Author Topic: Hero Virtual Tabletop Simplified Release > Character Spawner  (Read 2370 times)

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Hero Virtual Tabletop Simplified Release > Character Spawner
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:20:11 AM »
Having coded myself into a bit of a wall, I've decided to heavily refactor HVTT, this time using a way tighter object oriented approach backed with test driven development. I also want to release small functions, get some feedback, and control the quality of what is coming out.

With that in mind the  link below is to a simple GUI based character spawner that is easy to install and allows you to set up a roster of characters that can be easily re-spawned, moved around, basically taking some of the existing icon functions and adding a UI around it. Compared to the featureset of the orginal HVTT, this is deliberately unambitious, but feel like what I am building this time around has more legs from a technical perspective.

A short video can be found here...
https://youtu.be/pJM5GpTuSVg

Actual file here...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ruh2nfeod1oi4jv/AADiS1hglvOwLhi71KHiBEnUa?dl=0

DarkCurrent

• Boss
Re: Hero Virtual Tabletop Simplified Release > Character Spawner
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »
Very nice!

I was looking at the Hero Combat Simulator video as well.  I didn't catch if you have to set up the animations for each power your characters simulate or if that's a giant file that's pre-configured.

My dream is to model combat simulations like you've done using the animations from the game.  The only current way to do that is from the character creator screens when you're customizing your powers.  Or you can use the emotes in Icon / Paragon Chat, but most of those lack the power fx.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Re: Hero Virtual Tabletop Simplified Release > Character Spawner
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:05:29 AM »
You can do exactly that with the larger version! you set up animation entries on a per character basis. Each entry is a sequence of FX, movements. sounds, or nested sequences. each entry can be connected to a keystroke. When you target a toon it loads his/her animations and binds it to keystrokes in real time.

As you are building you can preview the animations in game. The larger version comes with a UI database to make this effort relatively painless.

Highly recommend you check it out as I think it does everything you need and a bunch more!