Author Topic: TA  (Read 1515 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
TA
« on: March 03, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »
Brought up OSVs, may as well bring up Teleios Ascendant..

I've only ran it < 10 times total with 3 toons so far. I like it. Liked it from the first.

Snakewildlife said tanks alllllways have to work hard. Hmm. Well. They do in TA. IDAK (my tank) has the gear for it but since I don't play him much lately I felt lucky to get teams that let me try main and off-tanking on my first TA run ever. Main tanking was hard work! I will leave Support to the masters on this one, too. For now at least. As dps I felt right at home. I mean... Yum.

There only needs to be 5 people so there's no splitting up of teams or buffs like you get in a Rampage. It's generally easier to get 5 players together than 10, too. I dunno how this works out with the rewards at the end because I can't remember ever entering a team after the beginning, and, completing TA - but - players Can come and go throughout TA. This comes in handy due to TA can be long. It also comes in handy for trying alts if your current toon isn't doing what you want in the team you are in and you want to try something else.

The boss AoE visuals seem clearer than normal to me and I like the boss fights in general although I always have problems with that pass the stacks of hp siphons fight.

The rewards? Hmm. I just now am starting to look at how to get them and except for browsing costs haven't looked past the new mods as far as what the new gear even is. I don't expect to get any of the new gear anytime soon but if I was in an SG who was inclined towards things such as TA then I probly would not have probs to get tokens.

I like running TA and plan to run more. At this point it's mostly for fun factor and only when I have a good 1 hour block to devote to it. I'm not going for the rewards but I don't think they are out of reach even for casuals like me.

Thumbs up. It's almost CoH Trials material.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: TA
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
I don't even want to bother with it.  I have a few reasons:

1: It's trinity content.
2: People are only going to do it for the rewards.
3: The rewards are inconsistent.

The later two are examples of a "skinner box", which is designed to make people play well past the point that it's still fun and still keep playing for the reward.  This results in the generally acid behavior you see in mmorpgs as it is.  Which, kind of brings up the last issue:

4: As with rampages, people will stop doing it once they've gotten the rewards and ignore it.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it's to late for me to really bother.  Of course it can also lead to:

5: Catch 22 team requirements; you have to have the items acquired in the lair to join certain teams.

The last one is a very nasty reason to dislike this kind of content, because it often happens :/.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: TA
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »
LA, seriously...

I mean you haven't even tried it.

Attitude has a lot to do with the enjoyment of TA even when you Do try it. It's definitely not for everyone. People who weren't into CoH Trials most likely would not be into TA.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>