Author Topic: Free camera character viewing  (Read 3764 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Free camera character viewing
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:06:04 AM »
I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to disconnect the camera from the character so I can view what part of a certain texture is used on the inside of one specific pair of boots. I tried angling the camera and zooming but the best I can get is an unclear image or images from the wrong angle where that face cannot be seen.

so I would like to move the camera off it's default pivot point around the character.

is there a way to do this?
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Free camera character viewing
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:09:50 AM »
I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to disconnect the camera from the character so I can view what part of a certain texture is used on the inside of one specific pair of boots. I tried angling the camera and zooming but the best I can get is an unclear image or images from the wrong angle where that face cannot be seen.

so I would like to move the camera off it's default pivot point around the character.

is there a way to do this?
First thing to do when you're working in a Titan project and have questions about operations...? Probably check the wiki.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 03:31:21 AM »
First thing to do when you're working in a Titan project and have questions about operations...? Probably check the wiki.

lol and just like that it's answered, now lets hope I have issue 24 installed. I think it may be issue 23. odd considering I played uptill the last minute on this machine.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:42:35 AM »
Sadly no Issue 24, and the torrent wont open for me, keeps saying it's not valid ben coding. tried tequila that says it only has titan icon and paragon chat installers for download.

let me get to the point, I want a picture of the Ascension boots, in specific, the front toes part, But I want a picture of the faces which are parallel to the back of the heel and hidden inside the foot.

if anyone could get a picture of this it will help me out. thanks!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 04:44:01 AM »
tried tequila that says it only has titan icon and paragon chat installers for download.
............ tell it to download Icon and it will update your current install. Do I really have to lead you by the nose? It's tiring.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »
............ tell it to download Icon and it will update your current install. Do I really have to lead you by the nose? It's tiring.

well, thanks, stuck downloading geom.pigg, I know it's big but sheesh it's been going all day on most that. must be the connection between me and the server, probably a bad line somewhere. oh well I'm sure it will finish at some point, thanks again.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:12 AM »
oi vey!

they used the same texture region 2 times, once for the back of the heel and once for the region talked about here on the toe section. here I was following the way they had been working for the entire rest of the model looking for a unique section of the image for this area. I guess they must have figured that because most of it is hidden inside the bridge of the foot they didn't need to do anything special or waste more texture space. that's a valid reason, but still there were open holes on the map that could have sufficed for a custom design for the piece. then again that would have added a few more kb to the image size which might have been out of their budget.