Author Topic: Star Trek Online  (Read 273692 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Star Trek Online
« Reply #920 on: April 12, 2020, 03:49:14 PM »
One less thing to farm in STO!

But wait.. They finally made it where your toons can auto-claim Admiralty ships in the last patch and then they nerf the main (only?) reason people run Admiralty.

A dubious decision but I'm glad to have one less thing tempt me into farming in STO. Some people will be crushed by this decision to some degree due to they are used to regularly logging in and running Admiralty on, I do believe I have seen numbers in the dozens, toons.

It wasn't thaaaat long ago that STO gave us double the options to farm Dil with Admiralty (and they just gave us the Admiralty ship auto-claim). Now they are basically removing all the options to farm Dil with Admiralty.

*shrug*

My reaction to this is to continue to not run Admiralty, but, now, be pretty much guilt-free for not snatching up the easy Dil.

I suspect that went over easier with the developer team than to artificially gate the Zen to Dil exchange to have 800 dil per Zen as an artificial minimum going forward.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #921 on: April 12, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »
I suspect that went over easier with the developer team than to artificially gate the Zen to Dil exchange to have 800 dil per Zen as an artificial minimum going forward.

I must be overly tired or something because I keep re-reading and it's not helping. The exchange is already capped at 500 Dil per Zen as far as I know? Like CO?

STO has wizards working for them is what I think. They can make you OP.. Shower you with accountwide plunder... And it totally works. Somehow. I mean, the price of Zen bought with Dil is (I have to go online and look... aww crud I forgot to run the Daily brb.. I didn't win  : /).. surprisingly good as is often the case. And I don't feel OP even though I have the majority of Space Endeavors done.

Wizards I tell ya.

I mean, they have really changed the game since I first played it, even, yet it feels/plays the same and they manage to have a consistently very well working economy. That's a pretty good achievement.

As far as the Dil farming going away with Admiralty. I was halfway relieved to read the news. I mean, Admiralty paid off and I have mutated farming genes from playing too much EverQuest and so it was hard for me to pass up the 'easy' Dil, but, on the other side of things - it's mind-numbingly boring and there are way more fun things to do. Now I am freed of my Admiralty Guilt. My second thought after reading the news was that I felt bad for the small group of people that didn't 'abuse' the system and that ... maybe had a hard time farming Dil otherwise (somehow) - at the same time I was kinda cheering that they were dealing with people that spent what seemed to be most if not all of their time farming Admiralty with Dozens of toons, Daily, for whatever reason, maybe to make rl cash, fx, making STO their business - not their game. I don't wanna interfere with how someone makes a living I just personally prefer to log in with other players and not into a job.

Admiralty was kinda like a 'Help Wanted' sign for gold farmers. I think in small letters it said 'Jem'hadar preferred'.

Anyway, I'm kinda all for the change except for if it makes it hard for actual players who may have actually enjoyed farming their dil with Admiralty so that they could progress with their toons.

Wth were you trying to say, Tahquitz, I still don't get it I must be extra dense today  : ) STO only ever flirted with their existing 500 dil ceiling (last I knew) so I dunno why they would be thinking to go 800. Prices of Zen isn't even 400 Dill today. 380something.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #922 on: April 14, 2020, 12:16:57 AM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #923 on: April 21, 2020, 03:10:55 PM »
They just had a nice newb event in Neverwinter (I *think* it's over). It wasn't double XP but you get one of those very expensive Neverwinter Bags for your newb and other goodies. Now that I think about it I got a new Main out of the event..

Well, now STO is aiding altism with their 3 week double XP event.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11407913

The NW event was really good but I coulda used some double xp. Of course I want it all. I'm human.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #924 on: May 16, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »
So it shouldn't be long now until I get to pick between a new ship and some lobi or a bigger pile of lobi without a new ship.

I'm really in no hurry to pick either, but, I have to say again how well STO handles their loots. This is accountwide loot that was available to earn by any and all toons on my account, AND, I didn't have to log on every single day and participate. I think they gave me like 1 whole week of fluff time on each of the three mini-events that lead to the ultimate loot for participating in all three. And I think there was a little break between mini-events, too.

