Author Topic: Widow Training: Night Widow not showing Build Up!  (Read 5717 times)

DarkMaster

• Underling
Widow Training: Night Widow not showing Build Up!
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:31:23 AM »
Hey, first off, I'd like to start out by saying........AWESOME SITE! Seriously, bravo. I'd like to give you thanks for all the hard work you do to keep us all informed and keep things up to date!  :)

Anyways, to business, I noticed that in the "Widow Training: Night Widow" primary, you don't show "Build Up" listed. I thought it might have been removed from the game, but I just logged in and there it was, so I'm guessing that you just forgot to add it, it's ok, it happens  ;) It should go between "Mental Blast" and "Smoke Grenade" in that branch.

Also, I noticed that you have some "links" which do not re-direct you correctly. Such as the "pet links" in the new SoA sets. I click on them, and they really don't take you anywhere. I think you mean to have them bring up the "pet" you are clicking info on for, but they currently are not.

All in all though, fantastic site! Keep it up! You're very much appreciated around CoX!

EDIT: Sorry, just thought I'd make a quick request hehe, I was wondering if you would mind adding the "levels" at which certain powers are achieved. I've looked around CoD, but I have not found anything suggesting as to "which" levels certain powers are attained. Such as Bitter Ice Blast coming at lvl 18, and Blizzard coming at lvl 32. I, for the most part, know when and where powers come and at what levels, however, just for "ease of use" I think it'd be awesome if you included those levels in CoD!!! For example, the new VEAT AT's are a bit confusing sometimes (as are Khelds) as to "when" you are able to attain certain powers.

Anyways, just a minor suggestion, if you find the time to add it anytime soon. It would really help out! Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:36:44 AM by DarkMaster »

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
Re: Widow Training: Night Widow not showing Build Up!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »
Level for powers added.  I'm looking into your other points.

DarkMaster

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for a speedy response. That should really help out some, especially for new players. I look forward to your other changes  :)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:49:53 AM »
Level for powers added.  I'm looking into your other points.

Hey, I got a wonderful and quick to implement request to make: could you make the 'PVE Damage Scale' data you got on the powers to show along with the level, End, cast etc. when we review the list of power pools? I would love to have that to crunch numbers harder in spreadsheets far more easily (since it's an addition of all the 100% damages scalars of the power, right?) I'll cope with the X% (X<100) that are not considered. Thank you in advance!

Edit: no, it seems i'm mistaken, it takes note of X% (X<100) chances, it even averages it in the scale (example, Scorch of Fire Melee), but it doesn't take into account the CONDITIONAL damages (scourge, Hidden state, and other things I overlook)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 12:31:47 PM by Mister Bison »
Yeeessss....

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:50:48 PM »
Hey, I got a wonderful and quick to implement request to make: could you make the 'PVE Damage Scale' data you got on the powers to show along with the level, End, cast etc. when we review the list of power pools? I would love to have that to crunch numbers harder in spreadsheets far more easily (since it's an addition of all the 100% damages scalars of the power, right?) I'll cope with the X% (X<100) that are not considered. Thank you in advance!

Edit: no, it seems i'm mistaken, it takes note of X% (X<100) chances, it even averages it in the scale (example, Scorch of Fire Melee), but it doesn't take into account the CONDITIONAL damages (scourge, Hidden state, and other things I overlook)

Correct, the chance for damage to occur is taken into account in the average.  For effects like Scourge, Containment etc. there's no real way to average that additional damage so it is excluded.

I'll add the PvE damage scale to the main power list page, I didn't do so initially as that is being completely replaced by something new but seeing as it's an easy add I'll put it in for the meantime.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
Well, in the 'real numbers behind the power' we can now access in the game I think Castle, pohsby or Positron said it was exactly like that, the chances are accounted for but the conditionnary (type of ennemies (robotics...) special mecanisms (scourge, assassination, containment)) are not included. So you're pretty much on the good road, it's just that maybe it would cause surprises because the actual damage has to take into account if the power is ranged or melee so the multiplier is not the same, but it changes on an attack vector and archetype basis so that's all win anyway and is still a great addition
Yeeessss....

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
Well, in the 'real numbers behind the power' we can now access in the game I think Castle, pohsby or Positron said it was exactly like that, the chances are accounted for but the conditionnary (type of ennemies (robotics...) special mecanisms (scourge, assassination, containment)) are not included. So you're pretty much on the good road, it's just that maybe it would cause surprises because the actual damage has to take into account if the power is ranged or melee so the multiplier is not the same, but it changes on an attack vector and archetype basis so that's all win anyway and is still a great addition

Yup, but it only makes sense to apply the ranged/melee archetype multiplier once you have a set level and archetype to apply to the power, which is why the scale does not include at that level, only when you drill down into the details and select an AT and LVL for the specific power.

The user generated comparisons I'm working on right now will allow you to compare powers across AT's, as when you add a power to the comparison list it is tied to a specific Archetype.  e.g. http://coh.redtomax.com/data/powers/compare/view.php?uid=1