want to fly the same old crappy pre-T6 ships (hehe) as you could all these years until now, you still can. Old Progress Away. Someone needs to fly those old buckets! (hehe)

There was a big discussion in dps-10k about scaling ships when they first came out awhile back. I was all for them, due to, who wants to redo hotkeys every hour as you level up and outgrow the toy ships you are flying until you get a T6. I mean, really, what else are newb ships for, except, to get you a T6.. a ship you won't outgrow..

To me.

Yeah, some pre-T6 ships are cool.. That T5 they just gave us recently for their anniversary that I never fly, looks real cool. However none of them are cool enough that I wouldn't toss any of them over for a T6. Well, and, there's over 400 T6's and more every month from which to find a cool ship...

It's all in how you look at it. The re-hotkeying and repainting of ships every hour or two or three as I level up and outgrow my ships just never appealed to me at all. I'd rather fall in luv with a ship that doesn't lose its usefulness just because I leveled up and I'd rather not redo hotkeys. As far as that goes, flying the same old pre-t6 ships every time I level a noob has no appeal, either..

If you still want to progress with old pre-t6's, have a party.. no one's stopping you as far as I know, unless, I missed something.. *I* have flown my last pre-T6 : p

What I'm curious about, now, is, why buy anything *but* a T6..? I mean, unless you want to be sub-65 forever or just have some special shiplust (like flying the original Enterprise, that, I think, is not available as a T6) for a pre-T6..

I feel more sorry for the Enterprise shipluster that wants to have a T6 version of his ship than the newb who may never get the 'lets fly all the ships you'll never fly at 65' experience.. This, would be one of the reasons that scaling ships were born - so you don't have to give up the ships you luv just due to your level and wanting to fly a ship appropriately geared for your level. So much less tedious to level without having to redo hotkeys and paintjobs all the time, too - on the same old ships you flew last time... Well, and, it's nice to be able to use alllll of the ships you buy.....whenever you want!

I'm as allergic to change as anyone, but, as in this case, it isn't alllllways bad. Plus, no one is saying you can't play like you always did when it comes to ship-picking. Or.. instead of getting the thrill of getting a new ship every hour or two or three as you level - you can exchange that thrill for the thrill of the ship that you want to fly 'permanently', becoming more powerful as you level. You can improve, with the ship, both of you leveling together... with the idea, that, you flew that baby from the ground up - so, you know it better than anyone.

It's all how you look at it. I obviously think this was a good move for them and am not seeing the downside.

And now I must be a good Endeavor Slave and go do mine before it's too late for bed, again.
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #846 on: April 20, 2019, 03:54:28 AM »
You beat me to the relinking! I was just about to post the same link and ask... "why buy anything but a T6, now?"

What has changed with progression? If you want to fly the same old crappy pre-T6 ships (hehe) as you could all these years until now, you still can. Old Progress Away. Someone needs to fly those old buckets! (hehe)

progression has changed. The original way was, a new captain (Ensign or LT) would never be given a ship of the line. And I still stand by that. And that begs the question, why would I want all of my pre t6 ships, when I can just out of the tutorial jump in a get my t6 flight deck carrier. While I will agree, that there is nothing stopping me from leveling the "old" way. Its now why should I?

You and I have been back and forth on many occasions, and this is no different. Like I have previously said I respect your opinion and that wont change. You have to understand my opinion as well. This is coming from an original lifer. I also agree with changes being good, however, some changes such as this is bad. This is just my opinion is all.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #847 on: April 20, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »
The thing is, you haven't lost anything you had before. You can progress the old way. No one is forcing you to level with a T6 - they are giving you the *option* to. Me, when I started the game, I had no T6, and I wasn't interested in buying one, at all. Were I a newb, today, that would not change.

The other thing, is, you have gained something. Now, you can use any account-wide T6 on any newb (and buy lockbox ships for your newbs)... Think of the implications.. Take the T'Pau Event ship that we just got, that is scalable, for example.. If you want to fly a ship that is anything like this... you have to wait until you are able to fly a T6.. There are no 'free' (mish reward) newb Scout ships in the game for Roms.. There are no mish reward Warships...Dreadnaughts... These ships have their own unique mechanics that you won't even get to experience until you can fly a T6.. Wouldn't you like the option on at least one newb to level *with* your ship? You get more powerful, it gets more powerful - but more importantly, you played that ship from the ground up. You played it with less hps.. less shield.. less consoles.. less Boff powers.. and you still kicked ass. Then, you got better and better and your ship also got better and better - the ship, that you already knew how to kick butt with at half the capability..

Are my arguments.

I like to debate. I like to play. I'll be argumentative sometimes just to see how much you believe in what you say. It's all in good fun, though, so never take it personal.

