Author Topic: Paragon Chat.. Why is no one here? :(  (Read 12701 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Paragon Chat.. Why is no one here? :(
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:09:15 AM »
Yeah I just came into Paragon chat for the first time ever and It looks empty.. I just spent an entire hour flying around and crying but no one to share the tears with..
Someone log in so we can beat frostfire :D

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat.. Why is no one here? :(
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:09:59 AM »
Steel Canyon wins because ...

I mean, try Pocket D next time, there might be people there.

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:39 PM »
I pop in every now and again and usually do hit Steel Canyon. I spent a lot of time in that zone doing crafting and auctions and ICON so it is dear to me.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »

There are about 15 heroes under the statue of Atlas right now  :)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »
Yep, we had (and it's still going, as of 9:30 EST, 3/17th) a St. Patrick's Day dance party, with a costume contest, and DJ Exelion doing his show from there.   It's was pretty impromptu, but we have a good turnout.  We'll post pics in the Activities sub-forum.   :)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:01:21 AM »
I log on/off least once.day...when I see no one else is around, I log off. 8)

maybe if we held events more often or sent pm's (messages sit waiting next time  you log on) it might help.

FallenParasyte

• Underling
  • I am a Megz ouo
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
I'm wondering this to XD! I'm on but i see no one  :gonk:
Pending Assembly

AudreyWinter

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
Yep, we had (and it's still going, as of 9:30 EST, 3/17th) a St. Patrick's Day dance party, with a costume contest, and DJ Exelion doing his show from there.   It's was pretty impromptu, but we have a good turnout.  We'll post pics in the Activities sub-forum.   :)

Her thing, if you please. Also, that was a hell of a fun time. Definitely want to do that again!

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »
The problem at the moment?

Well, strangely as it seems - different servers had different activity levels for different reasons. We currently have no NPCs, no mission architect, no TFs or SFs, no PvP and no Powers - which is all kind of dampeners for different RP groups which generally used TFs and Architect as a way of doing stuff while RPing. The lack of powers sort of forces an odd sort of immersion. The lack of PvP also affects some.

RPers are odd creatures. And remember, not all of CoH was RPers - the PvPers and general PvE crowd aren't likely to have stuck around after launch because none of their elements existed. And yeah, it's rough. I appreciate the efforts but can say that it's going to take time - they're literally having to reconstruct the game from the ground up through finding loopholes in the code.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 11:45:11 PM »
[T]hey're literally having to reconstruct the game from the ground up through finding loopholes in the code.

Just to be clear, Paragon Chat is NOT a reconstruction of "the game".  It is and will always be a City of Heroes back-drop chat program.  Just like ICON will always be a costume creator NPC spawning private instance.

Someday, if NCSoft can make it happen, "the game" rights will be purchased and then work on re-building it can begin.

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:46 AM »
Just to be clear, Paragon Chat is NOT a reconstruction of "the game".  It is and will always be a City of Heroes back-drop chat program.  Just like ICON will always be a costume creator NPC spawning private instance.

Someday, if NCSoft can make it happen, "the game" rights will be purchased and then work on re-building it can begin.

Not so much the literal game - but the power animations, the powers, essentially those are all elements.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 04:52:33 AM »
Well, I'd be here if I could get XMPP to work. Hold on.  :)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 11:54:23 PM »
I just went to PC.
I was in Faultline and it looked different.
I wondered what was going on, until I brought up MapMenu.
On a haunch I went to Echoes, and Faultline Echo said that I was there.
That explained a lot.
I love the new Faultline, instead of the echo.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 03:36:41 AM »
Might be worthwhile to keep an eye on The Cape Radio, for future events in Paragon Chat.  They covered our St. Patty's Day party in Atlas on the 17th, and are currently hosting a Celtic Festival in Croatoa at the standing stones, with a good group of players dancing and chatting.

Sardan

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:02 PM »
Wow, I only just discovered this. It's exciting! Thanks for all your hard work, I'm eager to just get into the old zones again.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 02:40:07 AM »
Day one was really awesome, they made us jog everywhere.
Now we have trains and such.
We can fly and super jump and super speed and ninja run.
We can even walk, which looks great on certain toons.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 01:38:10 AM »
Yeah I just came into Paragon chat for the first time ever and It looks empty.. I just spent an entire hour flying around and crying but no one to share the tears with..
Someone log in so we can beat frostfire :D

I was/am SO psyched when I heard about Paragon Chat.  I love it.  Right now, however, I've been away for a while.  I'm waiting on TEAM CHAT and the ability to find (reticle?) a person on a map who I'm on a team with.  It's very difficult to RP effectively in a landscape outside of Pocket D when two players locating each other in a reasonable or quick way are locked down.   I know there's workarounds, but that's the feature I'm waiting on.

-Tipsy

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 02:57:42 AM »
Nobody goes to Paragon Chat, or Super Fire Dragon's Fun House of Chat, anymore---it's too crowded.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 07:51:14 AM »
I wasn't on, but I do log in every so often because I miss this all so much. Most of my time is spend running around the City just exploring like I used to. That I can talk to folks when I can bring myself to talk makes it sublime.

That said, I play other games with my SG because we were determined to stay together no matter what. Most of them don't come *here* because it's not the same, for obvious reasons, and we play other games like Marvel and Secret World because there's stuff to fight and talk about...

I still log in for special events and such, or when I really need to feel at home, but I lurk.

Well, I'd be here if I could get XMPP to work. Hold on.  :)
I do that too, from time to time. :)

It's nice so many folks care so much about a City that went dark, but still had citizens and heroes wanting to fight for it. Check the Activities section of these forms for confirmation...

Just know, you're not alone.

Lyc~

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 08:22:45 AM »
I've not been in so much recently because 10 days ago I broke my right elbow & shoulder and just can't manage for long due to pain. :(