Author Topic: How to still have fun playing pre-patch  (Read 1384 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
How to still have fun playing pre-patch
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »
Lately I've noticed a serious degradation in CO fun factor. After giving the problem some careful examination I think I've found the source and at least a temporary solution.

After careful examination I've found that lately my chat window has been bombarded by a barrage of bad news. The next thing I know I'm distracted from actually playing the game and instead getting upset about this thing or that scrolling up from every channel. I've also noticed that lately my AE window is also full of bad news due to all the toys I look for are either gone or at a price I won't pay.

The Solution:
1.) Minimize chat. This offers instant relief and is a single click for more uncluttered screen space. Re-open during team-up or other special situations.
2.) When going to the AE, only shop for newb gear that drops from trash mobs. You can go outside this realm for things like certain consumables... but be cautious and sure to note the things you don't want to search for again until the patch is over.

This has been working fairly well for me so I thought I'd pass it along in case it helps anyone in a similar situation.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>