Back when I was living in the CO sub-forum and was posting daily about how much fun I was having - and people that weren't even playing the game were nonstop criticizing the game - then, I was not a happy poster. It was just getting really old. Post fun stuff, read not fun stuff, rinse, repeat - puke.. That was then, though  : )
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:00:46 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #848 on: April 25, 2019, 02:36:26 AM »
Welllllll whaddya know! Thankfully, someone else was parsing (so I probably could have parsed even just a tiny bit higher), and, did an upload of this Random:

Betty@gluv#6751: SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [02:29] DMG(DPS) - @toonsquad: 11.95M(82.46K) @varoid: 10.11M(80.34K) @gluv#6751: 10.95M(76.21K) @evilcoleslaw216#2442: 10.84M(72.56K) @MrNewVegas88: 1.30M(9.17K)

I, toonsquad, am soon to be... the latest member of DPS 75k! wuwu!

That's the first time I flew my Fleet Recon Destroyer since .. months? Jumped in. Hit the Random button and whammo. Finally broke 75k  : )

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #849 on: April 29, 2019, 03:57:19 AM »
Well humph..

There's 2 main parser-related DPS channels as far as I can tell. DPS 10k and up, and, DPS Bronze and up..

Both channels are private and the way to get an invite is to get a high enough parse and upload the parse.

You also have to upload with the appropriate parser to get into the appropriate channel.

The channel that always has 100+ people and yet is always completely silent has a parser, Combat Log Reader (CLR), that is easy to download and use.

The channel that always has at least double the amount of people has an ancient parser that appears to do some kind of validating or downloading from somewhere on the Internet that doesn't exist anymore during its installation - therefore it won't install. This parser is named Star Trek Online Combat Meter (SCM).

I think SCM has a hud overlay, too... which would be pretty great.

Anyway, everyone has to have a parse uploaded from SCM to get into the DPS 10k and up channels.. Yet... No one seems to have the parser or know how it installs..

*boggle*

Well, I made it into DPS Gold, anyway, thanks to CLR... Still no DPS 75k invite.

*shrug*

I'd kinda been looking forward to that.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »
I think SCM may be a 64-bit app. That'd explain some things.

Barely even finishing Endeavors, lately. My apols to the teams I fell asleep in the middle of! lol.. That's always embarrassing.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #851 on: May 12, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
If you're into Mines... I finally upgraded mine to Gold with the latest upgrade weekend. Here's info you can't get from the STO wiki!.... Mine Dispersal: Alpha, and, Beta, are essentially the same, except... Alpha has a much wider spread.

The wiki is maybe citing how the power used to work - due to it says you get more mines than Beta, and, it shows CD differences (there are none), and, it says nothing about the wider spread.

I'm parsing 60K+ in ISA in a T'Pau (Free/Event Ship) with mines *and* I never blow up even though I spam Grav Well. Very rarely anyway.

I tried Mines just due to.... I hadn't before. They can be really fun. I wasn't parsing any higher with my Sci toon before he went to mines and they are easy to use in a small, maneuverable, Scout ship (Grav Well everything together and Roost..) ... sooo.. they're here to stay for the build I use by far the most for my co-Main.

They Laughed at the mention of Mines when I first toyed with the idea, in DPS 10k.. HA! At my level they're actually pretty good if you can fit them into your build. I can only fit them into the T'Pau build atm.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
Sooo it's nearly time for another major download Update.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11146593

There's a new Rep which means new gear and Traits. There's also scaling T6's and some new Mishes.

I guess it does qualify as a major update.. Scaling T6's is a core change.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #853 on: May 15, 2019, 03:09:30 PM »
I did a little testing on an interesting Stealth (ok it *was* buried in the patch notes) Buff from the last patch. You can now summon all of your mines to your current location.. This new power that everyone gets by default has a cooldown of like 1 minute (ok it was a try, more than a test, I wasn't paying attention to detail) which wasn't bad in practice. I'd even go so far as saying it was fun and useful.

It's basically a free power we didn't have before when using Mines. Seems like a good one.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #854 on: May 16, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #855 on: June 07, 2019, 01:56:32 AM »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #856 on: June 25, 2019, 04:30:54 AM »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #857 on: July 04, 2019, 01:34:32 AM »
Decided to test my theory on SCM (parser) being 64-bit, and, it *does* install for me now. However, it also lights up Windows Defender like a pinball machine, and, is more cumbersome than CLR (the other parser), so, I've decided to stick with the same old parser I've had all along even if it doesn't seem to get me in the higher DPS channels right away.

One obvious feature I'd like to recommend to both: make the combatlogs easier to drill down to, huh? Every time you load either parser you have to dig around for the combatlogs. I seem to be able to find them faster in CLR.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #858 on: July 05, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »
It'd suck to miss out on this, so, it finally dawned on me to post a link just in case..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11196543

25% off of eeeverything in the Z-Store for a couple of more days.

I finally got Withering Barrage... and the Arbiter. And Loadouts!

Loadouts are good due to Endeavors. Make a loadout for every damage type. Something else I like about Loadouts, is, if you discharge the ship that's using them you get them back. Not that I have any immediate need to do so... but it's a nice ability.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #859 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:39 AM »
Some Faves: