More Titan Projects > ParagonWiki

Spambot Rampage

(1/8) > >>

Felderburg:
So I went to the wiki, and noticed that the recent changes list is filled with spambot articles. I've also seen several mod deletions of spambots and their articles in the last few weeks. What's going on?

LateNights:
You mean you missed the three pages of spam they had here yesterday?

All within an hour or so...

Felderburg:
Apparently. Turns out the rampage is ongoing right now, as we type.

Codewalker:
Thanks for pointing it out. The wiki is set to read-only, cleanup is ongoing and for now new user registration has been disabled.

Apologies to anyone who registered for a Titan account in the last couple days. It was impossible to separate the hundreds of spambot accounts from any real ones, so I locked out every account created in the last 2 days. If you got unintentionally swept up in it, you can use the 'reset password' feature to send an email to the address you registered with and unlock your account.

Blondeshell:
I discovered it yesterday afternoon and started going at blocking the accounts as they kept creating new ones. Once it finally stopped, I started going about deleting the spam posts -- manually, mind you. At least 80 different accounts and 1500 articles, first showing up late Sunday night, but hitting full-force Monday morning. I planned to work on it more tonight, so I'm glad an automated process took over. My mouse-clicking hand was getting preeetty sore.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version