Author Topic: Official Bug Thread  (Read 43213 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Official Bug Thread
« on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
This is the official bug thread for Paragon Chat. Starting over with 1.0, since many things have changed and it's difficult to know which ones still exist.

If you're just reporting a bug, you can reply to this post. I'll try to keep a running list updated in the first post.

If you are experiencing something that will require some back and forth to resolve, please start a separate thread in this section.  That way replies to help troubleshoot don't get mixed in with bug reports.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Official Bug Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:51 PM »
Reserved for future use.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:50:19 PM »
Creating Another Local Account
I went into 1.0, picked a toon and went into CoX, no problem.  Exited back to login, typed in a new account name: 'crashtest2'.  Character list was of course empty. Named character, picked origin, blaster, fire blaster, 2nd set fire manipulation, clicked NEXT
PChat crashed completely - no error, no warning. CoX is closed. No PChat tray item. Rebooted PC, went in, did same thing, same result.
Is there a different process to create a new account ?

[EDIT] Possible clue: Tried again today.  While zoning, I had a Map crash and I went back to the login.  Figured I might as well and tried the new account name 'crashtest2' and created the character successfully.  When I attempted to exit the creator to enter game, I got 'Unable to start map', but I was able to save the new costume.  Went back to the login and exited that way. Restarted PChat and CoH. Opened a character, entered game, moved around a bit, went back to log in. Entered 'crashtest2' and PChat and CoH crashed as before. So, if the Map is offline, I can make accounts and characters, but if Map is working, the attempt crashes it.  Hope this is a clue. :o
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:37:46 PM by crashpositron »

Gunnarsvard

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 01:52:23 PM »
Random complete crashes to desktop.
A small issue and one that's been happening shortly before the update. Just occasionally Paragon Chat will up and decide to close down entirely without warning or anything seeming wrong about the program running. I'm just plopped back out into desktop.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Quoting here so I don't forget about it and it would otherwise be buried in discussion.

Everything seems to be working fine, except the front end music doesn't play at all anymore.

Pretty sure I just forgot to add the right calls to play the music when rebuilding the login screen.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
I went into 1.0, picked a toon and went into CoX, no problem.  Exited back to login, typed in a new account name: 'crashtest2'.  Character list was of course empty. Named character, picked origin, blaster, fire blaster, 2nd set fire manipulation, clicked NEXT
PChat crashed completely - no error, no warning. CoX is closed. No PChat tray item. Rebooted PC, went in, did same thing, same result.

I believe I have this tracked down. While skipping the server select screen doesn't cause any problems when moving forward through the pages, it seems that the 'back' button on that screen resets some internal state that is used by the character select / creation page.

If any characters exist on the account, it doesn't matter because the state gets initialized in order to display the preview. However if you first log into an account with characters on it, then back out to the login screen, then go to an account with no characters and try to create one, it ends up using a player structure that has no costumes allocated. That causes a client crash upon trying to use the body or costume tab.

Should be fixed in the next patch.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:46 PM »
Thankies CW

freewaydog

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 12:07:30 AM »
My Paragon Chat was working fine last night, right?  WELL, more than frustratingly enough, look what happened here:

WHERE is this "issue 24" & where can I download it?  Did I have it before?  How did it disappear?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:09:44 AM »
That's the new user experience. Did you proceed past that page by either having PC search or by manually browsing, as stated on the screen?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 04:21:31 AM »
Randomly, people will become unable to see a specific persons local text no matter what is done.  Restarting the program or even the entire computer does not work as it generally just re-applies itself immedietly after the person restarts.

It doesn't stop once it happens in pocket D, I had noticed.

This bug seriously needs fixed as it's the single most disruptive I've ever seen.

Edit: It's still happening to me in Pocket D, it seems to start happening to someone in a zone and then never stops re-occuring in the zone for that player for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:47:25 AM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 05:14:53 AM »
On occasion, I log in and there's two of me.

I'll upload a pic the next time it happens.  Usually logging off and logging back on resolves it.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 10:55:59 PM »
I want Tahquitz's bug, please

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 11:03:29 PM »
Heh heh heh... it doesn't propagate past me.  Users in PChat don't see the double, only I do. (Hmm, this must be what A Beautiful Mind is like... that, or seeing Cthulhu.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:33:49 PM by Tahquitz »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:47 AM »
And proof I'm not on crack.  Here's a photo.

I verified again, other players do not see my doppelganger, nor can see the dual chat messages when I talk.  (chat.cohtitan.com shows one tell per message on the web, too.) 

Anything I can capture on my end to help with this, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:11:31 AM by Tahquitz »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 05:47:18 PM »
Do you happen to also log into the server using a standard XMPP client at the same time, and connect to the Paragon Chat channel using the same room nickname (invoking room JID sharing)?

There's a semi-known issue with that where Paragon Chat can get confused if you log in multiple times using the same name. XMPP rooms echo your own messages back to you, so Paragon Chat normally ignores those when they come in on the meta channel. But if you're in the room twice, the XMPP server will sometimes send the same JID more than once in the member list, and that can cause PC to lose track of which one is "self". It ends up thinking the echo messages are from someone else in the room and creating a proxy player for them.

Once created, the proxy will follow all of your movements with some time lag, since it's run by the position and animation data that is making a round trip to the server and back.

I have some general ideas about how to fix it, but it's rare enough that it's a low-priority issue.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:57 PM »
That hit the nail on the head.  I used the chat.cohtitan.com web client to log into XMPP and I logged in and out of Paragon Chat.  On the fourth try, It happened again.

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 12:02:12 AM »
Is anyone else having issues with costume parts not allowed?I can use them in Icon and I had no problems
loading into Paragon Chat with the same costume before.Sorry if this has been posted already.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
There are still some costume parts we can't use.  I'd love to have the Cimeroran Ghost Widow 'skirt' (for example), but it won't pass the costume editor in PChat right now. Most of these are NPC or Signature character pieces, I think.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »
There are still some costume parts we can't use.  I'd love to have the Cimeroran Ghost Widow 'skirt' (for example), but it won't pass the costume editor in PChat right now. Most of these are NPC or Signature character pieces, I think.

That's not a bug, we're not allowed to use those pieces unless you db edit.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 01:01:39 AM »
I use to have a 4th option, to see total number of people online...How do I reset this? :o