Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0  (Read 108222 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0...bugs?
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2016, 10:06:34 PM »
Is there a place for ParagonChat bug reports?  This appears to be a dead thread.  (I was a poet and didn't know it...)

There's a whole subforum for bug reports and technical help here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,202.0.html

I don't know if you are aware that 1.0 isn't recognizing /customwindow as a legitimate command.  At least, for me it isn't.  With or without an argument.

Not sure on that one, I don't really use the custom window feature. IIRC the command itself is accesslevel restricted, so it won't work in paragon chat. But you don't actually need the command; you can just create the file in the right place (there may be some guides on that somewhere on the forum) and then the windows will show up and can be edited.

/bind_load and /bind_save do work, but they reference two different folders.  /bind_load pulls from C:\PCC\Settings\ while /bind_save saves to %APPDATA%\ParagonChat\Client\Settings.

Are you actually seeing it not work unless you move the files? The correct location for both should be the AppData one. The message in-game will say C:\PCC, but that's part of the shim system to make the non-Unicode aware client work with Unicode pathnames and can be ignored -- it gets silently mapped to %APPDATA%\ParagonChat\Client.

If everything is working correctly, C:\PCC is the one place on the disk you *can't* save files, since it is a special placeholder that gets replaced.

I note you have no arguments for /bind_load...perhaps you could add that to your list of things to do?  It'd be great to be able to pull different keybind sets for different toons.

You probably want /bind_load_file and /bind_save_file.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
I suppose it might be worth noting that I changed key binds and other stuff just within the options window, and when I click the "save to file" or "save to defaults" and then chose the corresponding load options in a new character, everything was saved and loaded properly. I do know that's different from slash commands, but I haven't used it enough to bother with more in depth UI changes yet.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »
One more reason why I don't care for Norton.  Sorry you're having issues.

Linuial

• Lieutenant
    • Survivor: a City of Heroes novel
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0...bugs?
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2016, 04:51:03 AM »
Not sure on that one, I don't really use the custom window feature. IIRC the command itself is accesslevel restricted, so it won't work in paragon chat. But you don't actually need the command; you can just create the file in the right place (there may be some guides on that somewhere on the forum) and then the windows will show up and can be edited.

I was looking at the list at paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Chat#Slash_Commands...should I assume that is not an "official" list, and just blow it off?  It sounded interesting... "/customwindow name; Creates a custom macro window titled name. Displays macros that are available across all characters. This window will only persist if your installation folder contains a /data/customwindows folder (create one if you don't have one already)."  So I created that folder, but when I tried typing /customwindow in the PC chat box, I got "unknown command".  I was really just looking for some macro help. 

Are you actually seeing it not work unless you move the files? The correct location for both should be the AppData one. The message in-game will say C:\PCC, but that's part of the shim system to make the non-Unicode aware client work with Unicode pathnames and can be ignored -- it gets silently mapped to %APPDATA%\ParagonChat\Client.

If everything is working correctly, C:\PCC is the one place on the disk you *can't* save files, since it is a special placeholder that gets replaced.

Got it, thanks.  ;-)   That's what I get for believing what I see lol

You probably want /bind_load_file and /bind_save_file.

Just found that an hour ago.  Thanks! 
Liberty and a plethora of others.  Altaholic.  SG Starfire.
"...and it's never too late to stop being afraid..." 
"...have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
"And your Moment of Truth is the day that you say, "I'm not scared!"
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2016, 06:29:48 AM »
The slash commands are diverse and represent features that may not be implemented or ready just yet.  For example, you can /chan_join a channel, but /chan_invite at the moment doesn't work.  (I imagine chan_invite has some difficulty: namely the functionality of the client inviting someone offline to a channel the next time they login isn't easy to reproduce.  And it's something that XMPP doesn't do on it's own.)

Like the UI windows, you can try a slash command and if you get "unknown command" as a response, you know it isn't "ready" yet. ...Or "ever" on some commands at SCoRE's option.  I don't work with/near them, so I can't answer what is and isn't going to come to pass.  The roadmap offers clues to some slash commands that might be considered as part of the future use of PChat, but like most F/LOSS the caveat is that there is no timeline or guarantees, it's ready when it's ready.

Some of the slash commands do have quirks: for example, calling a costume change emote is different in PChat than it is in-game: "/emote ccbackflip" works versus the "Official" way of doing it with "/cc_emote 3 ccbackflip". (Also, the Costume UI in game doesn't have the CC Emote drop down list that the live client had, so selecting them that way doesn't work either.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:41:03 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Hagia Sophia

• Underling
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »
Okay I feel really dumb asking about this but I had to format my C drive and so bye bye I24. Now I cannot seem to get it back on my computer. I've tried tequila which no longer seems to work at all. And I have manually put in all the files to a folder and the bootstrap is saying I still don't have I24 on my computer.

I am at a loss for what to do. :(

The torrent someone put up on page for of this forum doesn't seem to want to open for me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:43:14 PM by Hagia Sophia »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »
The day after the final PC 1.0 release, I started getting alerts from Symantec.

When I first added a folder exclusion, I added the wrong folder -- "Paragon Chat".  After a second round of alerts, I realized my mistake and added the "ParagonChat" folder. 

That stopped the alerts.

Anyone having continuing alert problems might want to verify they haven't made my mistake.

What's funny is none of the versions prior to 1.0, to include the beta 1.0 candidates, ever triggered Symantec.

Same deal here.  Even if all files were in the exclusion list.

I about freaked out when Norton DELETED the entire program - or made it look like it did. I had a norton techie connect to my system and restore it -and it still wouldn't work unless I disabled Norton completely.

Then it worked fine.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2016, 11:47:25 AM »
For those interested (sorry if this has been stated already) Panda Free Antivirus doesn't flag Paragon Chat. Was using Avira which wouldn't take the 'always ignore' option and quietly deleted it as well (though I think it swapped the order of it's 'ignore/quarantine' options so I accidentally deleted it)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 07:23:03 AM »
Could we get patch notes please?  Be nice to know what this badges thing is all about...

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 07:48:15 AM »
Could we get patch notes please?  Be nice to know what this badges thing is all about...
Oh, yes please.   :)

GUGuardian

• Underling
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
Why am I getting a SONAR.dropper (Trojan) warning from my AV program every time I try to run/update paragonchat.exe?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »
Why am I getting a SONAR.dropper (Trojan) warning from my AV program every time I try to run/update paragonchat.exe?

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11851.0.html

Dreadnaught

• Underling
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2016, 12:54:47 AM »
FYI, I ran into an issue during the anniversary party. Avast tried to nuke the app, but I was able to log back in again after creating exceptions for Paragon software and restoring from virus vault. But then I went to change toons and accidentally closed out. When I restarted it went into "latest version" download mode. After grabbing the latest version it errored out.

Although I had installed initially without an issue, I couldn't break the cycle of download and crash without shutting Avast down during the install, as Codewalker's link suggests. I'm finally back up,  but even if the ParagonChat works initially, AV can bite you later.

In the middle of a really fun party.

DN

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »
Just for the record, the McAfee anti-virus has never flagged PC.

Ectokin

• Minion
  • Paragon City lives in me
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »
Hey Codewalker or Manga, so I just got a brand new shiny PC with Windows 10 Home on it. So I don't have to wait for a Mac version after all.
YAY
But its brand new and has Windows 10.  :'(
But I guess I get to try/test out a brand new install of downloading and installing of all the stuff needed.
Now that you have a nice new package available what should I do first?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2016, 04:54:05 PM »
Hey Codewalker or Manga, so I just got a brand new shiny PC with Windows 10 Home on it. So I don't have to wait for a Mac version after all.
YAY
But its brand new and has Windows 10.  :'(
But I guess I get to try/test out a brand new install of downloading and installing of all the stuff needed.
Now that you have a nice new package available what should I do first?

I installed Paragon Chat 1.0 with a new Windows 10 laptop. What I did was download Tequila, and put the .exe in a new empty folder. I ran tequila, and it downloaded Icon, Paragon Chat, and the CoH client to that folder. After it runs successfully, you should never need it; I haven't opened it since.

I ran Paragon Chat (as I recall from the .exe in the aforementioned folder). It went smoothly, and everything went as expected, with one minor hiccup: the audio wasn't working. I believe that was due to some HP audio software that comes with the brand of speakers in my laptop, so you may not have that issue. I ran the standard audio troubleshooter, and everything was swell.

Basically, download and run Tequila, then open Paragon Chat. So far Windows 10 has not caused any issues - and I run Paragon Chat on a non-admin account.

You can find my posts on the installation here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11843.msg205310.html#msg205310 http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11878.msg205315.html
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Ectokin

• Minion
  • Paragon City lives in me
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2016, 02:44:31 AM »
I thought I saw a post earlier from someone that said to stop using using Tequila? Also I didn't know if Codewalker or Manga wanted me to test any new install package before I did anything since I have a clean system.

Linuial

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2016, 06:02:12 AM »
As far as I am aware (don't quote me!), the old Tequila method of installing PC went away when PC changed from version 0.99 to 1.0, i.e., it went "live".  Tequila was a tool for Beta testers to use.  Now that CW has released 1.0 (I believe we are up to 1.0.0.5 now), he has a shiny new installer.  It is supposed to do everything we used to have to do manually, with several steps.  https://chat.cohtitan.com/release/ParagonChatBootstrap.exe

I have a hints document, which includes this link, plus QuickChat/QuickPort, and also how to extract costume data from any SentinelPlus files you might have.  I couldn't test it all out, as I'm unwilling to uninstall PC (now that I have it working), but if you try my hints and have any trouble, get back with me and I'll be happy to help out any way I can.  :-) 
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Linuial

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2016, 06:11:29 AM »
I'm getting a SONAR warning from my Norton Internet Security.  You need to open your AV and exclude the entire folder that the paragonchat.exe file is in, not just the exe file itself, even though that is what it will complain about. 
"Unity" - - Shinedown

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »
I thought I saw a post earlier from someone that said to stop using using Tequila? Also I didn't know if Codewalker or Manga wanted me to test any new install package before I did anything since I have a clean system.

Once you have CoH, you will not need Tequilla again. It's ONLY purpose, which it's good at, is getting i24 for you.  Pretty sure there's no need for further testing on that as it's well tested.