Author Topic: A lil TA  (Read 2400 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
A lil TA
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »
One nice thing about TA is that it is 5 player. One bad thing about it is it can be intimidating or hard to get in a team for whatever reason. I've been joining teams through Rampagers channel up until now and that's been working out pretty good for me.

If anyone here's interested in forming a weekend or whenever TA raid team you have 1 teammate here. Then we just have to get 3 more. And we have until whenever.

We could do this for other stuff too. For example I wanted to do Andrith runs non solo recently and thought to post about it here in case anyone else was trying to get a severity core or maybe had something They didn't want to solo or were having a hard time teaming for for whatever reason.

Jusst a thought.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

rebel 1812

• Boss
Re: A lil TA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:23:03 AM »
what is TA?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Hehe you must not have logged on for awhile!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 05:09:50 AM »
TA is the new big deal. They've been advertising it for awhile and it's finally live. The game has probably changed a fair amount since you logged in last. Some vendors have moved and have different items and there is different stuff in the Q and Z store and there are new ways to buy some things and costs for many things have changed and rewards for some common things, like Dailies and Rampages, have changed and there is a new Currency that comes from running TA and you can buy new mods and gear with it and....

Anyway, TA (Teleious Ascendant (sp)) is Rampage tough but only requires 5 people. One thing worth mentioning about it is that it usually takes a long time (hours) to finish the first times due to it is varying levels of hard depending on players current skill, gear, and patience level. That said, I would team with anyone who wanted to try it. Newbie AT, or whoever. Just be 40 and have what You consider to be good gear and toys. If it's your first run I would suggest just going with the flow and learning the ropes and having fun as your first priority and don't even worry about winning. The fanciest superpants in the game on down had to take a long time on their first TA runs and they play a lot more and have a lot better gear than you and me.

I'd be up for other stuff too. TA seemed good due to it's new and relatively big and everyone wants to at least try it and it's only 5 player plus it can be hard to find a spot in a good and/or patient and not screaming/freaking team. I'd been thinking to see if anyone wanted to do Andrith runs since awhile back but I have enough of the new currency to buy severity cores that are about as good as what I could get after cursing about 10 billion Andrith runs. I won't do Dark Speed unless you (whoever) are an expert at farming it. I've had players show me (not in detail) how it's done before and it put to complete and utter shame any attempt I ever made. I'd be up for about anything else.

By the way, I have a special offer on Turbo Grab Runs for your (whoever) newbs for say.... 5g a pop?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:36:39 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:49:32 AM »
Sounds like the Temple of Tetrakiel raid.  It could take an hour or so to finish.  Or that comic, aftershock.  To do all the episodes back to back was an hour.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
There's only 4 fights but they are tough like the two real Rampages. The Gravi fight is similar to the Gravi rampage. Grand is similar to Warlord. Medusa is similar to Gravi + hot potato. And then there is Teliosaurus who has kept his share of players from grabing the new Gold Rec.  Trash mobs are level... 45?

I had a blast running this with good teams (go @kazecat!). I had no fun at all in teams freaking out because they hadn't won yet. It's the kind of thing, at this point at least, that you want to go into with friends or calmer people unless you're an adrenaline + scream junkie. It might be hard to get into teams if you're an AT too - similar to Rampages. But not here. I'll go in with anyone. Just have your levels and get as good as gear as you can for now.

The rewards are very sweet but don't expect to earn any of them. Prices are through the roof. EXCEPT for mods. If you complete just 1 TA run and toss in just 7 Silver Recs you can have 7 Severity Cores which are level 3. They offer something like 3.7 severity vs. 4.2 that level 5 mods give and that you get, very rarely, from Viko runs. Which is good enough for me. And they can be combined just like any other mod. There are other new mods too and for the same price. Head into Until and there is a vendor there with all the new goodies.

My playtime just got shredded due to winter decided to end early, here. We're already into 65 - 80+ degree days and no freezing nights in the forecast. Since moving back to the Bush where I was born I've been trying to break into the agriculture field after being a tech most my of my adult life. There's not a whole lot to do in winter but when Spring hits... Maybe this year I even get paid for my phenomenally kickass work. That would be a cool change. Anyway, point is. it's gonna be harder for me to get into a team but then again with only two of us here talking about this it probably won't be a problem... ha  : )

Some Faves: