Author Topic: City of Data - Now updated for Issue 12  (Read 15844 times)

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
City of Data - Now updated for Issue 12
« on: May 06, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »
After a couple of months working through my backlog of missions to put into the database I'm finally up to date on that front, which means it's time for an update to the City of Data project at last. You can now view data accurate for the 17.20080416.1 build on Test.

So if you've ever fancied being a Night Widow but don't have time to spend on the Test server you can get a glimpse of what's in store for you when i12 goes live over at City of Data.

You'll also notice I've put a lot of work into tidying up the display of powers to hopefully make it a lot easier on the eye. The most obvious example is when looking at a power which grants an enhancement to a set of damage types/defense types. Now, instead of listing the an effect for each damage type, the effects are grouped into one item.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep the site up to date with the changes as Issue 12 evolves on Test server.

matorel

• Underling
    • CoX screenshots
Re: City of Data - Now updated for Issue 12
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:50:45 AM »
Big thanks  ;)

@Matorel on Vigilance

Archmage Chaos

• Underling
  • Just Another Freak In The Freak Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:54:07 PM »
Looks fabulous, definitely liking the new feel.

One thing, though, each power in the Power Quantification has a note about whether or not it notifies mobs, but the chart spells it "Nofity".  Might wanna fix that.

Keep up the incredible work!
"Not only did I disturb your precious angels, but I shredded their silken wings and drank their heavenly ichor." -- R.J.M. Lofficier
----------------------------------------------

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »
I like the new 'choose the archetype' and the summary of all the pools we get after we are done, unfortunately there is a bad side, we can't see the pools of the pets anymore since the links still don't work and when we manually select their categories in the drop-down menu, we are automatically sent back to the 'select the archetype' page. Could you disable the redirection to the new menu on these page until you fix that? thanks a lot!

Also, if you want to definitely take out these drop down menus, maybe you should put links to get back to the power we were viewing, a simple cross list of the database could show all the powers that summon this pet. Although these drop-down menus are still useful but could be arranged the manner you designed the navigation now: one for the archetype, one for the type of pool (primary, secondary, pool, ancillary/epic) then the power pool itself and finally the power.

Please keep in mind I appreciate your work, it's not so easy, and these are just suggestions of what a user such as myself would like to have, no more ;)

PS: I haven't ever seen the spelling mistake of 'notify', it didn't bother me. Thanks for nofitying us ^^
Yeeessss....

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »
I like the new 'choose the archetype' and the summary of all the pools we get after we are done, unfortunately there is a bad side, we can't see the pools of the pets anymore since the links still don't work and when we manually select their categories in the drop-down menu, we are automatically sent back to the 'select the archetype' page. Could you disable the redirection to the new menu on these page until you fix that? thanks a lot!

Also, if you want to definitely take out these drop down menus, maybe you should put links to get back to the power we were viewing, a simple cross list of the database could show all the powers that summon this pet. Although these drop-down menus are still useful but could be arranged the manner you designed the navigation now: one for the archetype, one for the type of pool (primary, secondary, pool, ancillary/epic) then the power pool itself and finally the power.

Please keep in mind I appreciate your work, it's not so easy, and these are just suggestions of what a user such as myself would like to have, no more ;)

PS: I haven't ever seen the spelling mistake of 'notify', it didn't bother me. Thanks for nofitying us ^^

It's very much in progress and I never got around to tidying up the navigation I'm afraid -- blame the devs, Issue 12 came out earlier than I expected and I'm busy playing the game for once :)

All the things you mention are certainly in the plan though, so it's a case of when, not if they turn up :)

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:27:08 AM »
Is it still possible to access the pet/power pool/APP/PPP pages via url?

korith

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:59:16 PM »
Controllers are missing a link to Primal Forces Mastery.

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »
Controllers are missing a link to Primal Forces Mastery.

Sorted.