I'm playing Neverwinter regularly, lately, and not STO, but, I still like STO as much as I ever did, so, it's been nice to have an incentive to semi-regularly log in and work my finger muscle memory in fast popping queues with plenty of people who know how they work. When/if I play regularly again I have a small pile of Lobi to figure out how to spend now too.

Had STO not been like the above I would have wanted to log in once in awhile to remember how to play, but, I probably wouldn't have. I think that says something good about the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The point above remains, however, just for factualosity.. there's still 2 whole mini-events to go and I've only (nearly) completed .. 2? I rly thought we finished 2 Already... I rly thought I looted 2 lewts I haven't even looked at yet..

See, that's how much I'm not playing but I still play good enough to fill out my spot in a queue team about as well as ever.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:52:49 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #925 on: May 30, 2020, 01:04:14 PM »
When you say Farming, two games will always come to mind... The all-time King... EverQuest, and, more recently, Star Trek Online. Star Trek Online must make the list due to I don't even play the game anymore (I'm just into something else atm) and I still log in long enough to ... farm..

Bravo and job well done. I mean, that's a feat.

And so..... the grand finale of STO's latest farming feature...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11440753

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #926 on: June 22, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »
Like I was saying, STO, is, all about the farming.

They're also all about giving everything away...

It's a weird combo but somehow they end up making money with it. Just when you think STO can't give away anything more they always manage to. Year after year.

Anyway, yay - more accountwide (yum yum) unlocks from the lewt wizards at STO.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »
Ohhhh STO has a Xev. I have no Xev on STO, but I have some names close to that (I did Not realize as a newb that the Romulan 'T' prefix was usually reserved for Female Roms btw...). When I saw it in the DPS channels (wtg!) I thought I had another Cryptic chat box fart(TM), but, no, it was a completely other person.

You don't see many xevs. That's mainly why I picked it. An old habit from the you-have-to-type-everyone's-full-name days, too - nice and short name.

I stole the name.... when I made my CoH account. I liked the sound of it and the thing I stole it from no longer existed (sorta) and was old so I figured no one would miss it. I always had a hard time coming up with names and short ones were even harder.

Anyway, Hi Xev. There's not many of us out there. I see Vex/Vexx a lot.. But I think that was the first Xev I've seen since early EverQuest. Again, I stole it, so, if someone else uses it - what can I say - it came pre-stole. I've grown to like it (never really identified with it for years) but I like my newer @, too, which, was at least more original - toonsquad. Toonsquad was made to emulate Goonsquad which was supposed to come from Princess Bride but then afterwards I remembered that was actually a Brutesquad that Andre the Giant was in... But then, I always end up making a squad of toons in any new game so it works and stuck. Xev is probably a namier type name though.. Hmmm. I dunno. I'll answer to either. They're both cheerier than Deth, which, was what I mostly got called before those.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:29:45 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #928 on: June 28, 2020, 06:24:31 PM »
OK you know what..

For a game that I'm not presently playing they sure keep coming up with new things for me to farm. I keep telling everyone - STO is master at lewt and the farming of. I thought I was gonna get a break but nuuuuu.

*next*

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11464293
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #929 on: July 01, 2020, 12:06:07 AM »
So... a bunch of new Klingon luv.... but... they left out the Best Klingon in the game!

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kurn

Instead we get Martok..

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Martok

I think Kurn actually is Klingon irl. He is also major shades of Sho 'Nuff which is who I originally thought the voice actor is (but he's not, he's The Candyman). He's my favorite STO klingon by far.

~~~

Ooops... link..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461043?eh=D6584A78AC0714F28882D26E80B61D2A88FAF95E088863D618EB144FE3CF6EEB
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:11:51 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #930 on: August 19, 2020, 12:50:26 AM »
Very, very nice!  They just announced four new support carriers, including the long-awaited T6 Vo'Quv upgrade, the Vo’devwl Support Carrier.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477183

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #931 on: August 19, 2020, 04:24:27 PM »
I've probably been kicked out of my fleet by now. I probably am not going to make it through that megamarathonfarmquest that leads to Lobi and/or a T6 either - I made it all the way to the last event.

Neverwinter just isn't leaving me any spare spare time lately.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #932 on: October 09, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
Yay I'm still in my Fleet! I'd kinda been dreading logging on to find out I wasn't. That's how it works. People don't log on for awhile and they have to make space due to you can only have X amount of ppl in a Fleet.

Way more important is that the T7 is finally here! Well.. sorta.. T6.5?

“Experimental Upgrades”

·         +1 Device Slot

·         +1 Universal Console Slot

·         +1 Starship Trait Slot (only active on ships that have had an Experimental Prototype Upgrade applied)

Account-Wide Upgrades

Much as it has always been when upgrading any T5 Ship to T5-U, Experimental Upgrades are not limited to a single character when applied. Each time you apply an Experimental Upgrade to a ship on your account, that Ship Class will then be free to upgrade on other characters across your entire account.

From October 6th to November 5th, anyone can claim one of these tokens per account in the Space Items section of the Zen Store for free!
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #933 on: October 10, 2020, 11:14:49 PM »
If you happen to log in like I did to get your free goodies and then decide to do some playing.. If you go to your Skill Tree you'll notice that it says something like Skills Invalid and you also have a free retrain token waiting.. I didn't notice it yesterday when I ran a couple of rtfos but there was a fleet wide message about it in mail today. Soooo I pass it on to you. I dunno what the effect of our skills being Invalid is. It sounds like a forced free retcon.

I was gonna take a screenie of my skills and then do a retcon but I can't get any type of screenshot to work. Even with the game windowed, although, I guess I can do a windows screenie. But I can't get STO to take any kind of screenie for me. So I'll do my retcon/play some other time.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #935 on: January 28, 2021, 09:06:19 PM »
Looks like Klingons are getting some luv. They also have some new thing to buy to let any character fly any ship - when I looked at the description it said I just had to get a Klingon to 65(?) and I'd have the same ability.

Well I finally logged in to see if there were any freebies to claim for the 11th Anniversary.. Damn! I missed the free t5 and free experimental upgrade and I dunno what else .. Maybe they give away something else nice before it's all done if it's not already. Boo effing hoo..

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #936 on: April 01, 2021, 02:49:11 PM »
Omgx0rz! They are always coming up with something new..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11486273

Today, as I recall... is the best day of every year to play STO.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #937 on: May 22, 2021, 07:02:02 PM »
FREE STUFF

starting today

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488653

Hit the STO button..... by accident? today. I miss playing STO but I'm just on a roll in NW lately.
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #938 on: May 24, 2021, 01:20:25 AM »
Huh, it's been a long time since I played or even checked in.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #939 on: May 29, 2021, 08:25:59 PM »
Man I cannot believe I forgot to log in for the t6 upgrade whatever thing and the Feresan(?) race unlock.

The daily giveaways were over on the 25th and I logged in on the 26th and.... was still able to snag some t6 experimental upgrade thing but I didn't get the race unlock. I got the inventory slots too.

Not playing either. Just because I'm playing something else. If I could play them both at the same time I'd probly do it and toss another game or two in there if I could. My fleet hasn't kicked me yet... which is pretty cool. Fleets are known to do that when ya don't log on for months at a time.

The Neverwinter guild I'm in, now, they have no sentimentality. You leave that guild for longer than a few weeks, I don't care who you ever were to the guild, and they will kick you. And there's room for 100+ new accounts (we're 2/3rds empty) and their alts. And we can't even get a team together to do the new content so it's not like we're leet or anything. Boggles me. I mean what does it hurt to leave a few names from the people that built the guild but don't play now for one reason or another.

Anyway, yeah. I think I snagged the best free stuff. Just thought I'd post in case anyone wanted to scoop it up for later use. Especially the t6 upgrade thing. I think I have 2 of those now.
Some Faves: