Author Topic: CoH Sound Effect Files?  (Read 1061 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • “NCSoft’s taken our home? Then we take it back!”
CoH Sound Effect Files?
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »
I seem to remember someone had assembled an archive of these?  Not the music files, but an archive of all the various other in-game sounds.  Does anyone know where that is?  I checked ParagonWiki, but it doesn't appear to be there; the music files, yes, but only a few of the sound effects files are present.
No, we are not "almost there" at this point.  If we're very lucky we'll hear some news on how negotiations with NCSoft are progressing by end of 2016.

Or maybe by the end of 2020...let's just hope the negotiations are still going on.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
Re: CoH Sound Effect Files?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • “NCSoft’s taken our home? Then we take it back!”
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
Thanks!
No, we are not "almost there" at this point.  If we're very lucky we'll hear some news on how negotiations with NCSoft are progressing by end of 2016.

Or maybe by the end of 2020...let's just hope the negotiations are still going on.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:46:41 AM »
A sizable number of these are out of a sound library. Has anyone ever identified which library they came out of?

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
For the record, I did ultimately find the sound library. It is from Sounddog, their "Series 6000" collection, found here: http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects-library/2229.htm

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »
Nice work, Downix!

I always sort of wondered about that since I've recognized some of those sounds in other places.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 4.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov