Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 276129 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2016, 09:03:36 PM »
Well, it's ...... a start. Ha. : )

---------------

Hangar Pets, finally looked it up again from the Tactical tree, on the bottom. What are Hangar Pets? I still have 5 points to burn.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:03:54 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2016, 02:22:57 AM »
If I recall correctly, that's for use with carriers. So unless you plan on flying a carrier a lot, I would not put points there.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
Sweet. I can try carriers with a different toon sometime. Captain Stubing's Luv Boat could be a carrier someday, that seems fitting.. That means I can pick shield drain back up again and I'll get at least 1 more of those This or That choices by spending those last points.

They timed their skills revamp nicely for me. My newbie first build improved.

By the way, I said I couldn't see why crit severity was so great when crit chance is normally so low? Wasn't considering powers that give 100% crit chance.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2016, 06:47:55 PM »
You mostly get Admiralty ships by having the actual ship that you can fly around in. There are other ways - like completing an Admiralty arc...tree? The fed/kling/rom thing up to level 10. Sometimes there will be an event or something where you can get another.

As far as why crit chance is not a valued mod - and this is just from a non expert - i figure it's because that it is quite easy to get high levels of crit chance without using up a whole mod on a weapon for just an extra 2% chance. The same could also be said for acc. It's easy to end up with lots of bonuses for these through skills and gear.

The DPS folks love crit chance but hate to use it as a weapon mod.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »
The Admiralty ship we just got for free is my best one. Then there are the two freebies that came with the Admiralty system. The freebie they gave everyone recently that has the real low stats is still useful for adding a few extra stats and it's also good for burning off Admiralty mishes that require stats that are way out there compared to the ships I have (virtual no-wins) - especially since it has no cooldown so I can send it right back out again when it's done.

I've gotten two one-use ships that are the best by far. One of them was a doff mish reward from... Delta? and the other came from an Admiralty mish.

I don't even know what good running the Admiralty mishes is but ... I .... Must ... keep ... Things ... beeping and flashing!

*whacks a mole*

STO builds, crit chance included, are fun. Looking forward to a Science/control/drain/heal type build after I'm happier with mr. dps.

Then I'll gear for Ground and run some queues, then, maybe, back to some mishes.

is kinda the 'plan'  : )

------------------------------------------

Oh hey.. What is an alternative to Space Dock for going to the Exchange and possibly grabbing mailed items returned from the Exchange? Something with less traffic and beaming?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:39:03 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
Oh hey.. What is an alternative to Space Dock for going to the Exchange and possibly grabbing mailed items returned from the Exchange? Something with less traffic and beaming?

Deep Space 9, Starbase 39. K7.

Rolling a Klingon, Qo'Nos.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »
(Sorry, necro'd an old reply without paying attention to the page count.  Carry on.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:44:49 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2016, 11:04:25 PM »
Ding 60, finally. Joined a small new Fleet for kicks. They seem nice. 'Blackened Skies'. The leader's name is Black something or something Black - it doesn't appear to be named after a depressing cult at this point.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »
Damn these huge weekly patches  : / My usage just reset and I get pinged for 550 meg..

Is it me or does 400-600 meg a week seem a lil bit much? If that's the new average mmo update size I'm gonna have probs. I'm already having them! ha. I hope I'm not left sucking for megabytes again this month.. Would be a crummy reason to have to quit.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2016, 12:04:59 AM »
I'm not real big on reposts buuuuuuut just in case there's an STO'r out there not playing atm... this seemed decent enough to pass along.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9937943
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2016, 12:23:44 AM »
I'm not real big on reposts buuuuuuut just in case there's an STO'r out there not playing atm... this seemed decent enough to pass along.

if you like that take a look at http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/918-temporal-special-agent-pack :D, while I personally do not care for the first 5 ships that four or so look awesome :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2016, 02:34:42 AM »
Dang, now I feel even luckier we got Chekov for free!

One hundred and thirty bananas. Wow.
Some Faves:

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2016, 02:51:53 AM »
I tried installing recently and it completely filled my SSD. I was NOT expecting that and now need to see if I can change the folder location in Steam for JUST that game.  :-[

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:41 AM »
I was jealous you have an SSD until I realized it is microscopic. (*snicker*) Or was it just full already... The game is 10 gig. It's a fat download but not so big of a size for a game.
Some Faves:

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2016, 03:45:33 AM »

Holy ********. That... is incredible. I do have to wonder though... do you create a TOS character, and have to keep them in that era? Or do you create them, play through a short little TOS era story arc, and then temporal-magic-mechanics just stick them in the normal gameplay universe?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2016, 07:15:13 AM »
Holy ********. That... is incredible. I do have to wonder though... do you create a TOS character, and have to keep them in that era? Or do you create them, play through a short little TOS era story arc, and then temporal-magic-mechanics just stick them in the normal gameplay universe?
What I get from reading this is, it might be a separate l1-60 campaign. You create a TOS character then go through that timeline. From what little evidence that has come out, I would say they stay in that era.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
I was jealous you have an SSD until I realized it is microscopic. (*snicker*) Or was it just full already... The game is 10 gig. It's a fat download but not so big of a size for a game.

Yeah, it was pretty full already. The size of the game was a shock. Sadly, the main reason I ended up buying an SSD is CoH demo editing. Lots of trial and error with settings and relaunching the client thousands of times just took too long, and also destroyed my last hard drive.  :P

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2016, 05:53:32 PM »
Whenever I can start upgrading again SSD is top on the list. No more slow, ancient, moving parts technology. They're (big shock, huh) getting cheaper and bigger all the time too.
Some Faves:

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2016, 05:55:35 PM »
I'm curious to how they're doing this... is it just a different bank of missions that the rest of us in the 25th century keep cruising among them indifferently?  (We're in the past!  ...er, uh, just ignore those 25th century ships next to us in the same sector. *Handwave*)  Or are they in a new pocket of the past Beta Sector (not so much a new beta sector but an instance of it) only containing Federation TOS players? Or something else more clever that I didn't think of.

If the instance thingy, I can see a few possibilities to how that would work.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2016, 06:52:51 AM »
Looks like STO is going to be on the PS4 and xbox http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9956413